• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I've seen a few heated disputes on Worthy but I've visited a few threads in the last few minutes and there's quite a bit of fighting going on at the moment.

Must be something we've all eaten...... :th_frusty::th_praying:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Yes, actually there is...full moon is Thursday, and we are just coming out the other end of a major solar flare.

Like the cute commercial says - "Have you eaten today?  You seem a bit grouchy."  Time for my lunch now.  I know I will feel better after I have eaten.

Seriously, though, satan knows his time is short.  It is true .... he is out to devour whom he can and if we allow this, he will use us to devour each other!  Let us remember to always put on love and walk in the Spirit.  We must resist the temptation to retaliate in harsh words, for "A soft answer does turn away wrath."  I have seen what appears to be the lack of love or compassion and I'm working on my own walk in Christ to be sure that I walk in His love.  I know it isn't always easy, just something we must do.  PTL

We fight against the flesh and pride daily.  We must discipline ourselves to be humble and to count others in higher regard.  Let us all be more respectful of each other and if we have to, just walk away before we are tempted to speak from the flesh. 

It is a praying way and this topic is something I have been praying about for some time now.  God hears our prayers and He answers them.  Hallelujah!  I see love coming down on us like a gentle rain.  Praise God!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  I will work harder to love more and argue less.  

More of Jesus .... less of me

Holy Spirit .... let it be.  Amen!

Always in His care,

Peace to you,

PrairWarur

1 Peter 5

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Serve God Willingly

Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed, 

shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; 

nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock. 

And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory. 

You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another,

for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, 

casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. 

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 

But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. 

10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you. 

11 To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Like the cute commercial says - "Have you eaten today?  You seem a bit grouchy."  Time for my lunch now.  I know I will feel better after I have eaten.

Seriously, though, satan knows his time is short.  It is true .... he is out to devour whom he can and if we allow this, he will use us to devour each other!  Let us remember to always put on love and walk in the Spirit.  We must resist the temptation to retaliate in harsh words, for "A soft answer does turn away wrath."  I have seen what appears to be the lack of love or compassion and I'm working on my own walk in Christ to be sure that I walk in His love.  I know it isn't always easy, just something we must do.  PTL

We fight against the flesh and pride daily.  We must discipline ourselves to be humble and to count others in higher regard.  Let us all be more respectful of each other and if we have to, just walk away before we are tempted to speak from the flesh. 

It is a praying way and this topic is something I have been praying about for some time now.  God hears our prayers and He answers them.  Hallelujah!  I see love coming down on us like a gentle rain.  Praise God!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  I will work harder to love more and argue less.  

More of Jesus .... less of me

Holy Spirit .... let it be.  Amen!

Always in His care,

Peace to you,

PrairWarur

1 Peter 5

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Serve God Willingly

Therefore, I exhort the elders among you, as your fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and a partaker also of the glory that is to be revealed,

shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness;

nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock.

And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown of glory.

You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another,

for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,

casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.

10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

11 To Him be dominion forever and ever. Amen.

So it looks like Satan has been trolling Worthy. Get thee behind me...... We need to find his ISP address and ban him. :fryingpan:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Lets also remember that we can pour oil on troubled waters by how we post a reply to someone.   :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.09

haha....it's kind of good for a laugh.

You need a good feed of fish and chips, WW.  I have perfected the recipe and need an Englishman to try it out.  :)

I should say...."English style," right ncn?  lol

haha....it's kind of good for a laugh.

You need a good feed of fish and chips, WW.  I have perfected the recipe and need an Englishman to try it out.  :)

I should say...."English style," right ncn?  lol

PM me the recipe and I will give my honest opinion as a Englishman (and a Northerner to boot). BTW, I think you should sell them wrapped up in newspaper like we used to do in England. That would be a great business novelty. And you must have mushy peas........................

I never thought about the mushy peas!  But yes to the newspaper!  We're already got a deal worked out with the Kingsport Times.  lol 

Referencing another thread....we're hoping to have our "pub" open by late March or early April.  I'm really, really excited about it. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Mushy peas? Do you serve mushy peas in a rolled up newspaper?

Mushy peas? Do you serve mushy peas in a rolled up newspaper?

lol  I expect a comment like that from somebody in Vermont.  :calicon17: