Diatheosis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Years ago I was on a pilgrimage in the Holy Land. We had the privilege of staying in a monastery in Nazareth for one week. It turned out, there had been discovered ancient ruins deep underneath the place. In fact, there were speculation Jesus' childhood home was indeed located, among other findings.

There was an old thick table plate left, supposed table of a family would use for dining. Holding my hands upon that plate, it stroke me: it was way too real by this point. The whole thing about the boy who grew up to be a flawless man, the lamb of God, either was real or fiction. There was no middle ground. It got a bit overwhelming in fact, though I am no fan of relics in that sense.

But it was the moment when one gets humble in the face of the holiness.

Now I don't know for sure if it was The Table Plate etc. There are in Jerusalem at least one holy site for the major church dominations, about three graves for the Lord, yet I don't know if He was buried three times.

But being in that place, it really dawned to me, there can not be fence sitters. Work you way through beyond the doubt and the reason, for human intellect can not reach the Almighty.

Give it a thought. But be sure to rest in His presence because that' the only place you really need to be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Amen, brother! :)