Marnie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Here's a totally non-spiritual topic...rant, really. Am I the only person in America sick to death of superhero movies? They're loud, bloated, poorly written (almost zero dialogue), violent, and manipulative. And, not only that, some of them (the awful Man of Steel, for example) mess with the mythology of the characters!

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

:thumbsup:

Don't Bother Me

As Much Money As I Give Them They Might As Well Be Free

Don't Watch Them

For Beloved Sister I Agree They Might As Well Be Phlegm

:)

Guest shiloh357

Don't worry, they're not done, yet.  They still have Wonder Woman and Aquaman movies to make.   After that they have to make a movie based on the cartoon "The Justice League of America /Superfriends."   Oh and don't forget about  Shazam.

So...  

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/07/1973

All that superhero wave is just a new spin on old demigod lie. Same old lie that people can better themselves to the point of becoming “gods”. Alter ourselves genetically, merge with machines, download ourselves into computers…. So many actually believe that! Nothing more that transhumanism in fancy Hollywood wrapper.

Here's a totally non-spiritual topic...rant, really. Am I the only person in America sick to death of superhero movies? They're loud, bloated, poorly written (almost zero dialogue), violent, and manipulative. And, not only that, some of them (the awful Man of Steel, for example) mess with the mythology of the characters!

Agreed. The movies you mention are another reason I never bothered buying a TV when I moved out of the furnished place I was at. I don't miss the expensive theaters either, although I would dishonest if I said there aren't a few shows that I missed at first.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

i have mixed feelings about this movies.

The X-men - they really killed the characters (that is, the movie characters were nothing like the comic characters)

Batman & Superman - I'm used to Hollywood having artistic license with the story lines. But at least the last 2 reboots were better than what were before.

Iron Man - The first was fun entertainment, 2 was decent, but 3 was a rather dark. R.D, Jr. was a great actor for the character, though.

Captain America - Mindless fun entertainment

Avengers - Mindless fun entertainment

Thor - Mindless fun entertainment. I appreciated how they made the Azguardians to be advanced aliens from another dimension. (I haven't seen the 2nd movie though)

I haven't seen the latest Spiderman reboots.

I watched the trailer for the next Capt. America. It seems like it's going the way of Iron Man, from mindless fun entertainment to a dark theme. Bummer.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If you have not seen these yet, you might enjoy them.

Go to YouTube and type "everything wrong with" - It's produce by CinemaSins, and it's a whole series cutting up the movies (factual errors, unrealistic execution of events, production errors, etc.) It's hysterical! Sometimes as an epilog, they will show scenes from the movie with soundtracks from other movies - also very funny.

After you've seen "everything wrong with [a certain movie]", then type in "how [a certain movie] should have ended". Also hysterical.