• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/28/1952

I read today about John the Baptist and what Jesus said about him in John:

You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved. John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light (John 5:33-35)

The commentary on it pointed out to me that it says "John was a lamp", not that he was the Light.  But the Light burned within him.

Then there was a prayer at the end that said:

Lord, I want my light to shine as John's did, pointing people around me to you. in Jesus name, amen

I do want this in my life, I am a lamp, but I am sad to say only a flicker of light, if any, some days.  And never do I totally give my life 100% to God.  I mean, I don't know if 100% would mean perfection, and if it does, then I know we can't be 100% perfect while still in the flesh.

Does anyone else look at their life and say how short they fall, and how much more they could do if they would only give God all?

Love in Christ, denise, a sister in Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Hello celebratejesus,

Very nice topic you started.

With me I have come to realize that our salvation is something we constantly have to work at it. Because Paul even talks about working out our salvation. For example, cleaning up on the outside meaning walk and talk a certain way, just brings no joy.

Thats the difference between relationship and religion. Salvation is a inside job. Just like a garden, we can't work it out until you get something in the garden to work out. Things in our life that need changing like maybe our tongue. When God comes into our lives, He changes us little by little. Doesn't mean we will never slip up. Just means we working out our salvation. Reading and applying scriptures in our life is our responsibility for it is God who works in us. I think it is God that enriches our mind and challenges us.

blessings,

desi

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  102
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/28/1952

Thank you Desi, for your reply, it was a very, good read.  I have a tendency to compare myself with others, especially those in the bible that gave their all, like John the Baptist.  I just think that I hear God telling me to do something and I don't do it.  Well I don't think it, I know I do that.  My life is a mess, and I think it is because I don't obey Him.  Not that He is making it a mess, He is allowing me to continue to be afraid for example, even though He tells me not to be.

God bless you, I appreciate the reply, again:) I am glad to have this place to come and talk about real stuff.  I know not everyone wants to hear all my junk, but there seems to be people God always puts in my life when I really need fellowship, to listen, to be accountable.  I have some at church, but even there I don't open up like I do online, less scarey maybe:) denise, your sister in Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Thank you Desi, for your reply, it was a very, good read.  I have a tendency to compare myself with others, especially those in the bible that gave their all, like John the Baptist.  I just think that I hear God telling me to do something and I don't do it.  Well I don't think it, I know I do that.  My life is a mess, and I think it is because I don't obey Him.  Not that He is making it a mess, He is allowing me to continue to be afraid for example, even though He tells me not to be.

God bless you, I appreciate the reply, again:) I am glad to have this place to come and talk about real stuff.  I know not everyone wants to hear all my junk, but there seems to be people God always puts in my life when I really need fellowship, to listen, to be accountable.  I have some at church, but even there I don't open up like I do online, less scarey maybe:) denise, your sister in Christ

I know what you mean, I have been there many times with troubles or worries. Keep trusting God, stay in faith. If you need prayer just let me know.