• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

2e4dod2.jpg

As I mentioned before consider the following texts of scripture, Matt 16:21, 17:23, 20:19, 27:64, mar 9:31, 10:34, luke 9:22, 13:32, 18:33, 24:7, 24:21, 24:46, john 2:1, Act 10:40, 1 Cor 15:4 - the literal 72 hour theory is discounted by the majority of Bible references to the resurrections that state it happened on the third day, it is especially clear when we look at the ones towards the end of Luke's account that the resurrection must have been fairly early on the third day as well. I am sorry my friend, but this timeline does not measure up to these texts as has already been pointed out. 

​Also I am keen to continue our discussion of ἐπιφώσκω

​With all due respect my friend, it appears that in your arguemnt you have latched onto a secondary meaning of ἐπιφώσκω which it only mean in certain limited situations and you are clinging onto it because your tradition needs it to mean that in all situations or else your view is discounted, however as the other synoptics celarly identify the timing as 'early morning' and as all these other texts point out, the resurrection occurred on the third day, not 72 after the Lord's death (that would be the fourth day!) 

Edited by Reformed Baptist

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

Genesis 1:1-5

King James Version (KJV)

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Three Days and Three Nights

Wednesday evening to Thursday evening (Wednesday night and Thursday) would have been one night and one day; Thursday evening to Friday evening (Thursday night and Friday) would have been another night and day; and Friday evening to Saturday evening (Friday night and Saturday) would have been another night and day, making a total of three days and three nights. Thus, his only sign to the scribes and Pharisees was fulfilled.

Wednesday was the Passover and preparation for that high-day Sabbath. Thursday was the high-day Sabbath; Friday was the preparation for the weekly Sabbath and the day the women prepared their ointments (Luke 23:56), for they had no time to do this on Wednesday before sunset. Thus, we find Christ's word true, and tradition, untrue

A day starts in the evening and not midnight 
Edited by Izzel

John 7:14-16

King James Version (KJV)

14 Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.

15 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?

16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

Christ's Only Sign

When asked by certain Scribes and Pharisees for a sign as proof of his being the Christ, He said, "there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas (Jonah): For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth (or tomb) -     

Matthew 12:39-40". Other scriptural references are made up of this same sign. The Scribes and Pharisees, themselves, remembered it after his resurrection, and they understood it to refer to the tomb. (Matthew 27:62-64) Paul speaks of the tomb as the lower parts of the earth.(Ephesians 4:9)

:clap:

How can anyone get three days and three nights from Friday just before sunset to Sunday at sunrise? Two nights and one day is the best that can be done with that tradition.

Some reason that a part of a day was counted as a whole. No, my friends, God does not do such piecework. The period was definitely three days and three nights. But suppose parts of days were taken for the whole days. Then we would have Friday, Friday night, Saturday, Saturday night and Sunday. Count and see that we thus have three days and two nights. And actually no part of Sunday should be counted as a day because John 20:1-9 shows that the women came to the tomb on Sunday morning "when it was yet dark", and Jesus was already risen. Thus with parts of the days counted as whole days

Edited by Izzel

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

You ask the question, What day was Jesus Resurrected ?

Answer: On Saturday.

A problem with time.

Mat 12:40 For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

I believe that Jesus was crucified on Thursday, for the reasons given below.

Our Lord Jesus said that he would be in the grave for 3 days & 3 nights ie 72 hours, however, the Gospel accounts indicate a period of only 37 hours at most.

For 3 days and 3 nights, please read Matt Ch 12 v 40. The 37 hours or thereabouts is arrived at as follows. Read the four Resurrection accounts and you will find that our Lord rose from the dead at around dawn on the first day of the week i.e. 12 hours from the end of the Sabbath, then there are 24 hours during the Sabbath, and may be up to an hour on Friday. In that part of the world, and at that time of the year sunset, and sunrise were close to 6 pm and 6 am. Jesus was on the cross from 9 am to 3 pm. Now read John Ch 19 v 31. There was about 3 hours to take down his body, prepare it for burial, transport same to the tomb, replace the stone, and seal it. I hope this helps you to understand my reasoning.

