IGNORED

Ezekial 38, 39 - before or after the Tribulation?

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I think we've discussed this before quite a few times, but I've never seen an actual thread on it.

A few points:

1/ Is the Gog, Magog war of Ezekiel the same as the Gog, Magog war of Revelation?

2/ Why does the mentioning of weapons used for fuel for seven years apply if this war is after the Millennium rule? Does the seven years not apply to the Great Trib?

3/ How can Israel be living in peace and without walls if the Ezekiel war is not after the Trib as there will be no peace on Earth until then.

4/ If the Ezekiel war is before the Trib, does it come after the Psalm 83 war, or is this the same war?

5/ If the Ezekiel war is before the trib, are we possibly seeing signs now that will lead up to it?

I personally think that the Ezekiel war is pre-Trib and is not the same as the Revelation Gog-Magog war, however recently I've been having doubts.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

I think we've discussed this before quite a few times, but I've never seen an actual thread on it.

A few points:

1/ Is the Gog, Magog war of Ezekiel the same as the Gog, Magog war of Revelation?

2/ Why does the mentioning of weapons used for fuel for seven years apply if this war is after the Millennium rule? Does the seven years not apply to the Great Trib?

3/ How can Israel be living in peace and without walls if the Ezekiel war is not after the Trib as there will be no peace on Earth until then.

4/ If the Ezekiel war is before the Trib, does it come after the Psalm 83 war, or is this the same war?

5/ If the Ezekiel war is before the trib, are we possibly seeing signs now that will lead up to it?

I personally think that the Ezekiel war is pre-Trib and is not the same as the Revelation Gog-Magog war, however recently I've been having doubts.

It the battle of armageddon into the 1000 yr 

It has nothing to do with after the 1000 yr

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

A few points:

What makes you doubt ?

Thank you 

A few points:

What makes you doubt ?

Thank you 

I'm not sure. I was reading it again today and I couldn't see how God destroying Israel's enemies who attack would actually allow the antiChrist to enter Jerusalem. There seems to be no room or place for it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

In Ezekiel's prophecy,Gog will be the leader of a great army that attacks the land of Israel.Ezekiel's battle of Gog and Magog occurs in the tribulation period,more specifically in the first 31/2 years.Israel definately is not at peace right now,and it is inconceivable that the nation would lay down its defenses apart from some major event.When Israel's covenent with the antichrist is in effect at the beginning of Daniel's 70th week(the tribulation) Israel will be at peace.According to Ezekiel,Gog will be defeated by God Himself on the mountains of Israel.

Gog and Magog are mentioned again in Revelation 20:7-8.It is important to note that the Gog and Magog of Ezekiel is quite different than from the one in Revelation 20:7-8.

1) In the battle of Ezekiel 38-39,the armies come primarily from the north and involve only a few nations of the earth Ezekiel 38:6,15:39:2.

2) There is no mention of Satan in the context of Ezekiel 38-39.In Revelation 20:7 the context clearly places the battle at the end of the millenium with Satan as the primary character.

3) Ezekiel 39:11-12 states that the dead will be buried for seven months.There would be no need to bury the dead if the battle in Ezekiel 38-39 is the one described in Revelation 20:8-9 for immediately following is the Great White throne judgment Revelation 20:11-15 and then the current or present heaven and earth are destroyed,replaced by a new heaven and earth Revelation 21:1.There obviously will be a need to bury dead if the battle takes place in the early part of the tribulation,for the land of Israel will be occupied for another 1,000 years,the length of the millenium kingdom Revelation 20:4-6.

4) The battle in Ezekiel 38-39 is used by God to bring Israel back to Him Ezekiel 39:21-29. In Revelation 20,Israel has been faithful to God for 1,000 years (the millenial kingdom). Those in Revelation 20:7-10 who are rebellious are destroyed without any more opportunity for repentance.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

A few points:

I believe the Ezekiel war is post-trib, its the same Armageddon war where Jesus intervenes as per Rev 19.

1) Its not the Rev 20 Gog/Magog war, as Bobeep pointed out, there are differences.

