IGNORED

I'm getting a lot of persecution from my family..

Guest DRS81

mainly from my Dad because I don't want a wife or have kids.

Has anybody experienced this?

My brother is also a big time atheist and hates me whenever I discuss God with him.

I feel like I'm being backed into a corner by society's standards and requirements. :(

Guest Butero

I have scripture for you dealing with this subject.  Matthew 10:34-39

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth:  I am not come to send peace, but a sword.  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.  And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.  He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me:  and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.  And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.  He that findeth his life shall lose it:  and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it. 

Then there is Acts 7:25-28

Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord:  yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.  I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress I say, that it is good for a man so to be.  Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed.  Art thou loosed from a wife?  seek not a wife.  But and if thou marry, thou has not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned.   Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh:  but I spare you. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

mainly from my Dad because I don't want a wife or have kids.

Has anybody experienced this?

My brother is also a big time atheist and hates me whenever I discuss God with him.

I feel like I'm being backed into a corner by society's standards and requirements. :(

It is your choice whether you want a wife and children.You will probably get alot of negative views on that.You just have to be firm with your decision.If God does want you to have a wife he will put someone in your life that will take your breath away. :mgcheerful: You will not even know what hit you.Your brother worships satan.Every non- believer does.If you have told him about Jesus Christ then let God do the rest.Although do pray for him often.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I myself was in that same situation in the early 70's.  Not wanting to get married, just date.  Kids were not even a thought.  Bopeep 1909  is correct, if God puts someone in your life, it will take your breath away.  It happened to me.  Thank you Lord.  Of course if He does not, then be sure that others know that you accept it. 

Pray for your brother and continue to lead through example as you must already be doing now.

Society's requirements are truly tough in a secular world.  Sometimes they are less than understanding.  In the case of marriage, don't take great offense to people that exalt marriage.  They probably don't see your particular situation as comfortable to themselves.  

GBU.....1x1

If God does want you to have a wife he will put someone in your life that will take your breath away. :mgcheerful: You will not even know what hit you...

Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful. I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress I say, that it is good for a man so to be. Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife. But and if thou marry, thou has not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you.

I don't know what these things mean, I'm sorry guys.

Isn't there scripture that states that I would have to go out and look for a wife if I wanted a wife?

I'm 32 years old, what is he waiting for if he's gonna drop this awesome woman in my lap?

When it comes to the "mysteries" of God, my patience is sort of low..sorry. :(

If God does want you to have a wife he will put someone in your life that will take your breath away. :mgcheerful: You will not even know what hit you...

Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful. I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress I say, that it is good for a man so to be. Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife. But and if thou marry, thou has not sinned; and if a virgin marry, she hath not sinned. Nevertheless such shall have trouble in the flesh: but I spare you.

Isn't there scripture that states that I would have to go out and look for a wife if I wanted a wife?

I'm 32 years old, what is he waiting for if he's gonna drop this awesome woman in my lap?

The most important thing of all is to not seek a woman on your own.Sometimes a guy says he will never get married it is just not his thing and sometimes God will allow that.But sometimes you could meet someone unexpectedly.You never know.....

The most important thing of all is to not seek a woman on your own.

What do you mean here. What about Matt 7:7. Unexpectedly is the way to go? What about that ol' saying, "if you don't put yourself out there then you'll never know."

He is not saying that if you desire a wife, you shouldn't put yourself out there.  He is giving advise that it is preferable to be single because you will have more time to dedicate yourself to the Lord.  He goes on to say that if you do choose to marry, there is nothing wrong with it.  Paul was not married, and I gave you that scripture to show you from scripture there is nothing wrong or odd about you if you choose to remain single.  It is 100 percent your choice, and you shouldn't let others pressure you into marriage if you are not ready.  You might change your mind down the road, but that is up to you.

The most important thing of all is to not seek a woman on your own.

What do you mean here. What about Matt 7:7. Unexpectedly is the way to go? What about that ol' saying, "if you don't put yourself out there then you'll never know."

Yes just your everyday living.Heck,it could be at the grocery store.

Yes just your everyday living.Heck,it could be at the grocery store.

You really think God can work like that? If so for example, HOW in the world does he get that woman in the same building as that man at 3:30 in the afternoon on that specific day in that city knowing this woman and man have the same desires? How would you know that person came from God's will? Blessings.