IGNORED

Evolution Forum?

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

I think that's a good idea because I never thought Science and Faith had to be enemies.  Many great scientists are/were believers.

Personally I feel the further science gets the more it will reinforce the Bible.  They are already so confused by trying to leave God out of the equation that they don't even have answers.  If they put God back in the equation it would all make sense again.

Of course- there are agendas on the scientific front.  We should never accept anything from science that is contrary to the Bible.  Evolution will never wash.

Maybe it should be Evolution vs Creation instead of the Bible?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Is it really necessary? I don't think that evolution is such a big deal. There are far too many posts on it already. Atheists seem to think that it's their best shot at disproving the existence of God. God can make things in stages. He can experiment with new life forms whenever he wants. Evolution is just a stupid red herring so what's the point of discussing this on more than one thread?

We might as well have a thread called "mobile phones versus creation." or a thread entitled "I have a car, does that mean God doesn't exist?"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

... "Evolution vs. the Bible" is a more accurate title anyway since that is really where the heart of the issue is located.

What about "theistic evolution," or is that finally passé and/or replaced by intelligent design?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  7

I agree with WillfromTexas that faith and science aren't really opposed to each other.

At the very least the subforum "Faith vs Science" should be renamed because it plays right into the atheist misrepresentation that these are in tension when in fact they're not.

I also think that Shiloh's idea is a good one. It would be better separating evolution issues, which I personally think has a bunch of pointless monologues (Pahu) from other science issues such as cosmology, teleology, information theory, the historical tradition of science in the Christian West etc. etc.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I wouldn't mind such a change myself.

In addition, it would be really cool to have just a science subforum somewhere, under interests or news or something. Somewhere that science issues could be discussed that don't have to do with evolution vs the bible or cosmology vs the bible. I think there's enough people around here interested in science to warrant that and it would help from giving the impression that Christianity and science are implicitly at odds.

In addition, it would be really cool to have just a science sub-forum somewhere, under interests or news or something. Somewhere that science issues could be discussed that don't have to do with evolution vs the bible or cosmology vs the bible. I think there's enough people around here interested in science to warrant that and it would help from giving the impression that Christianity and science are implicitly at odds.

:thumbsup:

However, If It Contradicts The Bible, It Is Not Knowledge (Science)

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

And A Challenge Should Be Issued, Returning Us Right Back To Where We Fled From :)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made  him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Or It Must Be Booted From The Sub-Forum In An Attempt To Keep The Science

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:9-10

Science And Not Philosophy Or Conjecture

And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

As I See It

Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these. And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man. John 1:49-51

~

Science Now How Cool Is That

Planck's law describes the electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a definite temperature. The law is named after Max Planck, who originally proposed it in 1900. It is a pioneer result of modern physics and quantum theory.

For frequency ν, or for wavelength λ, Planckian radiation can be described thus:

2812991818a5f62e981118a582e433bd.png

or

acfeddb41df4cf47caed8f0f0bc4d6b9.png

where B denotes its spectral radiance, T its absolute temperature, kB the Boltzmann constant, h the Planck constant, and c the speed of light in the medium, whether material or vacuum.[1][2][3] The SI units are W·sr−1·m−2·Hz−1 for Bν(T) and W·sr−1·m−3 for Bλ(T). The law may also be expressed in other terms, such as of the number of photons emitted at a certain wavelength, or of the energy density in a volume of radiation. In the limit of low frequencies (i.e. long wavelengths), Planck's law tends to the Rayleigh–Jeans law, while in the limit of high frequencies (i.e. small wavelengths) it tends to the Wien approximation.

Max Planck developed the law in 1900, originally with only empirically determined constants, and later showed that, expressed as an energy distribution, it is the unique stable distribution for radiation in thermodynamic equilibrium.[4] As an energy distribution, it is one of a family of thermal equilibrium distributions which include the Bose–Einstein distribution, the Fermi–Dirac distribution and the Maxwell–Boltzmann distribution.

http://www.eoht.info/page/Max+Planck

In addition, it would be really cool to have just a science sub-forum somewhere, under interests or news or something. Somewhere that science issues could be discussed that don't have to do with evolution vs the bible or cosmology vs the bible. I think there's enough people around here interested in science to warrant that and it would help from giving the impression that Christianity and science are implicitly at odds.

:thumbsup:

However, If It Contradicts The Bible, It Is Not Knowledge (Science)

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

And A Challenge Should Be Issued, Returning Us Right Back To Where We Fled From :)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made  him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

Or It Must Be Booted From The Sub-Forum In An Attempt To Keep The Science

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. John 1:9-10

Science And Not Philosophy Or Conjecture

And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

As I See It

Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these. And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man. John 1:49-51

~

Science

Planck's law describes the electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a definite temperature. The law is named after Max Planck, who originally proposed it in 1900. It is a pioneer result of modern physics and quantum theory.