2) The 7 years of fuel, are the first 7 years of the millenium

3) Israel is at peace because the antichrist and Islam will be at peace until Gog attacks

4/5) n/a the Ezekiel war finalizes the tribulation

I believe the following verses indicate the second coming context of the Gog war: The great feast occurs at the second coming (Rev 19)

Call out to every kind of bird and all the wild animals: ‘Assemble and come together from all around to the sacrifice I am preparing for you, the great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel. There you will eat flesh and drink blood. 18 You will eat the flesh of mighty men and drink the blood of the princes of the earth as if they were rams and lambs, goats and bulls—all of them fattened animals from Bashan. 19 At the sacrifice I am preparing for you, you will eat fat till you are glutted and drink blood till you are drunk. 20 At my table you will eat your fill of horses and riders, mighty men and soldiers of every kind

The great earthquake is associated with the second coming as per Rev 6:12

In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground.

A few points:

I believe the Ezekiel war is post-trib, its the same Armageddon war where Jesus intervenes as per Rev 19.

1) Its not the Rev 20 Gog/Magog war, as Bobeep pointed out, there are differences.

2) The 7 years of fuel, are the first 7 years of the millenium

3) Israel is at peace because the antichrist and Islam will be at peace until Gog attacks

4/5) n/a the Ezekiel war finalizes the tribulation

I believe the following verses indicate the second coming context of the Gog war: The great feast occurs at the second coming (Rev 19)

Call out to every kind of bird and all the wild animals: ‘Assemble and come together from all around to the sacrifice I am preparing for you, the great sacrifice on the mountains of Israel. There you will eat flesh and drink blood. 18 You will eat the flesh of mighty men and drink the blood of the princes of the earth as if they were rams and lambs, goats and bulls—all of them fattened animals from Bashan. 19 At the sacrifice I am preparing for you, you will eat fat till you are glutted and drink blood till you are drunk. 20 At my table you will eat your fill of horses and riders, mighty men and soldiers of every kind

The great earthquake is associated with the second coming as per Rev 6:12

In my zeal and fiery wrath I declare that at that time there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20 The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground.

The only problem with this is that Israel is not at peace during the Great Trib, at least not peace as I would call it. There is meant to be a time of massive persecutions taking place. People will be beheaded for not taking the mark of the Beast and those who take the mark have no prospect of salvation. Yet after the war, Israel is rewarded.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

The only problem with this is that Israel is not at peace during the Great Trib, at least not peace as I would call it. There is meant to be a time of massive persecutions taking place. People will be beheaded for not taking the mark of the Beast and those who take the mark have no prospect of salvation. Yet after the war, Israel is rewarded.

I believe Israel will be at peace during the great tribulation. I believe Revelation 12 alludes to this peace. Israel (the woman) is protected.

Persecution takes place everywhere else, but not in Israel, ethnic Israel is protected, whether Judaism or Christian. We know from Joel 2 that there will be many Jews getting saved just before the Day of the Lord. The holy Spirit pours out on them. They have more religious freedom to choose , its assumed they have less pressure to take the mark than the rest of the world. Even the second coming awaits the 144 000, so huge masses of Jews get saved right until the second coming. 

After the war Israel is rewarded during the millenium. Its Israel's period of peace under the Messiah.

I believe Israel will be at peace during the great tribulation. I believe Revelation 12 alludes to this peace. Israel (the woman) is protected.

Persecution takes place everywhere else, but not in Israel, ethnic Israel is protected, whether Judaism or Christian. We know from Joel 2 that there will be many Jews getting saved just before the Day of the Lord. The holy Spirit pours out on them. They have more religious freedom to choose , its assumed they have less pressure to take the mark than the rest of the world. Even the second coming awaits the 144 000, so huge masses of Jews get saved right until the second coming. 

After the war Israel is rewarded during the millenium. Its Israel's period of peace under the Messiah.

I'm not sure that is scripturally accurate. What makes you think that Israel will have more freedom to choose? Are you saying that everybody will be expected to take the mark, but Israel will be exempt?