• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

As of right now, this is scheduled to be Live Streamed for Free: http://debatelive.org/

Tuesday Feb 4, 7PM ET.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,022
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

As of right now, this is scheduled to be Live Streamed for Free: http://debatelive.org/

Tuesday Feb 4, 7PM ET.

I am very much excited for this... it will be awesome to see the Glory God will bring to Himself in this :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

As of right now, this is scheduled to be Live Streamed for Free: http://debatelive.org/ Tuesday Feb 4, 7PM ET.

I am very much excited for this... it will be awesome to see the Glory God will bring to Himself in this :thumbsup:

I wish I had your confidence about who will get the most glory after this debate-God or satan. Personally, I think public opinion will strongly favor the science guy and the Christian will come out looking silly.

We shall see.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,022
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

As of right now, this is scheduled to be Live Streamed for Free: http://debatelive.org/ Tuesday Feb 4, 7PM ET.

I wish I had your confidence about who will get the most glory after this debate-God or satan. Personally, I think public opinion will strongly favor the science guy and the Christian will come out looking silly.

We shall see.

Well personally I know what happens here is not the glory we seek :)

It is here in this time and place and it will be all...

Phil 2:10-11

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven,

and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue

should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

KJV

One of the factors of faith established in His Word is the fact that what God says

in promise is as good as already experienced... in this world I can be ridiculed

and mocked but I know that this will occur even while the mocking is a it's peak

I can have sorrow for them - they do know what they are doing yet they will be

confessing even what they make fun of now only then the flames is their only hope...

Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I don't know much about Bill Nye.  Is he a Christian?  Some Christians believe the evolution notion (not me).  I think that it is amazing that the tickets sold out within minutes.  Why are Mr. Nye's peers so nervous about him being up for the challenge?  I will try to watch it live, if not, then I will view it on youtube as as stated on the web site.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Days Won:  2

I don't know much about Bill Nye.  Is he a Christian?  Some Christians believe the evolution notion (not me).  I think that it is amazing that the tickets sold out within minutes.  Why are Mr. Nye's peers so nervous about him being up for the challenge?  I will try to watch it live, if not, then I will view it on youtube as as stated on the web site.

Bill Nye is not a Christian, he seems to flow between atheist and pantheist.  A debate is won most times on style and not substance, Ken Ham is an accomplished debater and has honed his skills to a fine edge.  Bill Nye is a very charismatic individual also and has much experience in front of a TV so he will hold his own, but debates are different.   I once sat in the audience for a debate put on by the debate club between their president (an individual that competed around the world in debate competitions) and a 4th year Dean's List Geology major.   Neither knew the exact topic till the night of the debate, the topic was "is the earth round".  The Geology guy took the Yes side and the debate guy took the No side.  Even though everyone in the audience knew the earth was round, the geology guy was crushed in the debate because he did not know how to debate.  

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Yeah I agree, public debates are not typically a way I'd want to learn about whether a position is good or not. They typically just cause each side to retrench. It's a performance piece. By the way, I haven't seen the debate in question so I don't know who came off looking better to the public.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

Yeah I agree, public debates are not typically a way I'd want to learn about whether a position is good or not. They typically just cause each side to retrench. It's a performance piece. By the way, I haven't seen the debate in question so I don't know who came off looking better to the public.

The debate is moot.  If you do not believe in Christ, you go to hell.  What's to debate? 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

The debate is moot.  If you do not believe in Christ, you go to hell.  What's to debate? 

?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033

The debate is not about salvation, it is about the science behind the age of the universe/earth.  If such a thing does not interest you, then you should not watch...and one has to wonder why you are in a part of the forum that deals with science and faith.