IGNORED

The Gospel for a Gay Friend

1. Do you think that when GOD talkes about the "Whoredom" of Israel, its "playing the whore" that HE is talking about a literal whore? Most sin is sin against the body.

2. Christ said that He did not come to abolish the LAw but to fulfill it. What do you think he met by that?

3. GOD does not change; his laws, statutes and precepts remain.

4. Not just homosexuality is sinful, but the entire GLBT lifestyle is an abomination to GOD. HE condemns cross-dressers, effeminates, women who act and dress like men.

5. It really doesn't matter whether you or I or anyone else thinks that homosexuality is a sin; if we believe that they are "born that way." GOD says it is a sin, therefore it is. "Christians" who spread such dribble will be held accountable for it, especially if they keep someone from accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior because of it.

6. Christ did not preach the "social gospel" that you are advocating.

7. The prohibitions that you spoke of in the OT books were in place to keep GODs people healthy, clean, and seperate from the other peoples in the lands that HE had given them because of the hygene standards of the time, the materials available, and the fact that GOD knew that by associating with the other peoples in the land, that they would soon assimilate into their society, accept their norms and worship their gods. You sound just like the new wave church, wanting to change the Bible to fit your idea of society. If ait doesn't fit, it must not apply, right? I have a daughter just like you. And you are just as wrong as she is.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

I'm also against men and women having sex before marriage, living together before marriage, divorce (unless necessary for reasons stated in the bible like infidelity and abuse) and a lot of other things that society is trying to normalize.  Except it's only homosexuality that is in the big news because they scream the loudest and calls everyone who doesn't accept their lifestyles a bigot and hater. 

I put this question on Facebook: why is it such big news that a football player comes out as gay!  And wow, it was one of the longest discussions I ever had on there.  It should matter that he's gay.  Why is that the news on the front page?  Why does everyone congratulate him and give him all the attention just because of it?  Does being gay make him a better football player?  Is he special?  Why was it something that needed to be shared?  Before a job interview, I don't go in and make sure everyone knows I'm straight because it doesn't and shouldn't matter.  They want special attention for coming out.  They want the pat on the back and special rights and laws. 

Marriage was created by God and is a religious institution.  They want government and religion separated, but when it comes to marriage, that's fine.  The government can change the definite of marriage as long as it suits their agenda, but keep the rest out. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

IMHO:

The language we use is important.  Choice of language in a debate may determine the outcome of the debate.  It is a debater's trick to force the opponent to use certain language.  Now the term "gay," properly means happy & carefree.  The term "homophobe" is a slur word to demonize the opposition, though there is no such phobia in the DSM, last time I looked.  Objection to sodomy is not based on fear of the sodomist, let along some irrational fear (a phobia).  

So instead of the public talking about queers and morally straight persons, the sodomist wishes to get everyone, including the media and Christians talking about gays and homophobes.

In order to bring the truth into context, it is difficult to avoid calling a spade a spade.  When one speaks about males inserting the male membrum virile into the posterior orifice, right away the practice of this becomes obviously abominable to a non-perverted mind.  And I would have stated this in frank medical terminology, except I am new here & fear being censored.  But as long as we refrain from speaking the frank truth in fear of censorship, the disgusting abomination is hidden.  Speaking of fear, is fear the reason why this thread was named with the word "gay" instead of sodomist?

Homosexual is not a good term either for the debate.  For it is not Biblical to condemn someone for merely preferring the company of one's own sex, or for being disinterested in the opposite sex romantically.  The sin is clearly men lying with men or women lying with women.

What think ye?  Should Christians refuse to go along with the pro-sodomist rhetoric and refrain from using the term "gay" for the sodomist?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

God can and will forgive all sin.   But we cannot live in a sinful lifestyle and say "well I'm under grace so God will forgive me.  

