• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Prair Warur,

Just as Qnts has said I too believe that those that claim their expertise is Spiritual Warfare tend to focus way too much on demons,acyually giving them more credit than they are worth mentioning & it does(in my opinion)detract from Gods Glory......Jesus & His disciples did not spend three days(or whatever) in corporate prayer,hollering & screaming in a major rolling around on the floor deliverance spectacle to deliver a "possessed "person....they simply used Christs Authority & told them it was time to go,of course just as Jesus explained to them when they had difficulty with one that that type required Prayer & fasting(which tells us that one must be walking I spirit & in truth & accessing the Power of the Holy Spirit with no hindrance from their own flesh......

Firstly,it is very important to have discernment to be able to try the spirits....I would think it safe to say that many a Christian has been in the company off a possessed or oppressed individual & never even knew it................according to Gods Word all believers that are baptised of the Holy Spirit are able to cast out demons(by no power of their own)it is the Lord that has won this Victory & it is He that rebukes.......this is not something that anyone without experience or the Power of the Holy Spirit should undergo,the enemy is but a flea compared to God but for an unarmed,non Holy Ghost powered person they are much more powerful & not to be fooled with

As far as why it seems America is so oblivious to Spiritual activity or warfare I would tend to think it is because America is a very young country,the Puritans came to a new land (the American Indian believes in spirits)bringing with them Christianity & their beliefs,maybe  aside from the Indians territories I am trying to say a young,unadulterated (or less)than the rest of the world?So I think Americans really have not witnessed much demonic activity compared to ancient inhabited lands......Not like ancient China or India that for centuries have been worshipping pagan gods......just my thoughts.

Well,God Bless you,The Holy Spirit leads us ,guides us & will use us in whatever way He wants to if we are willing and obediant,,,,so whatever we are called to do He will show you what,where & when....you know you have been blessed in evangelizing & spreading Gods love,do it well with the Heart & Mind of Christ

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Well said, (*(*( Kwik! )*)*)   Yes, it is important to not engage demons and never go in without the Holy Spirit's guidance and wisdom.  I have been taught too, the importance of mentioning the Blood of Jesus.  Demons tremble at the precious Name of Jesus and they flee when the Blood is brought up.  

As with all things, we are to be equipped with the Armor of God on a daily basis.  When demons see that armor they know who is in power.  Glory to God!  I have also been taught what is said in Jude when Michael addressed satan.  I will leave you with that Scripture.

Many blessings and much love to you, Dear Sister!

Peace to you now and throughout this brand new year!

Always in His care,

PrairWarur

Jude 1:8-10

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Yet in the same way these men, also by dreaming, (Adefile the flesh, and reject authority, and revile [aangelic majesties. 

But (BMichael (Cthe archangel, when he disputed with the devil and argued about (Dthe body of Moses, did not dare pronounce against him a railing judgment, but said, “(EThe Lord rebuke you!” 

10 But (Fthese men revile the things which they do not understand; and (Gthe things which they know by instinct, (Hlike unreasoning animals, by these things they are [bdestroyed.

I will try to address all posts in one brief response.  Forgive me if I do not answer each question. 

((( Ninhao ))) I agree, the devil is good at hiding in plain sight and he is clever at fooling people, when possible, but we know our God and we are well equipped in this battle.  After-all, the work was completed at the Cross.  Amen

Considering what I see on the news, the crime and unspeakable acts, I wonder if Christians should be more aggressive towards battling the enemy?  It appears, for whatever reason, that a lot is ignored and few go into battle.

As is stated in Ephesians 6, we know the enemy and we are told exactly how to do battle.  I have noticed that the only piece of armor that is on the offense is the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God.  All other parts are defensive tools.

As far as this issue being uncommon today, that may be because we do not recognize the spirit behind crimes committed, sicknesses, and other things that affect society negatively.  I took notice at the comment made by Kwik that sometimes we do not even know, or realize, when we have seen someone possessed or oppressed by these unholy spirits.  That is why I have prayed for a discerning spirit to help in recognizing someone in need of help and deliverance. 

Yes, I am aware there is another thread.  I only wanted to ask a few questions and get a better understanding and a sense of attitudes with the people here.  And, yes, I am somewhat new to this type of ministry, that is why I seek more wisdom and knowledge on the topic and what better way than to ask of those with experience?

I think it is important to understand that, as Jesus said, "This type come out only by fasting and prayer..."  Fasting is somewhat a new concept for me also.  I want to learn all that I can and understand how others approach these issues.  I know there are several ways to fast, and have been called to fast before.  I've discussed fasting with Christians who take it quite seriously and a few who fasted for as much as 40 days.  I am assuming the 40 days stems from the Scripture that describes when Jesus was in the wilderness fasting for 40 days.

Thank you so much to all of you for helping me understand.  Your posts have all been very beneficial.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

Prair