• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

what about tje wicked who have died 

Believers and nonbelievers (bodies) are in the graves. However, their souls are either in heaven or hell immediatly after death.

Where did Jesus go when He died ?

Believers and nonbelievers (bodies) are in the graves. However, their souls are either in heaven or hell immediatly after death.

Heaven..paradise.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Soul sleep is not biblical no.

Correct it is not biblical.  I believe when the Bible says about those who have fallen asleep, I believe it to mean just resting in the Lord, Not a literal sleep.  It would make no sense.  I have a friend who believes that those who have died are just sleeping.  She can't tell me where or anything else.  She believes no one is in Heaven, in fact she believes there is sin in Heaven.  The Paul said "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." It does not say to be present with the Lord and asleep.  So DRS is right on with this one.  Not biblical

The wicked who have died go immediately to Hades.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

Everyone  good and evil spirits return to God when they die  and the soul is in the spirit 

Ecclesiastes 12:7

King James Version (KJV)

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

When the Bible describes a person "sleeping" in relation to death Luke 8:52;1Corinthians 15:6,it does not mean literal sleep.Sleeping is just a way to describe death because a dead body appears to be asleep.The moment we die,we face the judgment of God Hebrews 9:27.

For believers to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord 2 Corinthians 5:6-8;Philippians 1:23.For unbelivers,death means everlasting punishment in hell Luke 16:22-23.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Amen Kwik. Spiritually discerned...

Everyone  good and evil spirits return to God when they die  and the soul is in the spirit 

Ecclesiastes 12:7

King James Version (KJV)

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Eccl 12:7 isn't what you think. Nonbelievers will still return to hell. This is called the 'particular judgment'..

and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it; http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/ecclesiastes-12-7.html

from whom it is, by whom it is created, who puts it into the bodies of men, as a deposit urn they are entrusted with, and are accountable for, and should be concerned for the safety and salvation of it; this was originally breathed into man at his first creation, and is now formed within him by the Lord; hence he is called the God of the spirits of all flesh; see ( Genesis 2:4 ) ( Zechariah 12:1 ) ( Numbers 16:22 ) . Now at death the soul, or spirit of man, returns to God; which if understood of the souls of men in general, it means that at death they return to God the Judge of all, who passes sentence on them, and orders those that are good to the mansions of bliss and happiness, and those that are evil to hell and destruction.

The moment we die,we face the judgment of God Hebrews 9:27.

Correct. There will be something called a 'particular judgment' and also a 'universal judgment'..

but after this the judgment; http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/hebrews-9-27.html

the last and general judgment, which will reach to all men, quick and dead, righteous and wicked, and in which Christ will be Judge. There is a particular judgment which is immediately after death; by virtue of which, the souls of men are condemned to their proper state of happiness or woe; and there is an universal judgment, which will be after the resurrection of the dead, and is called eternal judgment, and to come; this is appointed by God, though the time when is unknown to men; yet nothing is more certain, and it will be a righteous one.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Heaven..paradise.

That's not what Jesus said.

John 20:17

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

And soul sleep is biblical because the word sleep is in the bible....lol No but it's more logical in my opinion than everyone going to heaven.  Never been to a funeral where the preacher said the person was in hell even if it was a known sinner. :hmmm:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

How do we deal with texts like Acts 2:29-34?

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

That's not what Jesus said.

John 20:17

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

And soul sleep is biblical because the word sleep is in the bible....lol No but it's more logical in my opinion than everyone going to heaven.  Never been to a funeral where the preacher said the person was in hell even if it was a known sinner. :hmmm:

John 20:17 is simply talking about before ascending. Jesus has in fact ascended to his father in heaven, read Acts 1:9-12. Why would the preacher at a funeral tell people that person is in hell? Grief is the best weapon and the best time to lie to them. "Oh that person is with God" when in reality he's not, (he was never born again) but you can't tell grieving people that or you'll have glass and trash thrown at you. Even though it's obvious that person was an atheist, a mormon or a jehovah witness his whole life, lol. Please re-read post 10, and do not confuse soul from body. - DRS81