• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Prophetic types / ante-types

The Bible is full of them.

John 5:39-40 (NASB95)
39 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Luke 24:27 (NASB95)
27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

That must have been one big / eye opening Bible study!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/28/1952

Prophetic types / ante-types

The Bible is full of them.

John 5:39-40 (NASB95)

39 “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;

40 and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Luke 24:27 (NASB95)

27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

That must have been one big / eye opening Bible study!

Ohhhhhhhhh Ditto!!  They sure didn't recognize Him for being so "knowledgeable"  did they;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

:grin:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, you guys are confusing me. I've heard of "types of Christ" for decades in sermons and such. (http://www.bible-topics.com/Types-of-Christ.html)

Why is there suddenly a problem with this word "type"?

I think for me, I need to pray before I answer or post here, just as I need to in real life.  I am to show love to others, and in doing so, I need to let God show me what they are saying.  I've seen many christians, including myself be hammered for using one, wrong word when I didn't mean what they thought at all.  I am not perfect and I am not some meticulous, studious person, I am average at best, I make lots of mistakes.  But I just would rather give someone the benefit of the doubt especially in online forums.  And if there is correction needed then I am to do that with love to, or if I question what they post, ask it in a loving manner.  God bless, Denise

Blessings Denise,

LOL,I know exactly what you mean & I call them the "Bible Police".,I believe they  do mean well but sometimes the pettiness/nit picking is just silly ...I do hope no one here thinks I am insinuating it is them I am referring to because it is not ,I think y'all know me well enough to know I never insinuate & always address any individuals personally.......like Pat for example,he said  "for himself"he does not like to say "type " of Christ & does understand the OP........we are a wonderful,loving family of believers & praise be to God the majority speaks to one another with love& understannding-IMO!!!!!!

Sister neb.....I don't think anybody really has a problem wi9th the word "type"....I really prefer to say Christ-Like or foreshadow but I knew exactly what paredwin meant & had no problem with his choice of the word.....you too,right?

Praise & Glory to God,I love when we talk & reason together...I so dislike debate.......I love it when you said everyone is driving you nuts(we are supposed to be able to tell each other that-LOL!!!!!

I love y'all-Kwik

Yes, it is difficult for us to write in a way in which grace comes across, especially when the only wordsyou have are the words of you're knee-jerk reaction, which may actually come across softer in person on account of body language and voice tone. I'm still working on that, even after all my years here.

As for this topic, it simply shocked me that a term I've grown up with was  suddenly being challenged.

Sigh. Well, yes, hopefully we can get past disagreements in terminology and focus on the heart of the thread - finding Christ Jesus exemplified throughout the Scriptures.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sister neb....

It is so very true that it is so much easier to communicate in person & without seeing the person,the body language,expression we cannot read any emotion and often there can be mis-understandings....................just to let you know,I really never have read anything that you post that did not come across as gracious...................God bless you

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you celebratejesus for your comments, you say,

"I love finding all the comparisons to Christ in the OT."

Well here is another one.

No cart for Koath.

Exd 25:10 "And they shall make an ark of acacia wood; two and a half cubits shall be its length, a cubit and a half its width, and a cubit and a half its height.

Exd 25:11 "And you shall overlay it with pure gold, inside and out you shall overlay it, and shall make on it a molding of gold all around.

Exd 25:12 "You shall cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in its four corners; two rings shall be on one side, and two rings on the other side.

Exd 25:13 "And you shall make poles of acacia wood, and overlay them with gold.

Exd 25:14 "You shall put the poles into the rings on the sides of the ark, that the ark may be carried by them.

Exd 25:15 "The poles shall be in the rings of the ark; they shall not be taken from it.

Exd 25:16 "And you shall put into the ark the Testimony which I will give you.

Exd 25:17 "You shall make a mercy seat of pure gold; two and a half cubits shall be its length and a cubit and a half its width.

Exd 25:18 "And you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work you shall make them at the two ends of the mercy seat.

Exd 25:19 "Make one cherub at one end, and the other cherub at the other end; you shall make the cherubim at the two ends of it of one piece with the mercy seat.

Exd 25:20 "And the cherubim shall stretch out their wings above, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and they shall face one another; the faces of the cherubim shall be toward the mercy seat.

Exd 25:21 "You shall put the mercy seat on top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the Testimony that I will give you.

Exd 25:22 "And there I will meet with you, and I will speak with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the Testimony, about everything which I will give you in commandment to the children of Israel.

