IGNORED

Help me please! I am confused about the restitution I made.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1980

By the grace of God, I have given my life to Christ since year 2009 because God opened my eyes to see the hatred He has for sin and love He has for sinners. But in my own case I can say that I have not been enjoying perfect peace and joy that are in Christ Jesus and my problem is associated with restitution as seen and commanded in the word of God.

This is the whole matter summarily: I repented of my sin and prayed for forgiveness when I was in the university. After this, I remembered many of the sins I had committed in the past and started to do restitutions as the Spirit of God was speaking to my spirit. After this, I had peace in my mind and spirit and I continued in faith. However, there was a particular restitution which I did when I was still in the university. The restitution is this: I discovered shortcomings and sin in the results I used for admission into the university. That is to say, I passed the exams with one form of cheating or the other and violation of rules and order, the results of which I used for university admission.

So when I discovered this terrible thing, I was sorry and sorrowful because I cheated and had used the results for the completion of my polytechnic education and university admission. Upon realising this, I went to discuss it with some believers and I was advised. After this, I wrote and posted a letter of restitution to NECO - the council that organised the exam begging for forgiveness and pardon. I then continued in faith praying for God's mercy and favour. After I had sent the letter, I had peace and also was fearful of what might be the outcome.

Since year 2009 that I had sent the letter, I did not receive any response from NECO and I eventually graduated from university in 2011. Because of no response from NECO, I later sent another letter of restitution through email to the council (about two years after) together with the one sent in 2009. Most times, one spirit would tell me that the restitution I did was not adequate and appropriate, another spirit would say I am forgiven and that I can continue.

I have been believing the second spirit which says I am forgiven and that God has accepted my restitution and what I discovered was that God has been granting my heart's desires by giving to me what I asked from Him. But all the same, this first spirit ceases not from telling me that the restitution I did was not okay. That I must re-enroll for another exam and seek again admission into university. Sometimes I used to dream in my sleep that I was in the secondary school class and behold I am 33years plus now. I knew this type of dream has spiritual meaning. It means backwardness and not-moving forward.

Finally, could it be true that God has not accepted my restitution to NECO? Could it be that I must go back and start processing for another exam result and university admission? Is it that I am the one who is not having perfect knowledge of biblical restitution? People overthere who are reading this, sincerely I am confused and disturbed. I find myself in a problem of 'I don't know what to do'. Please, come to my rescue and advise me scripturally, prayerfully and sincerely. Please be simple and straightforward in your advice. This problem has been standing as a mountain before me over the years. Please I just want to hear the truth from you on this matter, don't pity, deceive or sweet-talk me. I thank you in anticipation for your valuable Godly advice

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

doesn't sound like you have forgiven yourself yet.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/16/1980

Desi2007 I really thank you very much for your contribution, may God bless you too.

Sincerely speaking, I have forgiven myself long ago contrary to what you said but I believe in restitution and it seems I don't know how I should apply it to my case.

I think you believe in Biblical restitution or I should list the Bible verses that discuss it?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think you have suffered enough worrying about this.  Pray to god and try to get closure on this then you can move on.  I guess we can spent too long worrying about past sins when the future is important and we have a chance to conduct ourselves well.

Wishing you happiness.

Mick.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

Desi2007 I really thank you very much for your contribution, may God bless you too.

Sincerely speaking, I have forgiven myself long ago contrary to what you said but I believe in restitution and it seems I don't know how I should apply it to my case.

I think you believe in Biblical restitution or I should list the Bible verses that discuss it?

My question would be: What do you understand "biblical restitution" to mean? 

What scriptures are you referring to as far as restitution?  :mgcheerful: