GlidingWings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

There is much talk among Christians of most and every denomination of every Church. There is talk of “The Day of the Lord’. Why in fact for centuries this has been much of the talk about the Bibles scriptures concerning the Day of the Lord. It's more important than Wood stock. More important than a presidential or Monarchy inauguration put in office.. It's more important than even a new born baby entering into this world. For the Day of the Lord is all the talk among Christians. We today so ever in these times speak often of this day.

Yet even so every day life can be distracting at most. With all these things our minds may drift away from seeking to know this day. It is therefore good for Christians to assemble in one place or many places of group participation to discuss many Bible issues at hand. Even if we know or not know the answers we need to continue to encourage one another in our Faith. So for this reason I wanted to assemble here among us Worthy posters with the topic’ The Day of the Lord”.

We

can have a friendly discussion each of us sharing an aspect on the Day of the Lord for there is much to say of these things. It is what I believe what we seek after to know of the Lords Day. When we assemble together and discuss we as the Body help to form the full work of God’s glory, His workmanship us His creation.

I say this for some know less, and some know more, some have more faith, and some have little but whether small or great we post together in kindness making all feel welcome. For some get intimidated to post feeling if they don’t present enough others will or may interact wrongly just to learn this Christian is new and learning growing in their faith. That's when we make it more comfortable at ease. They will open their hearts and share their faith growing along and everyone feeling included.

This the Day of the Lord is for all believers in every nation, tongue, and language. All believers will see the Day of the Lord. Unfortunately sad news unbelievers will also see the Day of the Lord in a way we nor God desires anyone should perish.

Never the less to make this topic complete unbelievers also must be at some point discussed in the Day of the Lord as the rare both good and bad consequences. Some unto righteous others to contempt Daniel chapter 12 verse 2. But when we discuss with one another we make ourselves more prepared and ready for that day. Even as Paul not only wrote letter to the Churches but even spent day and night working and teaching them these things that they will also nourish in the ways of God.

I’m sorry to say this but briefly I believe in the future all of us are going to be scattered away from Worthy Forums. When the end draws closer we will be monitored even more. These forums could either be watched closely in the future or even be against the law. So as Franklin Graham said in 2010 outside of the Pentagon as his invitation to speak was rejected he said this. Let us pray now.

Let us share the Gospel while we still have time to do so. Let’s not wait until it is too late and we can no longer be able to share with others as we can do now. Yes I see a day that I will remember . . thinking remember we used to post on Worthy. Now we can’t do so. He will make war with the Saints. We will see over time how technology will play an important role keeping an eye on everyone including maybe almost impossible to assemble during that time. For now is our chance while we have the time to speak of the Day of the Lord together. .

I’ll start off with some questions to try to get this topic going and we can eventually try to share every aspect of the Day of the Lord. Here are some questions 1. What is the Day of the Lord? Describe this at best.. using scripture along may be most helpful.. 2. What signs are we to look for to know the Day of the Lord is approaching our way? 3. How long actually is the Day of the Lord? Is it one day or more than one day? 4. How should we get ready for the Day of the Lord and how should we witness to others to share of the Lord’s day? 5 How do we personally feel waiting for this day to come upon us? Are some exited? Scared? Confident? Unsure? Happy or sad or anything?

Please take note all questions do not have to be answered. These questions are merely to help get the topic rolling. For I am sure once this takes off there will be plenty and much to say. For I myself am looking forward to what others will say of the Day of the Lord.

Have a blessed day all at Worthy both reader and posters alike. Who would like to start this off? And note that rule... the last person becomes the spoiled egg does not apply.  :mgcheerful:   But yes we can still keep our child like ways. :biggrinflip:

Edited by GlidingWings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Often us Christians think that the end-times arrive at Satan's pace. We watch to see how Satan is orchestrating politics to usher in the New World Order and the antichrist. But this isn't the biblical position, Jesus is clear that the end wont come until the gospel is preached to all nations, and so its the church's task to close up this age by preaching the gospel. God is waiting for the gospel to be preached:

2 Peter 3 : The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief.

You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming

So when does the great tribulation start? Those 3.5 years of Satan's intensity start with the victory of the gospel, Satan comes crashing down to earth for 3.5 years of persecution of the saints:

Rev 12: They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. Therefore rejoice, you heavens  and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea,  because the devil has gone down to you!

He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short

'

I believe us Christians will have our relief from troubles on the day of the Lord: 

2 Thess 1: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels

I believe us Christians will be resurrected at the last trumpet:

1 Cor 15: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Here's another resurrection at a trumpet call, its probably also the last trumpet. We will be resurrected on the day of the Lord:

Matthew 24:  “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Zechariah 14 and Rev 16 and Rev 19 describe armies attacking Jerusalem on the day of the Lord, here's the Zech 14 version:

v2  I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it

v5  Then the Lord my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.

So in conclusion, after 3.5 years of persecution all nations will come against Jerusalem, then the day of the Lord will come, the resurrection will occur at the time the antichrist comes to his end (Dan 11:45 - Dan 12:2), at that time the last trumpet will sound and the dead will be raised. 

