• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,705
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I enjoy being out at night as well. Hearing the coyotes and wolves howl, that adds even more beauty to it. The forest at night, is completly different then day-and I do often camp alone (and with people) I also enjoy campfires.

though I do understand it being a bit freaky to. I also find it a bit freaky, which is why Im never truly alone-I normally have my dog and my .45 with me lol. (its actually common sense, we have both bears and cougars where Im at)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I enjoy being out at night as well. Hearing the coyotes and wolves howl, that adds even more beauty to it. The forest at night, is completly different then day-and I do often camp alone (and with people) I also enjoy campfires.

though I do understand it being a bit freaky to. I also find it a bit freaky, which is why Im never truly alone-I normally have my dog and my .45 with me lol. (its actually common sense, we have both bears and cougars where Im at)

Yes,sometimes the coyotes make a lot of noise yipping at night.They sometimes wake me up.Actually they usually sound like their are more than their are.We have a river that runs in the back of the property so the sound of that is relaxing.I like the sound of the crickets and the bull frogs.I have a resident owl and it hoots at night too.It flies by me sometimes when I am traveling through the woods at night.It is very pretty.Sadly enough though I am justing renting.I do not have enough money to buy a house.I pray to God that the owners do not want it back soon.If my son were not with me and I was alone I do not think I would want to be this remote for safety reasons.My son is pretty big he could hand anyone. :grin:

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,705
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

lol I do own my own home, but its not in the woods. I would love to be able to afford to live in the woods-I actually feel safer in the woods, then I do in town. I trust nature, far more then my fellow man.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

lol I do own my own home, but its not in the woods. I would love to be able to afford to live in the woods-I actually feel safer in the woods, then I do in town. I trust nature, far more then my fellow man.

I was a little nervous several years back when we moved here.I thought it might not be as safe because it was so remote but it has turned out to be very safe.And a couple of times someone has shown up at our door.OH BOY!!!! I tell them are you ever lost   :grin:

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone,

The quietness of the thick of the woods when on horseback,where I can hear the sound of birds singing,the wind blowing gently through the trees,the rustling of creatures in the bushes,the sound of the horses hooves pounding the earth,their breathing,the jingling of the bridle & the unique sound I can hear made by the leather saddle creaking..........I love it

With love,in Christ -Kwik

Guest AFlameOfFire

Blessings Everyone,

The quietness of the thick of the woods when on horseback,where I can hear the sound of birds singing,the wind blowing gently through the trees,the rustling of creatures in the bushes,the sound of the horses hooves pounding the earth,their breathing,the jingling of the bridle & the unique sound I can hear made by the leather saddle creaking..........I love it

^This^ I used to ride too many years ago, I so miss that. I especially miss the sound of this peacock across the street where the horses were which would wake me up every morning with that lovely screeching sound lol

Though I rode bareback for the most part I always loved the smell of the saddle, but your right theres sounds all woven together in that whole experience which were so awesome.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

The most annoying sound that ever got to me, was these 2 darn roosters at 4 in the morning in P.R. Some people don't know how to keep their roosters quiet I tell ya!

Blessings Flame...

Not to mention the sounds of the horses excitement when you come into the barn at sunrise to feed,the rusting & snorting & whinnying & moments later just hearing them at play when you turn them out....the thundering sound of a full gallop or the music of a happy canter.......I could listen to those sounds for hours on end................

And I love to hear the roosters crow,Hall....but then again it was probably because it was not what woke me up,I was up & busy at the barn before they even awoke-lol

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Probably was why Kwik lol. These roosters had me pulling my hair at times, I'd go outside and yell quiiiieet! Then they would stop and as soon as I'd lay down again there they go again. I finally got wise and bought ear plugs :45:

Blessings Hall.....

Shall we talk about the most annoying sounds we hear....if DRS does not mind?For me its the lawn maintenance people blowing leaves & mowing the lawn by the bedroom window early Saturday morning or by the living room just as you are dying to find out who-done-it at the end of a good mystery movie & just as the detective declares who the villian is at the very end ....vvvvv.vvvvvrrrrrrrmmmmm-lol

With love,in Christ-Kwik