Allow me to suggest a possible solution.. First of all look at Exodus Ch 12 vs 1-20. and also Leviticus Ch 23 vs 4-8. Now what are the salient points. The Lamb is to be selected on the 10 th day, but not killed until the 14 th day, why 4 days?, answer later on. The Passover continues on into the Feast of unleavened bread which is a feast of 7 days duration, with a Sabbath at each end. Now what does this teach me about the week in which our Lord allowed himself to be killed. That there are 2 Sabbaths in this week, the Sabbaths are at the start, and finish ie the first, and last, the alpha, and omega. Speaking of the Lord God himself. What is leaven but a picture of sin, therefore no leaven indicates no sin, what is the duration of this feast, 7 days, what does 7 indicate, Divine perfection ie no sin.. So the lamb points forward to the time when the Lord God himself, who is sinless will lay down his life during a week which has 2 Sabbaths in it.

Now let us see if the Gospel accounts indicate a 2nd Sabbath that week. Look first at John Ch 19 v 31. "For that Sabbath was a special Sabbath" why special?, could this suggest an additional Sabbath that week, well now look at Matt Ch 28 v 1. Here is a problem as most English translations read Sabbath, but have a look at the Greek text, and you will find that it is a plural noun ie Sabbaths, as is made clear with,

Young's Literal Translation (YNG)

Mat 28:1 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,  |

Now if we assume that Friday was the other Sabbath, and move the crucifixion back to Thursday, then we have 3 nights, but only some 61 hours, and still not 72 hours, however if you use Divine time measurement, and not human time measurement, ie "There was evening,and there was morning one day" and I can find 3 evenings, and 3 mornings then I will have 3 days. There is Thursday evening, Friday evening, and Saturday evening, Friday morning, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning 3 days.

Now what about that 4 days I mentioned earlier, if our Lord was killed on Thursday, then what day is 4 days earlier?, Palm Sunday of course. The Triumphal Entry and what else was also happening on that same day, every family in the land was choosing the lamb to be killed, and now that Jesus had presented himself to the Leaders of the Nation they had four days in which to examine him to see if there was any blemish, or spot, and when they could find none, kill him.

May the Lord bless you all ,and keep you safe.

Edwin.

Edwin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Izzel, please consider what people are telling you. Your questions have been answered, but you continue to ask the same questions.

That is why I ask to be clear and sure 

There so much confusion within Christian community on this Issue 

Some say Wednesday , Thursday and Friday 

But which day is it really 

What do you think ?

Honestly, I think you had an answer all along and through your questioning, you were leading up to what you believe.  This is teaching.  Please understand this is a discussion forum, not a teaching forum. 

The questions are not necessary when you already have an answer in mind.  Present your thoughts first and open it up for a discussion.  That is the difference between teaching and discussing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

The only clue we have is about Jonah.  As Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the fish.  It does not say that Jonah was three nights and three days in the belly of the fish.  So shall the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

So the timing starts with a day first and the night second, not the other way around.  That is why it is better to start with the burial late Thurs (daytime) sometime before 6pm.  Then there is Thurs night, Friday day, the Passover,  then night, followed by Saturday the Sabbath, then  Sat night.  Christ was Resurrected prior to daylight on Sunday, or near the end of the third night.

In Christ

Montana Marv

You ask the question, What day was Jesus Resurrected ?

Answer: On Saturday.

A problem with time.

Mat 12:40 For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

I believe that Jesus was crucified on Thursday, for the reasons given below.

Our Lord Jesus said that he would be in the grave for 3 days & 3 nights ie 72 hours, however, the Gospel accounts indicate a period of only 37 hours at most.

For 3 days and 3 nights, please read Matt Ch 12 v 40. The 37 hours or thereabouts is arrived at as follows. Read the four Resurrection accounts and you will find that our Lord rose from the dead at around dawn on the first day of the week i.e. 12 hours from the end of the Sabbath, then there are 24 hours during the Sabbath, and may be up to an hour on Friday. In that part of the world, and at that time of the year sunset, and sunrise were close to 6 pm and 6 am. Jesus was on the cross from 9 am to 3 pm. Now read John Ch 19 v 31. There was about 3 hours to take down his body, prepare it for burial, transport same to the tomb, replace the stone, and seal it. I hope this helps you to understand my reasoning.

