GlidingWings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

Let's suppose you go into a jewelry store. You have 2 Timex watches. One is gold and the other is brass. The Jeweler offers $200 for the brass watch and $500 for the gold watch. Of course these are different metals with different values. Gold is more worth in value than brass. It's not hard to figure out why gold is worth more than brass to even know true gold should not rust. Take a choice own a gold mine or a copper mine? Sure with gold you're going to have a lot more money by far. It takes 100 pennies to even just make $1. 1000 pennies for $10. That's not saying copper is worth that much. One gold coin maybe 100 or more dollars perhaps but no less than $10.

While that makes sense this does not make sense to me. Now listen to this. A man is purchasing items at the computer store. The cashier says $80.72. the man gives him 2- $5 bills. Here you go he said. No says the cashier I said $80.72. But I gave you 2 bills. Is that not enough? No says the cashier that's only worth $10. So the man then gives him 3- $20 bills. Is this enough? he asked. No says the man I need 2 more of those. Then the man found a $100 bill. How about this? That's correct said the cashier that will pay for your items.

The customer scratches his head. Wait! Now he says I gave you 2 bills. This green paper you said these 2 aren't enough. . Then I gave you these 3 green papers and you said that is not enough. So I handed you just this one green paper and now I have enough?.

Ok we know there are different numbers at the corner of these bills. Yet so what? Every dollar bill, 5,10, 20, 50 and 100 are made of the same material, right? Some green paper is worth more? Some of this green paper is worth less?

The gold watch got $500. The brass watch got $200. That is fair? Why then the same bills made the same way, the same size have different values? Please explain where this idea comes from. The same exact material, color, can be divided in different value of buying things.

For I ask in all history before I thought by the make of money the way it is made gave us the value how much money should be worth. And now we have these bills that don’t abide by those laws of true value. So just because a higher number is on one bill you we can buy more things? Tell me how this got started and who made this logic that equal paper can be different value monetary savings? Because if I went into a jewelery store with Jefferson’s face on a silver plaque he would be worth more than Benjamin Franklin on a tin plaque. And yet Jefferson on a $2 bill is not even half a Benjamin Franklin dollar bill? So how does this all work? Where is the logic? :hmmm:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Where is the logic?  :hmmm:

Unless you are selling gold watches there is none...

So how does this all work? Where is the logic? :hmmm:

:thumbsup:

So Where

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3:10-12

Is The Logic

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Or Is It Really The Math

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Of The Heart

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968

Well.. first off... it is not really a fair comparison to try to figure something out based upon the material it is made of. Your dollar bills are not actually "money" but more like a "promisory note" that lists a value on it. Think "grocery coupon". The coupon itself doesn't really have a value, but there is a representation of how much value it can apply toward some type of good/service. The American Dollar is similar - each one is not "money" but a representation of value. Each bill has a representation of a specific amount printed on it. This form of currency is, in reality, a "promise to pay" note from you to the vendor. If you withdraw $20 from your bank, you are given a piece of paper that says you have $20. In essence they are promising to give you $20 of worth (it used to be that the dollar was backed by gold. i.e. for every dollar in the U.S. there was $1 worth of gold in a vault in Fort Knox) of something. Today, our currency is just based upon a good feeling, or a handshake, or some other nonsense. So yes, the paper the money is printed on is actually just that.. paper.. mind you it is a strange, weird, unique type of paper, but paper nonetheless.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Basically the original bills could be traded for that much gold or silver.....    A 100 dollar bill could actually be traded for 100 dollars worth of gold or silver whichever it was backed up by.....    after the federal reserve was set up, the different bills actually represent that much debt for we got them from Bonds we sold to the Federal Reserve Banks.   They actually represent money we owe the Reserve.   the bills themselves are for the most part worthless.   So when you come to my store and spend that hundred dollar bill, you are actually just trading the $100 we owe the Federal Reserve (or whoever bought the last set of bonds) for whatever it is you bought from me.

Our money supply today represents debt and not wealth.

The whole system is not only a scheme to get the true wealth of this country, it's also very unconstitutional......   and in the long run very stupid on our part to have allowed it to happen.

But hey, what makes an ounce of gold worth about $1,400......    it's that only because someone will pay that price.   We actually use a lot more silver than we do gold and silver is much more needed in industry than gold....   and is in less supply....  today it's selling for a bit less than $20.....        it's whatever the market will go for.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  345
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  4

You say we are in debt so the money we have is borrowed money. So people are being paid salaries

and America is giving out money to other countries that we don't have.

So the Federal Reserve some how saved us.

So if America is really in all this debt how did this all come about that our gold and silver couldn't cover anymore?

If we owe money who are we to pay back? If America is debt and we owe ourselves then can't we forgive our own debt?

Or is it we just owe a lot of money to other countries? One last thing is our gold and silver still worth value?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The Chinese invented paper money because they realised that money was only a promise of payment and had no value in itself. Precious metals too, don't have much more value either, other than being a promise of payment.

However, paper is an almost inexhaustible supply whereas gold isn't. Therefore a government can continue to print money whenever it likes, thus devaluing the currency. Gold is meant to be rare and there is a fixed amount of it in the World (even though we still have some left in the ground) and since antiquity, gold has had a value placed on itself.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

You say we are in debt so the money we have is borrowed money. So people are being paid salaries

and America is giving out money to other countries that we don't have.

So the Federal Reserve some how saved us.

So if America is really in all this debt how did this all come about that our gold and silver couldn't cover anymore?

If we owe money who are we to pay back? If America is debt and we owe ourselves then can't we forgive our own debt?

Or is it we just owe a lot of money to other countries? One last thing is our gold and silver still worth value?

The way the Federal Reserve works is crazy.     Basically we print money and give it to the Federal Reserve Banks who turn around and purchase US CD's and bonds which we have to pay interest on........   The Federal Reserve Banks are privately owned and really not anything to do with the Government at all other than receiving our money and loaning it to us with interest..    The only two presidents who went against the central banks were shot in the head in public settings.

The system we are on now lets the government spend money it doesn't have......    oh and btw about 6 or 7 trillion dollars of that debt is the Social Security and Medicare accounts that they took the money and bought CD's with it and spent the money in the general fund.    so close to half of the debt belongs to us old people who are on social security.   I for one an not going to forgive that debt.    We planned our retirement very carefully for a long time and I'm not going to willingly give it all back......    My wife and I put money into that system for a total of nearly 75 years.......   and I want it back.