Note: Verse 15, ""The poles shall be in the rings of the ark; they shall not be taken from it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lev 16:14 And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle [it] with his finger upon the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times.

Lev 16:15 Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that [is] for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Num 7:1 NOW it came to pass, when Moses had finished setting up the tabernacle, that he anointed it and consecrated it and all its furnishings, and the altar and all its utensils; so he anointed them and consecrated them.

Num 7:2 Then the leaders of Israel, the heads of their fathers' houses, who were the leaders of the tribes and over those who were numbered, made an offering.

Num 7:3 And they brought their offering before the LORD, six covered carts and twelve oxen, a cart for every two of the leaders, and for each one an ox; and they presented them before the tabernacle.

Num 7:4 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,

Num 7:5 "Accept these from them, that they may be used in doing the work of the tabernacle of meeting; and you shall give them to the Levites, to every man according to his service."

Num 7:6 So Moses took the carts and the oxen, and gave them to the Levites.

Num 7:7 Two carts and four oxen he gave to the sons of Gershon, according to their service;

Num 7:8 and four carts and eight oxen he gave to the sons of Merari, according to their service, under the authority[fn1] of Ithamar the son of Aaron the priest.

Num 7:9 But to the sons of Kohath he gave none, because theirs was the service of the holy things, which they carried on their shoulders.

Num 4:15 "And when Aaron and his sons have finished covering the sanctuary and all the furnishings of the sanctuary, when the camp is set to go, then the sons of Kohath shall come to carry them; but they shall not touch any holy thing, lest they die.

Num 4:1 THEN the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying:

Num 4:2 "Take a census of the sons of Kohath from among the children of Levi, by their families, by their fathers' house,

Num 4:3 "from thirty years old and above, even to fifty years old, all who enter the service to do the work in the tabernacle of meeting.

Num 4:15 "And when Aaron and his sons have finished covering the sanctuary and all the furnishings of the sanctuary, when the camp is set to go, then the sons of Kohath shall come to carry them; but they shall not touch any holy thing, lest they die. These are the things in the tabernacle of meeting which the sons of Kohath are to carry.

Now why do you suppose that everything had to be done just as outlined in the above verses?

Well have a look at the NT, verses below

Luk 3:23 Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, the son of Heli,

Jhn 8:57 Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"

You will have noted that it was not the sons of either Gershon, or Merari, that were to carry the arc, but only the sons of Kohath, in other words, only "one of the three".

Can you think of anyone else in Scripture who was, "one of three", who was, "more than thirty", and, "less than fifty", and who carried two pieces of wood on His shoulders which must never be detached from the mercy seat sprinkled with blood, where you go to have your sins forgiven.

Bless you.

Edwin.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/28/1952

Thank you celebratejesus for your comments, you say,

"I love finding all the comparisons to Christ in the OT."

Well here is another one.

No cart for Koath.

Exd 25:10 "And they shall make an ark of acacia wood; two and a half cubits shall be its length, a cubit and a half its width, and a cubit and a half its height.

Exd 25:11 "And you shall overlay it with pure gold, inside and out you shall overlay it, and shall make on it a molding of gold all around.

Exd 25:12 "You shall cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in its four corners; two rings shall be on one side, and two rings on the other side.

Exd 25:13 "And you shall make poles of acacia wood, and overlay them with gold.

Exd 25:14 "You shall put the poles into the rings on the sides of the ark, that the ark may be carried by them.

Exd 25:15 "The poles shall be in the rings of the ark; they shall not be taken from it.

Exd 25:16 "And you shall put into the ark the Testimony which I will give you.

Exd 25:17 "You shall make a mercy seat of pure gold; two and a half cubits shall be its length and a cubit and a half its width.

Exd 25:18 "And you shall make two cherubim of gold; of hammered work you shall make them at the two ends of the mercy seat.

Exd 25:19 "Make one cherub at one end, and the other cherub at the other end; you shall make the cherubim at the two ends of it of one piece with the mercy seat.

Exd 25:20 "And the cherubim shall stretch out their wings above, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and they shall face one another; the faces of the cherubim shall be toward the mercy seat.

Exd 25:21 "You shall put the mercy seat on top of the ark, and in the ark you shall put the Testimony that I will give you.

Exd 25:22 "And there I will meet with you, and I will speak with you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the Testimony, about everything which I will give you in commandment to the children of Israel.