Daniel 11/12: He will pitch his royal tents between the seas at the beautiful holy mountain. Yet he will come to his end, and no one will help him.“At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered

Edited by ARGOSY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_of_the_Lord :)

The Day of the Lord is a biblical term and theme used in both the Hebrew Bible (Old Testament) and the New Testament. A related expression is the Great Day as in "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come." which appears in both Old and New Testaments.[1] The meaning of the phrases may sometimes refer to temporal events such as the invasion of a foreign army and capture of a city but it may also be related to predicted events in a later age of earth's history including the final judgment[2] and World to Come. The expression may also have an extended meaning in referring to both the first and second comings of Jesus Christ. This appears much in the first chapter of Isaiah.

• Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  373
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  09/10/1963

When I think about the Day of the Lord coming and seeing threads like yours GW..it makes me more aware that I need to make sure for 1 I am paying more closer attention to the signs that we need to look for.

Also like you said we all need to gather together in a unity to discuss this day we are all looking forward to seeing.

The Day of the Lord is nothing like what we will ever see again in our lifetime..

It is going to be in the future and something everyone will see.

The Lord will come for every eye to see and his brightness will shine upon all.

Matthew 24 speaks of the signs of the Son of Man Coming..

The Coming of the Son of Man

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew 24 best describes the topic as a whole I believe..

But to the question about how we should feel..I am in much anticipation and when it arrives I hope and pray that I am not ony prepared that

it will make him happy but also that I did everything he would want me to do.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

It's funny; I am really longing for the Lord Jesus Christ to reveal Himself to me more and more all the time.  I used to be very afraid of the end times because of all the suffering to come, but now as I am, I am suffering in my longing to be with Jesus - all the more, seeing the days increase in evil; I just want Jesus to come back, and I have lost some of that fear of suffering because of how I am afflicted in my longing.  But I believe that that's what the Lord wants too.  His people to want Him.  Not just a way out of suffering.  The suffering will end when He comes.  Come Lord Jesus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone...

When Gliding first told me about this thread,I thought,"Well,I don't know that I would have much to add ".....the reason I say this is because I don't really think too much on this Great Day but I do look more to 2 Peter3:11 & what kind of people ought you to be(as the day approaches)....It is funny but as a very small child I was so madly in love with Jesus that I gave alot of thought to Christs return & so longed for the day & to be with Him,ahh-the pure heart of a child & that "First Love".....it is no wonder Jesus said we have to be like the little children.....

Sister Zion expressed how as a "babe in Christ"she used to fear end times and I believe that probably rings true for most of us.I know as  I was no longer a child & got caught up in the world I strayed from my"First Love"and was very fearful indeed of the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord.As I returned to my First Love I once again long to be with Him......What I fear is for the wicked that will only know this day as that of calamity and destruction.......their arms will go limp and all hearts will melt,perhaps these are the reasons for our tears that the Lord will wipe away..........

I do think it is very important that we go out & preach the Gospel,this Day we know will not come until it has been preached to every nation............so I can only share with you that I honestly do not think much about it,I see the signs (as I think they are)and from the very beginning this Day has been approaching and it will be the most beautiful sight I could ever see when I see my Precious Jesus in the sky ........

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

I'm looking forward to the rapture.  By the time 'The Day of the Lord' arrives I'll already be in my glorified body returning with the Lord on his day.  It will be wonderful to finally see the wickedness of this world destroyed.  Seeing people I know that aren't saved going to their destruction won't be happy.  Even the prophet Amos says- Woe to you that desire the Day of the Lord.  Not going to be a pretty day...  Meeting Jesus in the sky is the rapture a distinct and different event 7 years prior.

Amos 5:17-19

Amplified Bible (AMP)

17 And in all vineyards there shall be wailing, for I will pass through the midst of you, says the Lord.

18 Woe to you who desire the day of the Lord! Why would you want the day of the Lord? It is darkness and not light;

19 It is as if a man fled from a lion and a bear met him, or went into the house and leaned with his hand against the wall and a serpent bit him.

Jeremiah 46:10

But that day is a day of the Lord, the Lord of hosts—a day of vengeance, that He may avenge Himself on His adversaries. And the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiated and shall drink its fill of their blood; for the Lord, the Lord of hosts has a sacrifice [like that of a great sin offering] in the north country by the river Euphrates.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

More than one "Day of the Lord"  such as 2 Peter 3:10 - But the day of the Lord will come like a thief.  The Heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

This day of the Lord is describing the preparation for a New Heaven and a New Earth.

The "day of the Lord" usually comes suddenly or is unexpected, like a thief in the night.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Has God pre-ordained this day or is he flexible to change it to suit his will?

Son Of Hell

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

SON Of Heaven

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:1-3

~

Has God per-ordained this day or is he flexible to change it to suit his will?

:thumbsup:

In

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matthew 24:14

His

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Matthew 24:21-22

Timing

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. Mark 13:32