• Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Montana Marv.

Izzel

Christ died at the end of the 69th week per Dan 9:26.

The people of the ruler to come was Titus and the Roman army who destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD.

Dan 9:27 is yet future.  He confirms a covenant with many for 0ne Seven, then in the middle of this week he sets up the A/D at the Temple.  This is the A/C who does this.  In Matt 24:15 - Jesus says, so when you see standing in the holy place the A/D spoken of through the prophet Daniel (Dan 9:27); flee to the mountains.     No one fled to the mountains when Jesus was crucified. Jesus made no 7 year covenant with anyone, it is not in Scripture.  BTW, the New Covenant is an everlasting covenant, not a seven year covenant.  You are way off base here.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Sorry, but Daniel 9:26 does not say that "Christ died at the end of the 69th week." One must be careful with the wording of Scriptures, especially when one realizes that he is dealing with a different language and culture! It says that Christ died AFTER the 69th seek. That's a horse of a different color!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

Hi. This is my first post on this forum and I'm looking forward to many interesting discussions. My views are not always orthodox but as we are entering the end-times I feel its necessary to revisit assumptions we may have had in the past.

I believe the last seven is split.  Most translations have TWO characters and not one in Daniel 9:27. Most translations refer to "he" who confirms the covenant, and one/desolator who sets up the abomination. If this is what the Amplified bible says, we should sit up and take notice:

And he shall enter into a strong and firm covenant with the many for one week [seven years]. And in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and offering to cease [for the remaining three and one-half years]; and upon the wing or pinnacle of abominations [shall come] one who makes desolate, until the full determined end is poured out on the desolator

Jewish bible:

He will make a strong covenant with leaders for one week [of years]. For half of the week he will put a stop to the sacrifice and the grain offering. On the wing of detestable things the desolator will come and continue until the already decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator

Jesus confirmed the covenant, the Jewish period was interrupted at the crucifixion which opened the way for the gentiles, but there is still one more 3.5 year Jewish period left before the second coming. The antichrist/abomination will commence the final 3.5 Jewish years known as the great tribulation.

The prophecy is unbroken alot are going by hersey and not what is in the bible 

The he is Jesus that confirms the covenant and there is no 3.5 years of tribulation 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hi. This is my first post on this forum and I'm looking forward to many interesting discussions. My views are not always orthodox but as we are entering the end-times I feel its necessary to revisit assumptions we may have had in the past.

I believe the last seven is split.  Most translations have TWO characters and not one in Daniel 9:27. Most translations refer to "he" who confirms the covenant, and one/desolator who sets up the abomination. If this is what the Amplified bible says, we should sit up and take notice:

And he shall enter into a strong and firm covenant with the many for one week [seven years]. And in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and offering to cease [for the remaining three and one-half years]; and upon the wing or pinnacle of abominations [shall come] one who makes desolate, until the full determined end is poured out on the desolator

Jewish bible:

He will make a strong covenant with leaders for one week [of years]. For half of the week he will put a stop to the sacrifice and the grain offering. On the wing of detestable things the desolator will come and continue until the already decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator

Jesus confirmed the covenant, the Jewish period was interrupted at the crucifixion which opened the way for the gentiles, but there is still one more 3.5 year Jewish period left before the second coming. The antichrist/abomination will commence the final 3.5 Jewish years known as the great tribulation.

The he is Jesus that confirms the covenant and there is no 3.5 years of tribulation 

Hi Izzel, if you look at my post again you will see that I didn't go by hersey (heresy or hearsay?). I quoted from the Amplified bible and from the Jewish bible, both list two characters in Daniel 9:27 , not one character.  

The following verses indicate a 3.5 year period until the second coming:

Daniel 7:25 the little horn persecutes the saints for 3.5 years until Jesus comes (time, times and half a time)

Daniel 12:11 refers to 1290 days from the abomination until the resurrection (3.5 years)

Matthew 24 Jesus mentions the tribulation starts with Daniel's abomination, and ends with the second coming

Rev 12 refers to 42 months of persecution

Rev 13 refers to 42 months of the beast's rule and persecution

There definitely is a future tribulation period of 3.5 years.

Jewish bible:

Hi Izzel, if you look at my post again you will see that I didn't go by hersey (heresy or hearsay?). I quoted from the Amplified bible and from the Jewish bible, both list two characters in Daniel 9:27 , not one character.  