Allow me to suggest a possible solution.. First of all look at Exodus Ch 12 vs 1-20. and also Leviticus Ch 23 vs 4-8. Now what are the salient points. The Lamb is to be selected on the 10 th day, but not killed until the 14 th day, why 4 days?, answer later on. The Passover continues on into the Feast of unleavened bread which is a feast of 7 days duration, with a Sabbath at each end. Now what does this teach me about the week in which our Lord allowed himself to be killed. That there are 2 Sabbaths in this week, the Sabbaths are at the start, and finish ie the first, and last, the alpha, and omega. Speaking of the Lord God himself. What is leaven but a picture of sin, therefore no leaven indicates no sin, what is the duration of this feast, 7 days, what does 7 indicate, Divine perfection ie no sin.. So the lamb points forward to the time when the Lord God himself, who is sinless will lay down his life during a week which has 2 Sabbaths in it.

Now let us see if the Gospel accounts indicate a 2nd Sabbath that week. Look first at John Ch 19 v 31. "For that Sabbath was a special Sabbath" why special?, could this suggest an additional Sabbath that week, well now look at Matt Ch 28 v 1. Here is a problem as most English translations read Sabbath, but have a look at the Greek text, and you will find that it is a plural noun ie Sabbaths, as is made clear with,

Young's Literal Translation (YNG)

Mat 28:1 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,  |

Now if we assume that Friday was the other Sabbath, and move the crucifixion back to Thursday, then we have 3 nights, but only some 61 hours, and still not 72 hours, however if you use Divine time measurement, and not human time measurement, ie "There was evening,and there was morning one day" and I can find 3 evenings, and 3 mornings then I will have 3 days. There is Thursday evening, Friday evening, and Saturday evening, Friday morning, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning 3 days.

Now what about that 4 days I mentioned earlier, if our Lord was killed on Thursday, then what day is 4 days earlier?, Palm Sunday of course. The Triumphal Entry and what else was also happening on that same day, every family in the land was choosing the lamb to be killed, and now that Jesus had presented himself to the Leaders of the Nation they had four days in which to examine him to see if there was any blemish, or spot, and when they could find none, kill him.

May the Lord bless you all ,and keep you safe.

Edwin.

Edwin.

John 19:31

King James Version (KJV)

31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

Jesus was crucified on the preparation of the Sabbath, and that he was buried just before sunset, for the Sabbath began at even. "... the Sabbath drew on (near)" (Luke 23:52-55) What sabbath was this?  there are other Sabbaths besides the weekly Sabbath.

John explain, "... it was preparation of the Passover". (John 19:14) So the day of Christ's crucifixion was also on the day they prepared the Passover lamb, which was a type of Christ. (I Corinthians 5:7) "... it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the Sabbath day, (for that Sabbath day was an high-day)" (John 19:31)

John clearly identifies this Sabbath as an high-day, which shows it was not the weekly Sabbath. Another fact is: he stated it was the day following the killing of the Passover lamb. We must turn to the Old Testament record to find out about the date for the Passover. In Exodus 12:6-16 and Leviticus 23:4-7, we find that the 14th day of the first month was the Passover. This is Jewish time and came in the spring time (month of Nisan or Abib). The next day, or 15th day, was a yearly Sabbath - the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (see Leviticus 23: 4-7). 

Edited by Izzel

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Matt 27:57-62

57 When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:

58 He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered.

59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,

60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.

61 And there was Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary, sitting over against the sepulchre.

62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,

KJV

again I remind you that the Jewish day started at 6pm. Verse 57 "so when even come: was that before 6 the same day of after 6 which would be the next day??????

Matt 27:57-62

57 When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:

58 He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered.

59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,

60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.

61 And there was Mary Magdalene, and the other Mary, sitting over against the sepulchre.

62 Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate,

KJV

again I remind you that the Jewish day started at 6pm. Verse 57 "so when even come: was that before 6 the same day of after 6 which would be the next day??????

The bible day starts at sunset not 6 pm therefore Jesus was placed in the tomb before the annual Sabbath and not the weekly sabbath 

Edited by Izzel