IGNORED

christians and non-believers with worry...

desi2007

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Lets discuss why christians are just as guilty with worry and anxiety as non-believers? any thoughts, care to share? I have my own thoughts on this but would like to see what others think.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Because were all human

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Because too many folks are passive believers. Giving up our cares to the Lord and not worrying takes an active leap of faith.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Lets discuss why christians are just as guilty with worry and anxiety as non-believers? any thoughts, care to share? I have my own thoughts on this but would like to see what others think.

As the patriot2013 notes, because we are human. Faith or Christianity is a means to deal with those aspects of our human condition. Note sure why having what is natural is a condition to defined as guilt.

Edited by joyjuice

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Because too many folks are passive believers. Giving up our cares to the Lord and not worrying takes an active leap of faith.

I fully agree. Faith is the means to leave the flesh, or natural way behind, trusting in Him to guide us through. This does require a strong relationship with God, strong enough to know when and how He is guiding us through situations. Faith is the active ingredient in our lives that connects us to Him.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I would have to say that a lot of atheists that I have met live their lives without any guilt, worry, or anxiety. According to atheists there really is no moral code besides the one that you make but I will say that many of them do have pretty decent moral codes.(they can't justify their morals though) Maybe it's them kidding themselves into thinking that they're better than us? In god's law however all are guilty and deserve punishment. Well hope that was helpful.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Because were all human

Yup. And when we think we are perfected in trusting in the Lord, suddenly we get hit with circumstances that stretch that trust, and it is like we have to re-learn how to take a leap of faith.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

As a non Christian, and in fact non religious, just like everyone else we do worry and get anxienty just as anyone else. And yes, contrary I guess to some views, there is a moral code for us non believers.

I think the atheist (which I am not) position is there is no absolute moral code.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Don't worry be happy!

You know...we had bought a new roof last year and its been developing leaks since the time it was put on even unto this very day. In fact three more leaks have started inside the house just this week. I think its all how you look at it because rain can be relaxing.

So I looked again at the situation (after grabbing another bucket) and comforted myself by singing the raindrops song...

"Raindrops keep falling on my head

But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red

Crying's not for me

Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'

Because I'm free

Nothing's worrying me..."

Whose worried bout wet stuff, ceiling stains, mold issues, resale values and all of that?

Awh...I'm just pulling your legs, Ive hyperventilated a couple of times already and had my first Linda Blair (from the exorcist) moment just this week.

Which freaked me out because I didn't know I was capable of doing that head spinning thing she did or talk in that same creepy tone lol

I really want to write a sweet message to the corporation hired contractors across my roof itelf (in giant letters) just so everyone could see it on my own property (but from Google earth). Its my property, I cant help people from all over the world can see my roof message (lol)

I just gotta think of what I want to say.

Because if you do such a thing right it could be pretty funny (and go viral) and make tweeking their noses fun (while getting my message across that I am so not pleased.

Then make Tee shirts or something, but Im still thinking through the details lol

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If it helps, I was highly amused by what you just wrote!