• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

Pls I need help on this particular aspect: I sing gospel songs in Church when its gets to the time for anyone who wants to sing a special song to God to sing. But people don't get healed and it's like I sing to make people know about me as a good singer. How can I sing to the glory of God and to make people who needs healing get healed? Do I have to think about God all the time I sing and to have faith in his healing? I have heard of gospel musicians sing and people get healed and why can't I do the same?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

How can I sing to the glory of God and to make people who needs healing get healed?

You can't.

All you can do is yield yourself to God. If people are healed it's because God did it, not you.

But, you can keep asking God to use you in this way.

The bottom line is that either the anointing to heal is there or it isn't. It's not our power, but His.

But you're better off learning from those who have this anointing. Heidi Baker is an example (though she doesn't sing). Spend more time in worship with Jesus, for the more you dwell in His presence, the more His presence will manifest through you. And that's when it gets exciting!

Thanks nebula

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Pls I need help on this particular aspect: I sing gospel songs in Church when its gets to the time for anyone who wants to sing a special song to God to sing. But people don't get healed and it's like I sing to make people know about me as a good singer. How can I sing to the glory of God and to make people who needs healing get healed? Do I have to think about God all the time I sing and to have faith in his healing? I have heard of gospel musicians sing and people get healed and why can't I do the same?

sing from behind the audience.

for this reasons some churchs put their choirs in lofts (where the audience can't see them).

sing from outside a widow (if safe to do so...) cultures can frown on this

in Kenya I was told it is rude not to announce your visit to a home while still a ways off.

there robbers were thought to just come up to your home and knock on the door....

anyway...

sing to one who is in a coma or cannot tell from where it comes...

and sing in front as well God knows your heart

Thanks John

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Sing in your secret closet with God :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Some people cannot handle the attention of being in front of the congregation but are tempted by pride as was satan the choir master.

For that reason in our church we must stay in our seats and contribute the gift God has given. Perhaps it helps to remember that the gift is from God and you are just the vessel or bond slave who delivers in obedience.

One of the best song leaders I have enjoyed would turn his back to the congregation as though he was one of us and, looking up, and his arms raised, just sing to bless the Lord. It encouraged us in the congregaion to join him in the same way. We would be caught up as though to sing before the Father. This is genuine worship. But as a special gift, I have to agree that singing from behind or while seated might make you more inconspicuous.

I also agree that healing is God's business. God uses our pastor to heal but it is usually done in private so people don't readily know about it and even complain that these gifts don't go on in our church. Once when he preached in India, afterwards, not knowing the needs or speaking the language, he just prayed "God meet their needs". Thousands were saved, healed, marriages restored, people delivered from drugs and alcohol. He was later told this by the local pastors who had bussed the people to the open air meating. No one was more astounded than our Pastor. But a heart that desperately wishes that God meet the needs of the people, whatever they may be, probably had a tiny bit to do with it, as was his desire to simply obey God whether He uses us or not.

Sometimes here in the USA people just want to see something spectacular or be entertained. God rarely performs. Jesus said that the children played the pipes but he did not dance. He did not come to entertain or even to fulfill their expectations. Nor should your desire be to entertain. It should be to simply obey God and to minister a blessing to the people in some way. Sometimes a word of encouragement through your music is what was needed more even than a healing. It is not important who conveys the message, only that God sent it and someone obeyed to deliver it. Sometimes it is better that we do not know how God uses a contribution so we don't get the idea that WE are something special. It would be sin if the people become thankful to us rather than to God.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/28/1952

I think it's wonderful you want to use your singing to help heal people, but I agree 100% with Nebula.  I also want to say, that I recently read the part in the bible where Jesus healed the paralytic, the one where his friends lowered him down through the hole they had in the roof?  I'll show the verses at the end.  Anyway, what I believe the Holy Spirit taught me there was that a person's first need is salvation.  I do understand some needing to be healed may already be saved.  But also, when I read your post, I thought about how sometimes we think we are supposed to do this or that for God, instead of asking Him what He wants us to do, I mean, that is what I do, I need to speak for myself here:)

You just keep showing up, and keep singing, and keep praying that God show you how He wants to work through you each day.  It is His power as Nebula said, not ours.  Of ourselves we can do nothing.

Here's the verses about the paralytic, I love this story:

I love Luke's account, although, I love the others as well:) and of course, they were all written by the Holy Spirit.  I love God's Word:)

NKJV

Luke 5:17-26 - Now it happened on a certain day, as He was teaching, that there were Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting by, who had come out of every town of Galilee, Judea, and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was present to heal them. [18]  Then behold, men brought on a bed a man who was paralyzed, whom they sought to bring in and lay before Him.[19]  And when they could not find how they might bring him in, because of the crowd, they went up on the housetop and let him down with his bed through the tiling into the midst before Jesus. [20]  When He saw their faith, He said to him, "Man, your sins are forgiven you." [21]  And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, "Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?" [22]  But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, He answered and said to them, "Why are you reasoning in your hearts?[23]  Which is easier, to say, "Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, "Rise up and walk'?[24]  But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins"--He said to the man who was paralyzed, "I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house." [25]  Immediately he rose up before them, took up what he had been lying on, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.[26]  And they were all amazed, and they glorified God and were filled with fear, saying, "We have seen strange things today!"

When they say 'having a personal relationship with Jesus', that's what it means..personal. (Matt 6:6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.) Meaning you don't have to jump up and down and act like a circus clown to get God's attention. I never really understood throwing your hands up or closing your eyes when singing or worshiping when you can simply find God in the silence. - DRS81