Daniel 7:25 the little horn persecutes the saints for 3.5 years until Jesus comes (time, times and half a time)

Daniel 12:11 refers to 1290 days from the abomination until the resurrection (3.5 years)

Matthew 24 Jesus mentions the tribulation starts with Daniel's abomination, and ends with the second coming

I am not saying you I am speaking in General as to the teaching that the he Is the Anti Christ 

Non of the bible teaches that it is a man made teaching 

Therefore persons were taught that so whenever they read the passage that is all they see 

hi=

So if I offended you in anyway but the bible clearly says that the he is Jesus 

Jewish bible:

Its is 1260 years  and 1260 years the days are prophetic and again you are including the 490 years iand mixi ng up the prophecies 

I am not saying you I am speaking in General as to the teaching that the he Is the Anti Christ 

Non of the bible teaches that it is a man made teaching 

Therefore persons were taught that so whenever they read the passage that is all they see 

hi=

So if I offended you in anyway but the bible clearly says that the he is Jesus 

No, the HE in Daniel 9:27 is the antichrist. We have given you enough evidence.

Jewish bible:

Its is 1260 years  and 1260 years the days are prophetic and again you are including the 490 years iand mixi ng up the prophecies 

I'm not mixing up the prophecies.

I believe there are certain shortcomings with your view. You have not explained why your 1290 days = 1290 years is superior to my view that 1290 days = 1290 days.

You also have not explained the other verses concerning 42 months and time, times and half a time. 

All these verses point to a 3.5 year period, you need to strengthen your argument to justify why your position is stronger than my position.

No, the HE in Daniel 9:27 is the antichrist. We have given you enough evidence.

Looking through this thread, I don't see enough evidence for the "he" being the antichrist.

In v25 we have a prince who will come. (Jesus)

In v26 we have a prince who will come. If you want to change the identity of the second prince you need very good reasons to do so, please explain why. 

Most people use the explanation that the Romans destroyed the temple, and so the new prince had to be a Roman one, but if you look at the Hebrew word it means destroy/corrupt/rot/mar. During 66AD to 70AD the zealots were corrupting the temple through their disgusting behaviour (rape, murder, desecration, cannibalism). The zealots were Jews/Galileans , the people of the prince corrupted the temple, then the Romans destroyed it like a flood.

The "he" then refers to the prince Jesus, he confirmed the promised "Anointed One", "son of David"  when He was baptised, then 3.5 years later he was the last sacrificial lamb, putting an end to sacrifice.

In addition, the 7 year peace treaty view completely fails to acknowledge that MOST translations separate the identity of the "he" that confirms the covenant from the one/desolator who sets up the abomination. 

So on 5 counts I believe Jesus fits the "he" better than the antichrist

1) v26 does not say "another prince to come", my view fits the grammar

2) My view acknowledges the greater evil of the zealots that led to the disunity, corruption and destruction of the temple

3) My view regards the anointing of Jesus (Jordan River) as the coming of the anointed one, its more accurate timing of when the anointed one appeared publicly to Israel

4) The fact that Jesus himself confirmed a promise, had a 3.5 year ministry, and was the last sacrificial lamb fits v27 perfectly

5) My view fits into most translations that separate the identity of the two characters in v27

Edited by ARGOSY

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

Jewish bible:

I believe there are certain shortcomings with your view. You have not explained why your 1290 days = 1290 years is superior to my view that 1290 days = 1290 days.

You also have not explained the other verses concerning 42 months and time, times and half a time. 

All these verses point to a 3.5 year period, you need to strengthen your argument to justify why your position is stronger than my position.

Hi ARGOSY and welcome to worthy.

I believe you are correct.  All of the evidence points to 3 1/2 years. 

Time, times and half a time = 3 1/2 years

forty-two months = 3 1/2 years

1260 days = 3 1/2 years

But, you're on your own, as far as the rest of this discussion goes.

Cheers

Jewish bible:

Hi ARGOSY and welcome to worthy.

I believe you are correct.  All of the evidence points to 3 1/2 years. 

Time, times and half a time = 3 1/2 years

forty-two months = 3 1/2 years

1260 days = 3 1/2 years

But, you're on your own, as far as the rest of this discussion goes.

Cheers

Thanks for the agreement. Have you any reasoning behind regarding the antichrist as the one who confirms the covenant. I have just listed 5 reasons why I believe its Jesus.