IGNORED

Evolution Forum?

Guest shiloh357

Yes, I think there is plenty of reason to see scientific inquiry as not intrinsically anti Bible or anti God. I think it's really possible to discuss science in a way that doesn't always end up being about 'origins' in some way.

As far as 'science only' section, I'd see it more akin to the news or hobby type stuff people like to discuss. For myself, I'd really like to connect with other believers with my interests, which I think some others mutually share. I think there's enough people who might be interested for it to not be completely stupid. Maybe it could be 'math and science' interests? or news? It would be extra nice because the truth is there just aren't that many believers in scientific fields, so being there doing what I do among who as far as I can tell are all unbelievers, then come here and have it be all confrontational the other way is lame. As far as chalk talk, why not? it floats some boats, same as talking politics or recipes or music.

~

Well There I Agree, Science Is Too Precious To Drop Into The Witch's Caldron

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

Just To Get Folded And Blended Into The Hate

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. John 15:20

Some Have For The Christ

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Although I Suspect It Could Take Twenty Four Hour Moderation

To Mop Up The Wolf Spit But Then Again I've Been Wrong

And I Do Know The Holy Ghost Is Far Far Greater

Than Those Spirits Who Oppose Jesus

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

And As If Today's Moderation Team Isn't Overloaded Enough

Perhaps All The "Science" Posts Could Be Previewed

Before Posting In The "Clean Clear Pure Science

And Math To The Creator's Glory" Forum

Kinda Like The Seekers Forum Is?

~

PS: Who Said Entropy And Thermodynamics Just Don't Apply Off Earth

Why Just About Every Pagan Physicist I've Question

And Who Says Otherwise

Why Every Godly Physicist I've Questioned

Including My First Post-Navy Much Beloved College Professor Of Physics 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Yes, I think there is plenty of reason to see scientific inquiry as not intrinsically anti Bible or anti God. I think it's really possible to discuss science in a way that doesn't always end up being about 'origins' in some way.

As far as 'science only' section, I'd see it more akin to the news or hobby type stuff people like to discuss. For myself, I'd really like to connect with other believers with my interests, which I think some others mutually share. I think there's enough people who might be interested for it to not be completely stupid. Maybe it could be 'math and science' interests? or news? It would be extra nice because the truth is there just aren't that many believers in scientific fields, so being there doing what I do among who as far as I can tell are all unbelievers, then come here and have it be all confrontational the other way is lame. As far as chalk talk, why not? it floats some boats, same as talking politics or recipes or music.

~

Well There I Agree, Science Is Too Precious To Drop Into The Witch's Caldron

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

Just To Get Folded And Blended Into The Hate

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. John 15:20

Some Have For The Christ

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Although I Suspect It Could Take Twenty Four Hour Moderation

To Mop Up The Wolf Spit But Then Again I've Been Wrong

And I Do Know The Holy Ghost Is Far Far Greater

Than Those Spirits Whom Appose Jesus

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

And As If Today's Moderation Team Isn't Overloaded Enough

Perhaps All The "Science" Posts Could Be Previewed

Before Posting In The "Clean Clear Pure Science

And Math To The Creator's Glory" Forum

Kinda Like The Seekers Forum Is?

~

PS: Who Said Entropy And Thermodynamics Just Don't Apply Off Earth

Why Just About Every Pagan Physicist I've Question

And Who Says Otherwise

Why Every Godly Physicist I've Questioned

Including My First Post Navy Much Beloved Collage Professor

Yeah well, I have the luxury of suggesting many things as I don't have to moderate anything.Maybe if it's horrific it could be shut down again. I'd suspect it might be kind of slow for a while honestly.

I'm  not sure who claims that thermodynamics doesn't apply across the board. They are just statistical rules that apply to any ensemble with certain properties. I know you have something in mind there but I'm not sure.

Yeah well, I have the luxury of suggesting many things as I don't have to moderate anything. Maybe if it's horrific it could be shut down again. I'd suspect it might be kind of slow for a while honestly.

:thumbsup:

Beloved I'm Using You As A Sounding Board

For I Think "Science With Praise"

Just May Become A First

And A Well Of Love

For The Weary

Seeking

Joy

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Colossians 3:23

~

I'm  not sure who claims that thermodynamics doesn't apply across the board. They are just statistical rules that apply to any ensemble with certain properties. I know you have something in mind there but I'm not sure.

~

It's Just An Old Beef With A Few Young PhD University Bullies

Who I Pray The Holy Spirit Finally Showes Them

The Living Power Of The Universe

Jesus Of Nazareth

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

~

So Yes

Beloved I Agree

This Science With Glory Idea Is Great

It Beats The Devil Out Of The Old "Scientific" Anti-Christ

For We Know All That Old False "Knowledge" Will Soon Go Up In A Roar

For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. Malachi 4:1-2

And The LORD Will Get The Glory Glory

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

~

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40

Love, Your Brother Joe

Yeah well, I have the luxury of suggesting many things as I don't have to moderate anything. Maybe if it's horrific it could be shut down again. I'd suspect it might be kind of slow for a while honestly.