Note: Verse 15, ""The poles shall be in the rings of the ark; they shall not be taken from it.

Lev 16:14 And he shall take of the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle [it] with his finger upon the mercy seat eastward; and before the mercy seat shall he sprinkle of the blood with his finger seven times.

Lev 16:15 Then shall he kill the goat of the sin offering, that [is] for the people, and bring his blood within the vail, and do with that blood as he did with the blood of the bullock, and sprinkle it upon the mercy seat, and before the mercy seat:

Num 7:1 NOW it came to pass, when Moses had finished setting up the tabernacle, that he anointed it and consecrated it and all its furnishings, and the altar and all its utensils; so he anointed them and consecrated them.

Num 7:2 Then the leaders of Israel, the heads of their fathers' houses, who were the leaders of the tribes and over those who were numbered, made an offering.

Num 7:3 And they brought their offering before the LORD, six covered carts and twelve oxen, a cart for every two of the leaders, and for each one an ox; and they presented them before the tabernacle.

Num 7:4 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,

Num 7:5 "Accept these from them, that they may be used in doing the work of the tabernacle of meeting; and you shall give them to the Levites, to every man according to his service."

Num 7:6 So Moses took the carts and the oxen, and gave them to the Levites.

Num 7:7 Two carts and four oxen he gave to the sons of Gershon, according to their service;

Num 7:8 and four carts and eight oxen he gave to the sons of Merari, according to their service, under the authority[fn1] of Ithamar the son of Aaron the priest.

Num 7:9 But to the sons of Kohath he gave none, because theirs was the service of the holy things, which they carried on their shoulders.

Num 4:15 "And when Aaron and his sons have finished covering the sanctuary and all the furnishings of the sanctuary, when the camp is set to go, then the sons of Kohath shall come to carry them; but they shall not touch any holy thing, lest they die.

Num 4:1 THEN the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying:

Num 4:2 "Take a census of the sons of Kohath from among the children of Levi, by their families, by their fathers' house,

Num 4:3 "from thirty years old and above, even to fifty years old, all who enter the service to do the work in the tabernacle of meeting.

Num 4:15 "And when Aaron and his sons have finished covering the sanctuary and all the furnishings of the sanctuary, when the camp is set to go, then the sons of Kohath shall come to carry them; but they shall not touch any holy thing, lest they die. These are the things in the tabernacle of meeting which the sons of Kohath are to carry.

Now why do you suppose that everything had to be done just as outlined in the above verses?

Well have a look at the NT, verses below

Luk 3:23 Now Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, the son of Heli,

Jhn 8:57 Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?"

You will have noted that it was not the sons of either Gershon, or Merari, that were to carry the arc, but only the sons of Kohath, in other words, only "one of the three".

Can you think of anyone else in Scripture who was, "one of three", who was, "more than thirty", and, "less than fifty", and who carried two pieces of wood on His shoulders which must never be detached from the mercy seat sprinkled with blood, where you go to have your sins forgiven.

Bless you.

Edwin.

Wow, I recently read all the verses except the ones in Numbers (haven't gotten that far yet;) but that is yet another pic of Christ isn't it!  It is one thing to read through the bible, but it is another to study it over and over, in order to keep learning, I am finding that to be true for me.  Or someone who has already studied more than I points something new out to me:) God bless and thank you, a sister in Christ, Denise

Edited by celebratejesus

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you once more celebratejesus for your kind comments, which are much appreciated.

Now what about this one.

Here is another example of, What is in the old concealed is in the new revealed.

Read all of Chapter 24 of Genesis, and you will see that Abraham is a type of God the Father, Isaac a type of Jesus the Son of God, the servant a type of the Holy Spirit, and Rebekah a type

of the Church, the Bride of Christ.

The servant would in all probability have been Eliezer of Damascus, who was an equal partner with Abraham as can be seen at,

Gen 15:2 But Abram said, "Lord GOD, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?" 

The name Eliezer means "God is My Helper"

Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 

When Rebekah was asked "Will you go with this man?" And she said, "I will go." 

Gen 24:57 So they said, "We will call the young woman and ask her personally." 

Gen 24:58 Then they called Rebekah and said to her, "Will you go with this man?" And she said, "I will go."

Confirming what is said at,

1Pe 1:8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see [Him], yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,

Wow mind blowing, need I say any more ?

Praise Him from whom all blessings flow.

Edwin.

Edited by paredwin