• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

"Russell Johnson, the actor whose genius Professor Roy Hinkley was always one coconut away from inventing a way off "Gilligan’s Island," has died of natural causes. He was 89 ...

"Before his three-hour tour took a bad a turn, Johnson was a player in 1950s science-fiction classics 'This Island Earth' and 'It Came From Outer Space.' He also scored two appearances on 'The Twilight Zone' ..."

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/russell-johnson--the-professor-on--gilligan-s-island--is-dead-at-89-205226838.html

Johnson played Prof. Manion in the Twilight Zone's "Execution" and even appeared as a scribe in the "Greatest story Ever Told"!

Johnson's entire filmography on IMDb can be found at:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0426157/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Old School!

Gee,makes me really feel old,I cannot even believe that "the Professor" was 89 yrs old!I always liked his character,all of them really,I grew up with Gilligans Island...................I do hope he knew Jesus!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  2

The most profound show EVER!

RIP, Professor.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

I had no idea the 'professor' was 89!  I only know that show from the re-runs but it's still funny today. 

He died, and so did the actor that played the manager for the Partridge Family on that early 70s sitcom.  I always liked "Gilligan's Island."  When I was growing up, it was in reruns everyday, and I had seen the show so many times, I knew everything each person was going to say before they spoke.  I can't make that boast today, but I do have the entire series on DVD, and it is still one of my favorite shows.  I often wondered why they would want to leave the island?  There are things I would have missed about civilization, but they had everything they needed to get by.  I believe I would have been content to stay there. 

The most profound show EVER!

RIP, Professor.

:24: :24: :24:

"…thanks, Professor. Talking to you is like looking up the answers in the back of the book." - Gilligan

~

• Skipper: Gilligan, we've got everything we need. Food, water, compass. Everything to help us sail home.
  • Gilligan: Yeah, after all this time on the island, it'll feel good to be on dry land again.
  • Skipper: Yes. Gilligan, this is dry land.
  • Gilligan: Yeah, but it's surrounded by wet.

... I always liked "Gilligan's Island."  When I was growing up, it was in reruns everyday, and I had seen the show so many times, I knew everything each person was going to say before they spoke.  I can't make that boast today, but I do have the entire series on DVD, and it is still one of my favorite shows ...

TVLand plans a tribute to Johnson and MeTV (WZME) has been re-re-running episodes of Gilligan for months.

It's time to take MaryAnn out of mothballs -- Are Dawn Wells and Tina Louise the last surviving "castaways"?

I believe that Dawn Wells and Tina Louise are the last survivors from the Gilligan's Island cast?  It is sad seeing all these people pass away. 

Me (Memorable)TV -- WZME -- will have a tribute to Russell Johnson Sunday Jan 19 11 am EST -- It will probably feature some of the favorite Gilligan episodes he was prominent in.

Ops. Nothing but Brady Bunch on ME TV this morning; maybe WZME meant next Sunday?

Me (Memorable)TV -- WZME -- will have a tribute to Russell Johnson Sunday Jan 19 11 am EST -- It will probably feature some of the favorite Gilligan episodes he was prominent in.

Ops. Nothing but Brady Bunch on ME TV this morning; maybe WZME meant next Sunday?

It was on this morning at 11 AM Eastern time, because I watched it.  They showed the episode where the Professor was trying to save them from "island madness" by giving them hope a rescue ship was on the way, and the episode where the Professor was trying to find a solution to the lack of vitamin C in their diets.  Unfortunately, they only ran two episodes, and The Brady Bunch started promptly at 12 Noon Eastern Time.  I watched a couple of those programs to before going to work.