IGNORED

What Happened to the Dinosaurs?

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

The global flood mentioned in Genesis is a far better explanation for the extinction of dinosaurs than a 6-mile wide asteroid/meteorite hitting the earth or a volcano.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Dinosaurs is a part of a larger ongoing debate within the Christian community.Those who believe in an older age for the earth tend to agree that the BIble does not mention dinosaurs.Those who believe in a younger age for the earth  agree that the BIble does not mention dinosaurs.The Bible never mentions the word 'dinosaur'.Instead it uses the Hebrew word tanniyn.It all depends on how you interpret the available evidence and how you view the world around you if you believe dinosaurs existed.If the Bible is interpreted literally,a young earth interpretation will result,and the idea that dinosaurs and man co existed can be excepted.The Bible does not discuss what happened to the dinosaurs.They could have died out shortly after the flood.It would be mere speculation to try and determine what happened to the dinosaurs.

Could be because the term "Dinosaur" wasn't coined until the mid 1800's :P

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/25/1968

I believe that the dinosaurs died in the flood. The collapse of the water canopy described in the flood account would have exposed these animals to UV radiation for the first time whereas before, they would have been protected. (Consider insect and plant sizes in tropical rainforests.) When the flood waters started rising, the animals would have started looking to higher ground and those with lower mobility (i.e. slugs, etc) would be the ones that would be caught up in the waters first and thus dying earlier. Larger and faster moving animals would have been able to escape the rising waters until the water table reached above their ability to tread water. This also explains why invertebrates are seemingly on the "earliest" dated parts of the fossil record. They couldn't outrun the water and mud that were coming.

Anyway... that's what I believe.. I have a bunch of scientific reasons to back it up.. but I think others may be able to explain it much better than I can....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It's a way too long story to deal with here, but I personally think that most if not all the dinosaurs were genetically changed before the Flood by the Nephilim and the fallen angels and were not meant to ever be.....   God wouldn't let them on the ark.  One won't find that in the Bible, but in books that many of the early church fathers thought reliable.

Unicorns would be in that same grouping.   

I doubt that many would agree, but that's just the way things go.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

The global flood mentioned in Genesis is a far better explanation for the extinction of dinosaurs than a 6-mile wide asteroid/meteorite hitting the earth or a volcano.

Maybe for you it is.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Here's the flood model I am currently working on:

Most people don't seem to realize that there is in fact scientific evidence for dramatic and widespread  flooding  before the dinosaurs were even common on earth.  In the lower layers, commonly known as carboniferous and Permian, the dominant fauna were large amphibians, not dinosaurs. This world was wetter, insects also dominated, and plants were different.  Then we have evidence on every continent of major marine flooding into continental landmasses, this is known as the PT boundary which contains the greatest extinctions known in history. The PT boundary was not originally known for flooding, but recent evidence shows the flood layers nearly everywhere.  After this great extinction,  the world was dry and sandy, just what you would expect from the landscape after a worldwide flood.  

Imagine what animals would be dominant on the land now, if there was a flood tomorrow, and all the land animals were on some ark? I would assume many large lizards, turtles and sea crocodiles would crawl onto the land and quickly adapt to the empty desert continents. The turtles better able to walk would breed faster, and their offspring would breed better if they could walk better. This is what we find after the great extinction, large previously amphibuous reptiles were suddenly found on the land in large numbers. This is the Triassic. There was a "greenhouse effect" after the massive volcanoes of the PT boundary, the ice caps melted. There is a good chance that atmospheric pressure was high during those times, allowing for very large body shapes of these reptiles. And so reasonably large previously aquatic reptiles became land based and huge very soon after the flood, these are the dinosaurs. They dominated all tropical areas, mammals from the ark could not compete, and so were restricted to the ark regions (Arabia and Africa)  and the far north which was too cold for reptiles.  

Then the meteorite hit earth, mammoths and humans in the far north were frozen over nearly instantaneously, further south many dinosaur species were wiped out due to the cold and darkness. They had no vitamin b3 to produce calcium, and could not survive the cold. Mammals could now dominate earth because the dinosaurs were mainly extinct. Because of the freezing over of earth, sea levels dropped and humans moved into low-lying regions in the Middle East. (the land of Shinar). When the world started returning to normal, we have the "Gilgamesh floods", which nearly destroyed the Sumerian civilization. 

That's a brief summary of the history of dinosaurs that I am currently working on.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

If one believes that Dinosaurs and humans walked the earth together then the flood is the best explanation of what happened to them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Maybe for you it is.

There is an iridium anomaly around the earth at that time. This is hard to explain without an asteroid/meteorite impact.  I personally place the flood a few hundred years earlier than the impact

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

If one believes that Dinosaurs and humans walked the earth together then the flood is the best explanation of what happened to them.

Just curious, assuming this to be true, do you suppose people were killing the dinosaurs and eating them for dinner? Or were they running like heck to avoid their wrath?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Just curious, assuming this to be true, do you suppose people were killing the dinosaurs and eating them for dinner? Or were they running like heck to avoid their wrath?

Good question, if you go to the Creation Museum in Tennessee (I think) they might have the answers.