Guest DRS81

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Hi. This is my first post on this forum and I'm looking forward to many interesting discussions. My views are not always orthodox but as we are entering the end-times I feel its necessary to revisit assumptions we may have had in the past.

I believe the last seven is split.  Most translations have TWO characters and not one in Daniel 9:27. Most translations refer to "he" who confirms the covenant, and one/desolator who sets up the abomination. If this is what the Amplified bible says, we should sit up and take notice:

And he shall enter into a strong and firm covenant with the many for one week [seven years]. And in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and offering to cease [for the remaining three and one-half years]; and upon the wing or pinnacle of abominations [shall come] one who makes desolate, until the full determined end is poured out on the desolator

Jewish bible:

He will make a strong covenant with leaders for one week [of years]. For half of the week he will put a stop to the sacrifice and the grain offering. On the wing of detestable things the desolator will come and continue until the already decreed destruction is poured out on the desolator

Jesus confirmed the covenant, the Jewish period was interrupted at the crucifixion which opened the way for the gentiles, but there is still one more 3.5 year Jewish period left before the second coming. The antichrist/abomination will commence the final 3.5 Jewish years known as the great tribulation.

The prophecy is unbroken alot are going by hersey and not what is in the bible 

The he is Jesus that confirms the covenant and there is no 3.5 years of tribulation

Hi Izzel, if you look at my post again you will see that I didn't go by hersey (heresy or hearsay?). I quoted from the Amplified bible and from the Jewish bible, both list two characters in Daniel 9:27 , not one character.  

The following verses indicate a 3.5 year period until the second coming:

Daniel 7:25 the little horn persecutes the saints for 3.5 years until Jesus comes (time, times and half a time)

Daniel 12:11 refers to 1290 days from the abomination until the resurrection (3.5 years)

Matthew 24 Jesus mentions the tribulation starts with Daniel's abomination, and ends with the second coming

Rev 12 refers to 42 months of persecution

Rev 13 refers to 42 months of the beast's rule and persecution

There definitely is a future tribulation period of 3.5 years.

Its is 1260 years  and 1260 years the days are prophetic and again you are including the 490 years iand mixi ng up the prophecies

I'm not mixing up the prophecies.

I believe there are certain shortcomings with your view. You have not explained why your 1290 days = 1290 years is superior to my view that 1290 days = 1290 days.

You also have not explained the other verses concerning 42 months and time, times and half a time. 

All these verses point to a 3.5 year period, you need to strengthen your argument to justify why your position is stronger than my position.

Hi ARGOSY and welcome to worthy.

I believe you are correct.  All of the evidence points to 3 1/2 years. 

Time, times and half a time = 3 1/2 years

forty-two months = 3 1/2 years

1260 days = 3 1/2 years

But, you're on your own, as far as the rest of this discussion goes.

Cheers

Thanks for the agreement. Have you any reasoning behind regarding the antichrist as the one who confirms the covenant. I have just listed 5 reasons why I believe its Jesus.

Well, lets just say that I'm not aware of Jesus making a seven year covenant. Furthermore, Messiah was cut off after 69 weeks, so the 70th week remained unfulfilled. But never say never, He said He would be returning. In the mean time, an impostor will try to take His place.

Cheers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Well, lets just say that I'm not aware of Jesus making a seven year covenant. Furthermore, Messiah was cut off after 69 weeks, so the 70th week remained unfulfilled. But never say never, He said He would be returning. In the mean time, an impostor will try to take His place.

Cheers

If those are your only two objections then that's easy:

The wording means to "strengthen a covenant", surely Jesus' 3.5 years of ministry continually strengthened the covenant God had to send a Messiah to set specifically the Jews free? And in the future there will be another 3.5 years when Jesus is strengthening the covenant of the true Messiah to the Jews. 

And your own wording about the timing of the "cut off" agrees with my view, he was cut off 3.5 years after the 69 weeks. This fits in with the word "after". ie the coming of the anointed one occurred in the autumn of 26AD, this was 69 sevens (year 483). After this he was cut off, 3.5 years later he was crucified.  Your view puts the crucifixion in the gap between the 69th and 70th weeks which means you have left out the crucifixion from Daniel's special 490 year Jewish period. Its outside the 490 years which is ridiculous in my eyes to place the crucifixion outside the significant 490 years of special times for the Jews.

Edited by ARGOSY

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Closed for moderation