IGNORED

Fasting

Guest P_W

I would really like to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts on fasting.  In another thread the topic of fasting has come up and it prompted me to start this thread to understand what you might believe concerning this.  I have special interest in understanding the specifics of fasting when being involved in deliverance ministries.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

Prair

In Mark's gospel, it is recorded that the disciples were unable to cast a devil out of a man.  When they asked Jesus why, he gave them this answer in Mark 9:29.

This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

There is no question that in some instances, the person trying to cast out a devil must have been fasting and praying before hand to be successful.  As far as fasting itself goes, there are different kinds of fasts.  Sometimes it means no food and water, but you need to be very cautious there because you can't go long without water without doing serious harm.  Sometimes it means no food, but just liquid or in some cases, just water.  In the case of Daniel's fast, he stayed away from pleasant foods, so he did eat, but just something to keep up his strength.  He stayed away from foods he liked.