If there was I wish I could marry one. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  589
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

From my understanding, angels have no specific gender, unless it was the Angel of The Lord, which I was taught is the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ.  We do use the male pronoun when speaking of the Holy Spirit, God and some angels.  And yes, Michael and Gabriel are male names, but I am still fairly sure God, the Holy Spirit and all of the angels have no specific gender, and/or probably both male and female attributes.

Many were spoken of in male ways, as when Jacob wrestled with the angel, but again, if the Angel of The Lord is Jesus Christ, then that may be why.  

Will be interesting to see what others have to say.  I know Jesus spoke in feminine terms, sometimes.  One example is when He was lamenting over Jerusalem and said He longed to gather them "under His wings as a mother hen gathers her chicks...."

I agree with you, Omegaman.  There will be no marriage in heaven and I understand this as you have described.

Maybe the person who thought there was an angel Gloria just misread where the angels sang Gloria?  Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on earth.  Amen!

I remain your genderless brother/sister in Jesus Christ,

PrairWarur - ain't telling.  LOL  *wink*

At the risk of turning this into an entirely different thread (but then it seems we have run the original question into the ground) what do you mean by gender.  The typical distinction is between gender and sex, the latter being purely anatomical (sexual parts) yielding the relationship male and female; the former (supposedly) being a cultural convention, yielding the relationship Masculine/Feminine.

If you asserting that neither angels nor the Trinity posses "sex" i.e. sexual parts my reply would vary: 1) Jesus Christ was a man is fully God according to orthodox teaching. 2) Yes, apart from the Incarnation, God is sexless--having made matter and not being made of it He cannot possess reproductive organs.  3) Perhaps angels are sexless, although the traditional reading of the Gen 6 attributes the origins of the Nephilim to illicit sexual relations between fallen angels and women.

If you are asserting that God is "gender-less" than I would ask you why you thought it was primarily masculine language that was used of Him and not neuter (as we sometimes slip and refer to the HOly Spirit as an "It"?  There are, as pointed out, some feminine metaphors, like where Jesus laments of Jerusalem, wishing he could protect the city as a hen does her chicks.

But predominantly God is masculine, and we are feminine: In the Old Testament Israel is God's wife; in the new, Christ is the Church's husband.

Just curious....and perhaps better for a new thread.

clb

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

I dont think angels were ever human. I am not sure how we will be like them, but we will be like them in some way. Don't remember female angels in the Bible. The Bible only gives the names of a few. I think angels can take on other forms and can appear human. We could be in the company of angels. Maybe if we help someone. Am I wrong?

Relax omega. I don't believe you started the thread asking the question about the possible existence of angels being female. so just because you disagree with the possibilities that Genesis 6 may infer, I think it is worthy to be explored. The passage I alluded to should be considered because MANY bible experts believe exactly that- that angels had relations with humans, this are not gender less.

No, I did not start the thread, but I did approve your contribution to it so that others may read them, just so you know, lol. I am responding with my thoughts, as you are with yours. Had you stated some sort of heresy, I might not have been so inclined. I think, as you do that ideas are worth discussing.

However, discussing the the possibility of human/angelic relations, is outside the scope of the question of the OP, and may be disturbing to some. That topic has been discussed plenty on the forums in threads specific to that topic. My hope was, that alluding to that specific Genesis passage, we might avoid diverting changing the topic, looks like that might be up to you.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

True, but the stork is unclean, therefore this verse is not speaking of angels (messengers, Elohim, Sons of God) 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Angels are consistently referred to as male and the reason we will not be given in marriage is  if you live forever there is no need for others to be born

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I don't think that female angels are Biblical. I was always taught that they were male. I don't think my church had ever taught them ans genderless though.