IGNORED

I will waste my life

Guest DRS81

I have never heard the song, but on the surface it sounds like people are accusing her of wasting her life living for God, and she is saying she will gladly waste her life, not so much meaning in reality, but in the way the world perceives it. 

As for why a song title is chosen, that's hard to say.  You do want a title that is an attention grabber, so I can see what OC is saying, but without having heard this particular song, I don't know if that was the intent, or it was the best title to convey the message.  Perhaps it was a little of both?  Ideally you want commercial success, and you also want something that will show your true meaning. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Perhaps it was meant to be ironic.  As in, the secular world believes she is wasting her life, because of the "fun" and "good times" she's giving up for Him.

If seen like that, then it's a testament to her dedication and a conviction of the world.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I have never heard the song, but on the surface it sounds like people are accusing her of wasting her life living for God, and she is saying she will gladly waste her life, not so much meaning in reality, but in the way the world perceives it. 

As for why a song title is chosen, that's hard to say.  You do want a title that is an attention grabber, so I can see what OC is saying, but without having heard this particular song, I don't know if that was the intent, or it was the best title to convey the message.  Perhaps it was a little of both?  Ideally you want commercial success, and you also want something that will show your true meaning. 

I didn't even read your post until after I posted mine, lol.  But, yes, I agree with you.

That's what it sounds like to me Justin, just going by the title alone.  I might have a completely different view of the song if I could read the lyrics.  Perhaps someone has a copy of the words they could post? 

That's what it sounds like to me Justin, just going by the title alone.  I might have a completely different view of the song if I could read the lyrics.  Perhaps someone has a copy of the words they could post? 

I will waste my life, and I'll be tested and tried

With no regrets inside of me, just to find I'm at Your feet

I'll leave my father's house and I'll leave my mother

I'll leave all I have known and I'll have no other

Oh how I love You, and there is no cost

Oh how I love You, and there is no loss

Oh how I love You, I want to take Your name

Oh how I love You, I want to cling to You Jesus

Just let me cling to You Jesus

I'll say goodbye to my father my mother

I'll turn my back on every other lover and

I'll press on yes I'll press on

Misty is definitely one of my favorite christian artists. She is real and true. - DRS81

Thanks for posting those lyrics.  To me it is her saying she will waste her life in the eyes of the world, rather than in reality.  She is choosing to give up all she has down here for the pearl of great price.