:thumbsup:

Beloved I'm Using You As A Sounding Board

For I Think "Science With Praise"

Just May Become A First

And A Well Of Love

For The Weary

Seeking

Joy

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Colossians 3:23

~

~

It's Just An Old Beef With A Few Young PhD University Bullies

Who I Pray The Holy Spirit Finally Showes Them

The Living Power Of The Universe

Jesus Of Nazareth

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

~

So Yes

Beloved I Agree

This Science With Glory Idea Is Great

It Beats The Devil Out Of The Old "Scientific" Anti-Christ

For We Know All That Old False "Knowledge" Will Soon Go Up In A Roar

For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. Malachi 4:1-2

And The LORD Will Get The Glory Glory

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

~

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40

Love, Your Brother Joe

This sort of thing,

Col 1:16-7 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

....takes on new meaning for me when viewed through the lens of something like Hubble Deep Space images, or even look at the amazing coincidence of theoretical prediction and experimental findings. "origins" questions aside, the universe is pretty amazing. It's unfortunate to allow the investigation of the natural world to proceed through pro-atheistic viewpoints by fiat. I think on that we are in agreement. That people here would be concerned that atheistic messages might get through is something I understand, but a risk in my view worth taking at least once.

This sort of thing,

Colossians 1:16-7 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

....takes on new meaning for me when viewed through the lens of something like Hubble Deep Space images, or even look at the amazing coincidence of theoretical prediction and experimental findings.

"origins" questions aside, the universe is pretty amazing. 

~

Amen~!

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

~

It's unfortunate to allow the investigation of the natural world to proceed through pro-atheistic viewpoints by fiat.

I think on that we are in agreement.

That people here would be concerned that atheistic messages might get through is something I understand, but a risk in my view worth taking at least once.

~

It Could Be Placed In The Inter-Court, Perhaps As A Sub-Forum Of Hobbies

Or In The Outer Court With Built In Safeguards Like Per-Post Checks

And Any Post That Dishonors The Jesus Of The Bible

The Creator Will Either Not Get Posted

Or Will Get Cut Up

A Bit :)

Eventually The Atheist Will Tire

And Let Bible Believers Had A Taste

Of His Or Her's "Educated" Bile And Rage

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

We humans are a speck living on a speck in the universe. We can only guess at God (what he didn't put in his word). God has nothing to fear from science. He created it. Many scientist believe in a creator.We do not have to have everything figured out. We only need to offer the world a loving God who created us to love Him back freely. He gave us this beautiful planet and made us for a purpose. Girls he didn't make you to be sex objects. Boys he didn't make you to sell drugs. Our world and our children really need this message. If they can accept a creator father they can believe in the virgin birth of Gods son and the Holy Spirit. We do not have to prove anything. God can't be proven or disproven. We need to be Christ love on earth helping the poor and downtrodden. Offering them the Father we all need. Leading them to the Son and Holy Spirit the world needs for salvation.

((( Sandy U )))  Bless God!  Now that's what I'm talking about!  We shall see His mighty hand working when we begin to worship Him with all of our hearts.  We need to dedicate ourselves to pray and be in service to Jesus, giving honor to God first and above all things.

Always in His care,

PrairWarur - saying .... don't sweat the small stuff.  Millions and millions are dying without Christ while we debate. 

((( Sandy U )))  Bless God!  Now that's what I'm talking about!  We shall see His mighty hand working when we begin to worship Him with all of our hearts.  We need to dedicate ourselves to pray and be in service to Jesus, giving honor to God first and above all things.

Always in His care,

PrairWarur - saying .... don't sweat the small stuff.  Millions and millions are dying without Christ while we debate. 

Sure. I think what some people miss though is that these are arenas by which the gospel is fought. If you go into a place, among people, for whom belief in God is considered idiotic, let alone belief in Jesus as the resurrected Lord, it seems to me there is also a serious spiritual battle happening.

Of coarse you are right, Alpha, and I never meant to imply that discussions such as this are not important.  It is the debate among believers that gets somewhat tedious at times.

You have made a fantastic point and caused me to rethink.  Your response also brought to mind an e-mail I received a few years ago that I am going to share in the proper forum category, not sure which one that is, but look for it.  The title is "The enemies battle plan."

More power to you!  I will keep you in my prayers as you go out among those who do not believe representing our Lord.  You are in an awesome position and I believe God has great plans for you!

You are in my prayers,

PrairWarur

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I believe God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit created all things and all beings, including man as man, not man evolved from apes.  For those believing in Charles Darwin's "Theory" (not "fact") of Evolution, they can only trace all life back to the one-celled amoeba in the seas.  Who created the amoeba and the seas?  I do not believe all the "tracing" back details but if such has any truth, then the One Who created the seas and the one-celled amoeba was God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.