Rebel116

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

If God loved me so much why didn't He help my marriage? Why when I needed Him the most did he turn His back on me?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

We all make choices in our lives without asking God for guidance. Even if we receive guidance we choose to ignore it because of our own desires. When we realize our errors we blame God for not intervening to help us. You are not alone we all do it though not necessarily in marriage. Before you married did you ask for guidance? Did you listen to His voice speaking to your heart? If the answer was not what you wanted to hear did you ignore it? Jesus does not control our choices or our will - we are free to live our lives. As Christians, we need to search the scriptures and not just for answers to suit our desires and to pray and follow His leading. 

God may be wanting you to turn to Him and depend on Him in your marriage but you cannot blame Him for turning His back on your marriage - did you? It takes 2 in a marriage. If it is a Christian marriage there are 5 - husband, wife, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. How many were really in your marriage -2 or 5? Was it a marriage in which you listened and shared or did you each go your way? You are very ambiguous in your OP.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Rebel,

Welcome to Worthy.......I know there are times when it may seem like God has abandoned us & we can feel very alone but I assure you that it is another insidious tactic of the enemy ,whispering lies.God never leaves us nor does He forsake us & this is a promise He made to us in His Written Word,from the very mouth of Jesus........

Sometimes what we desire with all of our hearts(we must remember the heart is made of flesh)is not what God has intended for us.....I do not now what happened to your marriage or even if your marriage was what God had planned for you but I do know that God works all things for the good of those that love Him,according to the purpose of their call........if your marriage was Gods Will for you both & then He would have provided the way for it to work out,I have heard of many people actually getting divorced & then getting re-married as God intended for them to be together.........the thing is,you must trust God & believe that He has not left you, EVER

I think you need Him most right now,to understand His Will for you & give you direction and if you seek Him He will reveal Himself to you......turn to His Word,I have always found great comfort in the Psalms,when we are at a low point & cannot find the words to talk to God,just  by reading His inspired Words they will bring you nearer to Him & I cannot stress enough that when you least want to (like now)it is the best time to Praise,Praise,Praise.....God inhabits our Praises & there is no better way to sweeten ones own soul than to be in the Presence of the Lord!Glory to God....you are in my prayers...

With love,in Christ-Kwik

If God loved me so much why didn't He help my marriage? Why when I needed Him the most did he turn His back on me?

~

The Devil

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. John 8:44

Does Not Heal

And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, Luke 4:17-18

Nor Did He Create Marriage

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Proverbs 18:22

So Trust

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. Job 13:15

For With God

Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever. Psalms 30:10-12

All Things Are Possible

Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. Genesis 18:14

Praying~!

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

God does not turn His back on anyone who seeks  Him.  He promises us He will never leave us or forsake us.  I would suggest maybe a marriage counselor, a Christian marriage counselor.  God is into restoring lives not watching them fall apart.  Seek Him in prayer and know that He loves you and always will.  He did not let your marriage fall apart.  His desire is to have healthy loving marriages.  You need to get back into His presence with prayer and fellowship with other believers.  People blame God for a lot of things but we have to do things to to make things work out.  It's not all up to Him.  Trust Him and He will make you whole again.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hi Rebel,

I prayed for years that my parents would stop fighting. It never happened. They are now divorced. Sigh.

Unfortunately, there is something to that old adage, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. When it comes to people and relationships, as others have mentioned, the element of choice comes into play in the mix. And unfortunately, a wounded soul tends to not even know what the right choices are. We all hurt each other out of our woundings, and we don't realize we are wounding people, or if we do we have a hard time knowing how to stop.

I know it's hard to believe the Lord is with you when things go bad, when he doesn't deliver you from pain. I can only pray the Lord reveal Himself to you somehow through all this. :(

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

God is with you now!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/06/1975

I know your pain, I'm going through the same thing. I have had a lot of pain in my life but nothing even comes close as to knowing I am inlove with someone who is not inlove with me. But I know its not Gods fault. I didn't involve him in my marriage or my life in general, I prayed to him each night but I never handed him my life and asked him to do his will because he knows best, I never asked "if its your will Lord" when I prayed... I just prayed and did what I thought was best. Now that I am beyond rock bottom I am finally getting it. He knows whats best, I don't.

Welcome to worthy!  I am praying!!!  God answers prayer, not in our time, but His.  There is power in prayer, and sometimes when things seem hopeless that is exactly when God acts!  Have faith and hope in Him.  Never give up, because God will never give up on you, or your marriage!  God bless you!

Always in His love and care,

PrairWarur

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

You are in grief. Having been there a few times myself, I can assure you that God did not leave you. When going through grief we cry out in desperation and even anger. It is not till we quiet outselves that we can again hear God's still small voice, and receive that comfort of the Holy Spirit. He will walk with you through this, if you will let Him.

God does bring good things out of bad situations when we repent of any wrongdoing and trust in Him. I was thinking of David who commited adultry and had Bathsheba's husband killed so he could marry her. His baby by her died as God predicted. He suffered for his sin. But It was not till the prophet pointed out David's sin about a year later that David completely repented. God brought good out of it by using another son of this union to be in the linage of Jesus. But he would not know of this blessing in his lifetime. Because of David's repentance and his heart for God, God called him a man after His own heart.

Perhaps there was no wrong done on your part in this marriage. It takes two people for a marriage to work, and just as Eve was tempted and sinned, it could have been mostly your wife's error. But Adam chose to sin as well. It does not really matter. If you read the book of Hosea you will find that God used his marriage to an unfaithful wife to demonstrate His loving forgiveness for the sinful states of Israel and Judah. He forgave her and took her back many times even after the horrible things she had done.

It takes time and effort to build a good marriage. Marriage retreats put on by churches are an excellent way to learn to live with a wife according to understanding and give her honor. She also needs to understand how you feel you express love to her, because those things may not be her idea. I once thought working long hours was hubby's way of escaping from me and that he was rejecting me. A retreat showed me that his long hours were an expression of love by providing for me. I don't know if you two had been putting in the extra effort needed. After 7 years of misery and pure stubborness to not give up, I began learning by studying 1 Peter 3. And the first thing God told me was to keep my mouth shut and live the life by giving him admiration, obedience and respect.. Our culture does not teach that kind of perservance and even honor and obey are removed from marriage vows. We have throw away marriages now.

Our Asst. pastor tells how his first marriage failed. He and his wife were not Christians. But they remarried each other and first she received Christ, and then he did after seeing the change in her. He was delivered from alcoholism which was also a huge part of their problem. And they learned to build a Christ like marriage according to God's word. God has used this to make them excellent counselors.

I do pray that your spirit might be quieted, that your faith may not fail, that God enable you to forgive her, and that you may learn to hear His voice and follow Him more closely through it all. Finally, I pray that God may give you light at the end of the tunnel.

Blessings,

Willa

Luke 22:31 NKJV And the Lord said, 'Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you , that he may sift you as wheat,. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."