IGNORED

The Lie of Socialized Medicine

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

I am a broken record about the liberal / conservative controversy... the medical profession is but one of the many that jumped on the insatiable greed bandwagon and aided the turning of our world upsidown.

If the medical profession (starting with med school) did not charge so much in the first place that insurance is needed to pay for everything, then it would not have created the greedy monster that insurance has become.

Social medicine is what Hypocrites had in mind. Socialized medicine is not. 

Social medicine like social security was designed to make medicine available to those who couldn't afford it. Social security was a good idea and would have worked if it was not left to the greedy rich to press for zero interest on the funds taxed. That's right. Zero. That's the trickle down method for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

For those of you who have socialized medicine where you live what do you think of it?I have heard that their are very long waits to have important procedures done.Is that the case?What do you think the pro and con's are of socialized medicine?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  13

For those of you who have socialized medicine where you live what do you think of it?I have heard that their are very long waits to have important procedures done.Is that the case?What do you think the pro and con's are of socialized medicine?

Since I have no insurance, I am wondering if there is actually help in the obamacare program? I know it is easy to get tainted information anytime Gov. is involved. I am looking for real anwsers to the question, is it an answer needing help

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Since I have no insurance, I am wondering if there is actually help in the obamacare program? I know it is easy to get tainted information anytime Gov. is involved. I am looking for real anwsers to the question, is it an answer needing help

I have heard too many stories and I have not had to deal with it myself.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1984

Wait times are a myth. If you are someone who has a trivial issue...a cold or a stubbed toe then yes you have to wait hours. If you have cancer or need life saving operations there are no wait times. Usually if you cannot get the treatment you need fast enough here they will pay for you to have the operation done outside the country.

I'm sure one or two people will try and dredge up a few cases of people who fell through the cracks, and to that I say "don't bother". No system is perfect but in Canada no one dies because they are poor and we have zero medical related bankruptcies. And yes we still have a thriving private insurance industry despite government run health care.

Edited by MrsRational

Guest shiloh357

Wait times are a myth. If you are someone who has a trivial issue...a cold or a stubbed toe then yes you have to wait hours. If you have cancer or need life saving operations there are no wait times. Usually if you cannot get the treatment you need fast enough here they will pay for you to have the operation done outside the country.

I'm sure one or two people will try and dredge up a few cases of people who fell through the cracks, and to that I say "don't bother". No system is perfect but in Canada no one dies because they are poor and we have zero medical related bankruptcies. And yes we still have a thriving private insurance industry despite government run health care.

Your small population makes a difference.   In the US we are losing doctors in droves.  Many of our doctors dont like Obamacare and are retiring or going into another field of work.   So the ratio of available doctors for patients will predictably result in much greater wait times.   What works for Canada won't work for the United States.  We have waaaaay more sick people than you do.  

Furhermore, there are other countries with your kind of healthcare where the experience is awful.  It appears that you are speaking from the limited scope of your experiece.  Your experience isn't the last word on the matter given that there are other countries where socialized medicine is a nightmare.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Does a retired female have to pay for maternity insurance in Canada?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Actually, wait times are not a myth. I have too many friends who live in Canada who tell me their stories. What you consider and Canadian health care considers a trivial issue, is not what others consider trivial. What if you needed a simple outpatient procedure in order to eat solid food? You were living on a liquid diet. And you were turned down for the procedure?  

Does Canadian insurance cover your medicine? (This coverage varies by province)  

Do you have supplemental insurance? (66% of Canadians purchase supplimental insurance to cover what their health care government insurance does not).  

To cover the cost of their socialized medicine, the price comes out of national income tax, provincial income tax, other taxes including sales taxes (GST & PST), money raised thru lotteries.  Some provinces charge a special additional health care tax. Plus other possibilities I am not aware of as many of the taxes are at the Provincial level. Canada spends about 12% of it's gross national product on their health care system, and then private companies still finance supplimental insurance, and individuals still purchase private insurance to make up for what isn't covered. (A lot of Canadians who live near the border, travel to the U.S. to shop because the cost of goods is much less in the U.S.)     

That plus, the average salary for doctors in Canada is $125,000, vs about $185,000 in the U.S. A lot of U.S. doctors aren't crazy about the long expensive education (student loans), a job which requires a lot of overtime, plus on call hours, etc. Plus government breathing down you neck with silly regulations.   

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Shiloh ,

Brother ,you nailed it with your OP,could not be more on the money(no pun intended)........Bopeep asked for the opinions of those that live outside of US & though I live here my best friend lives in the UK & we talk almost everyday ,her husband has major health issues is in need of surgery & has been waiting mos so far with.....he waited 3 months to see "a" physician to get his pain medication(he has had back surgery & is not a drug addict ),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,My best friend had to have an emergency surgery & almost died cause she was made to wait(only about 2 weeks)which could have killed her as she had an eruption in the fallopian tube..........its no myth,2 people in the same household fell through the cracks? It is pretty bad.....economically it has a good structure but at what cost?

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Guest shiloh357

Blessings Shiloh ,

Brother ,you nailed it with your OP,could not be more on the money(no pun intended)........Bopeep asked for the opinions of those that live outside of US & though I live here my best friend lives in the UK & we talk almost everyday ,her husband has major health issues is in need of surgery & has been waiting mos so far with.....he waited 3 months to see "a" physician to get his pain medication(he has had back surgery & is not a drug addict ),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,My best friend had to have an emergency surgery & almost died cause she was made to wait(only about 2 weeks)which could have killed her as she had an eruption in the fallopian tube..........its no myth,2 people in the same household fell through the cracks? It is pretty bad.....economically it has a good structure but at what cost?

With love,in Christ-Kwik

I have heard and read many stories out of the UK about the long weeks and months of waiting  for a treatment and in some cases, having to wait meant that the problem got worse and the treatment, therefore, got more expensive and harder to treat because of the advanced stages of illness.

It is not far fetched at all, given that we are losing doctors in droves who don't like Obamacare and won't practice medicine under Obamacare because of all of the headaches associated with it, that we are going to have looooong waiting lines, literally months long.

Under Obamacare millions that could not see doctor due to pre-existing conditions will flood the healthcare industry while hundreds and thousands of doctors are headed out the door, leaving HUGE waiting lists due to shortage of doctors and an influx of millions of new patients.   No one can say that won't result in  long waiting lists.

That is why Obamacare is a farce.   It isn't about healthcare and it isn't affordable.   People are going to pay more for lower quality care and some may die or end up terminally ill because they have to wait.