IGNORED

The Gospel for a Gay Friend

For many of my Christian friends who love Jesus and struggle with same-sex attraction, the beauty of the gospel is that it addresses every area of their life, not just one expression of the fall. All believers know this truth. Whether we were once atheists, liars, Muslims, or self-righteous church attenders, there's no magical gospel just for "our sin." At the foot of the cross we are all equally in need of God's amazing grace.

Read the entire article here.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Amen from me, too. "For ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I believe that people can call themselves of Christ and be gay at the same time. Christ loved all.

Guest shiloh357

I believe that people can call themselves of Christ and be gay at the same time. Christ loved all.

But Jesus hates the sin of homosexuality.   You cannot be a practicing homosexual and an authentic follower of Jesus.  

"Can call themselves...." Change is not a requirement for salvation, but a result of it. We repent and change out of gratitude to Christ for saving us, not to maintain our salvation. Darkness cannot occupy the same space as light; light chases darkness away as the dawn chases away the night. GOD is light. Jesus is GOD. If you think that GOD feels any different about homoexuality now than He did before, than you don't know GOD.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

But Jesus hates the sin of homosexuality.   You cannot be a practicing homosexual and an authentic follower of Jesus.  

No, that's true. Every gay Christian has to make a serious effort to abandon their homosexual activity, which I would imagine can be extremely difficult, but then again other people who are not homosexual have their own difficulties too.

Homosexuality is a psychological disorder caused by Satanic influences but Jesus can get rid of all that.

Guest shiloh357

No, that's true. Every gay Christian has to make a serious effort to abandon their homosexual activity, which I would imagine can be extremely difficult, but then again other people who are not homosexual have their own difficulties too.

Homosexuality is a psychological disorder caused by Satanic influences but Jesus can get rid of all that.

"Gay Christian" is a contradiction in terms.   There are NO practicing gays who are Christians, not a single one.  Anyone who practices that sin and claims to be a Christian is either lying or seriously deceived.

The Bible says that those who practice homosexuality will not inherit the KIngdom of God. (I Cor.6:9).   There may be practicing gays who are Christian "religionists," but there are no practicing gays who are also authentic followers of Jesus Christ.

Homosexuality is a spiritual stronghold that only Jesus can deliver from.  There is no personal behavioral reform a homosexual can engage in that will suffice.  

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I still don't get your damnation of homosexuality. It's hardly mentioned in the Bible, IIRC it's only mentioned in Leviticus and Romans.

Guest shiloh357

I still don't get your damnation of homosexuality. It's hardly mentioned in the Bible, IIRC it's only mentioned in Leviticus and Romans.

God calls it an abomination.  How many times does it have to be mentinoed in the Bible to be a sin.  I condemn it because God's condemns it says He hates it.  I love the homosexual community, but I hate their sin and their lifestyle.

People who coddle gays, especially people who claim to love them, are the homosexual's worst enemies.  Christians who tell the homosexual community that they are just fine and that they are not sinning and make them comfortable in their sin, are worse than the Nazis.  Christians who enable and support homosexuality and gay marriage are helping gay people go to hell.   Paul says that those who are gay will not inherit the Kingdom of God.  (I Cor. 6:9)    These Christians will have the blood of homosexual community on their hands because they enabled these people to go to hell.

The most loving thing you can do for a gay person is to confront them about their sn and point them to Jesus.   If you love them you won't let them die without hearing the Gospel and that Jesus can deliver them from their perversion.

If you don't love them, tell them that God doesn't care about their lifestyle and that it's okay to be a homosexual and that its not a sin and sing them to sleep as they move closer and closer to hell.