For frequency ν, or for wavelength λ, Planckian radiation can be described thus:

2812991818a5f62e981118a582e433bd.png

or

acfeddb41df4cf47caed8f0f0bc4d6b9.png

where B denotes its spectral radiance, T its absolute temperature, kB the Boltzmann constant, h the Planck constant, and c the speed of light in the medium, whether material or vacuum.[1][2][3] The SI units are W·sr−1·m−2·Hz−1 for Bν(T) and W·sr−1·m−3 for Bλ(T). The law may also be expressed in other terms, such as of the number of photons emitted at a certain wavelength, or of the energy density in a volume of radiation. In the limit of low frequencies (i.e. long wavelengths), Planck's law tends to the Rayleigh–Jeans law, while in the limit of high frequencies (i.e. small wavelengths) it tends to the Wien approximation.

Max Planck developed the law in 1900, originally with only empirically determined constants, and later showed that, expressed as an energy distribution, it is the unique stable distribution for radiation in thermodynamic equilibrium.[4] As an energy distribution, it is one of a family of thermal equilibrium distributions which include the Bose–Einstein distribution, the Fermi–Dirac distribution and the Maxwell–Boltzmann distribution.

http://www.eoht.info/page/Max+Planck

Are you trying to butter me up talking about blackbody radiation and a key relation which helped lead to, my favorite of all time,quantum mechanics? If so, it may work. I mean statistical distributions.. lol.. okay... that could be epic.

Well, I think it speaks to my point though. It would be nice to discuss scientific stuff that isn't always about fighting about stuff that people dispute here.Even the most ardent of YEC I assume wouldn't take a thread about Planck's law and quanta as at intrinsic odds with the Bible.

Is it really necessary? I don't think that evolution is such a big deal. There are far too many posts on it already. Atheists seem to think that it's their best shot at disproving the existence of God. God can make things in stages. He can experiment with new life forms whenever he wants. Evolution is just a stupid red herring so what's the point of discussing this on more than one thread?

We might as well have a thread called "mobile phones versus creation." or a thread entitled "I have a car, does that mean God doesn't exist?"

lol

TOS = Man Is Just An Electro-Chemical-Mechanical Accidental Contraption

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Psalms 139:14

So The Universe (god)

Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. Romans 8:21-23

Does Not Care

For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12

Yea, Right

And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory. Isaiah 6:3

~

PS: Most Of Science I've Seen On Worthy Is Not Science

But Speculation And The Unscientific Projection Of Mankind's Hopes And Futures Onto Matter

And The Biggest Objection To The Free Examination Of This Warrant-Less Projection Is To Use God's Word To Measure It's Truthfulness

~

So, Is The Intention Of A "Science" Only Section Be To Create A Bible Free Zone

And To Allow Unchallenged Pagan (Godless) Teachings 

Lose Upon The Children Of God?

Or Are We To Be Treated

To Chalk Talk On The Mathematical Modeling Of Phenomena

Are you trying to butter me up talking about blackbody radiation and a key relation which helped lead to, my favorite of all time,quantum mechanics? If so, it may work. I mean statistical distributions.. lol.. okay... that could be epic.

Well, I think it speaks to my point though. It would be nice to discuss scientific stuff that isn't always about fighting about stuff that people dispute here. Even the most ardent of YEC I assume wouldn't take a thread about Planck's law and quanta as at intrinsic odds with the Bible.

lol

Even Dear Max Did Not Disrespect His Creator Or Logical Conclusions 

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind.” “As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind.” http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/131973-as-a-man-who-has-devoted-his-whole-life-to

And Even The Most Insipid Of Believers In The TOS Can Not Help But See Max's Conclusion As Intrinsically At Odds With Their Own Godless Mythologies

Well, I think it speaks to my point though. It would be nice to discuss scientific stuff that isn't always about fighting about stuff that people dispute here. Even the most ardent of YEC I assume wouldn't take a thread about Planck's law and quanta as at intrinsic odds with the Bible.

lol

Even Dear Max Did Not Disrespect His Creator Or Logical Conclusions 

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 19:1

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind.” “As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind.” http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/131973-as-a-man-who-has-devoted-his-whole-life-to

Even The Most Insipid Of Believers In The TOS Will No Doubt See Max's Conclusion As Intrinsically At Odds With Their Mythologies

Yes, I think there is plenty of reason to see scientific inquiry as not intrinsically anti Bible or anti God. I think it's really possible to discuss science in a way that doesn't always end up being about 'origins' in some way.

As far as 'science only' section, I'd see it more akin to the news or hobby type stuff people like to discuss. For myself, I'd really like to connect with other believers with my interests, which I think some others mutually share. I think there's enough people who might be interested for it to not be completely stupid. Maybe it could be 'math and science' interests? or news? It would be extra nice because the truth is there just aren't that many believers in scientific fields, so being there doing what I do among who as far as I can tell are all unbelievers, then come here and have it be all confrontational the other way is lame. As far as chalk talk, why not? it floats some boats, same as talking politics or recipes or music.