God calls the gay lifestyle an abomination and that is just about as bad as it gets. Remember he loves the sinner but hates the sin.    Read Leviticus 1:22.  Then go to Romans Chapter 1 and read the whole chapter.  Then go to 1 Corinthians 6:9-10.  There are a lot of things that will not inherit the kingdom of Heaven, homosexuality being one of then.  God only has one set of rules, not one for the straight people and one for the gay people.  Read the list in these things that will not inherit the kingdom of Heaven then thank God for making a way for us to be forgiven and have a new heart and life.  Remind  your friend that God loves him and wants to see a new heart and that only God can give him that new heart. Keep  loving him and not condemning him.It sounds as if you want another gospel for your friend.  The gospel is the gospel.  It's the same for all people.   I too have a gay friend.  He is also a Catholic.  He believes that praying to saints and to Mary people can be healed and can get them into Heaven.  I put it bluntly...Don't pray to saints.  They are dead and cannot help help you.  Jesus is the only way to God, no one gets to the Father except through Christ.  He believes there are many way that the Bible is not the only book that has all the answers.  We have had these discussions many times but he remains steadfast and that he is going to heaven and he and his boy friend will be together.  All I can do is pray for him. Because he does not know the truth.

Tell him the truth. Remember his eternity depends on what you  tell him and show him Show him in the word.  All you can do is pray for him then and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.  

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

What strife are we causing?  We are trying not to normalize something that's a sin.  And yes, it's considered a sin and an abomination in both the Old and New Testaments.  You'd set me straight if you saw me sinning, but not a homosexual?  We should constantly be at war with all sin in the world and with the enemy who tries to sucker people into buying his lies that it's okay.  Sins are born in our hearts...not just when they're carried out.  The person who lusts after a married person has already committed adultery even if there was no act of adultery.

But what is the real sin? Homosexuality, or the homophobia? There is much hatred shown from the evangelical community towards the gay community on what, that they are different. We should not discriminate at all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,090
  • Content Per Day:  4.66
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings bestrfc!

I am sorry that you &/or your friend have experienced "hatred' from the evangelical community (I assume in your area?)I can only speak for myself & my church & all our "sister churches" in my own community & we all open our doors & or arms to anyone who comes hungry & thirsty........it's not our job to judge anyone but it is our job not to lie to anyone just to make them comfortable(no matter what sinful lifestyle we are talking about)

Our main concern is introducing the sinner to Jesus,standing by their side as they get to know Him & hopefully to rejoice with them in the joy of their Salvation    If any sinner(gay or whatever)truly comes to Christ with a repentant heart & asks him to be"Lord " of their life then the Holy Spirit will do all the convicting & all the renewing & transforming

Sin is sin,its not a matter of discrimmination....its a matter of being truthful & honest

With love-in Christ,Kwik

There is much hatred shown from the evangelical community towards the gay community on what, that they are different. We should not discriminate at all.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Guest shiloh357

What strife are we causing?  We are trying not to normalize something that's a sin.  And yes, it's considered a sin and an abomination in both the Old and New Testaments.  You'd set me straight if you saw me sinning, but not a homosexual?  We should constantly be at war with all sin in the world and with the enemy who tries to sucker people into buying his lies that it's okay.  Sins are born in our hearts...not just when they're carried out.  The person who lusts after a married person has already committed adultery even if there was no act of adultery.

But what is the real sin? Homosexuality, or the homophobia?

The Bible is unmistakably clear that homosexuality is a genuine sin and that God hates it.  God judges it.    Homophobia is a myth.  It is a fake term used by people like you to demonize others who don't accept homosexuality.      A phobia is an irrational fear.   We are not afraid of gay people.  We simply reflect what the Bible says about that lifestyle.

Yes the real sin here, homosexuality and I would add, advocating for homosexuality, defending it.

There is much hatred shown from the evangelical community towards the gay community on what, that they are different. We should not discriminate at all.

That isn't really true.  The hatred is actually coming from the gay community toward those who don't accept their lifestyle as good or normal.  Gay organizations have shown a high degree of hostility and militancy towards anyone that doesn't accept their lifestyle.  

Most Christians don't hate gays or anyone else.   There a may be a few who do, but it is unfair of you and others to hold up the few who do hate gays as representative of the rest of us. 

Blessings bestrfc!

I am sorry that you &/or your friend have experienced "hatred' from the evangelical community (I assume in your area?)I can only speak for myself & my church & all our "sister churches" in my own community & we all open our doors & or arms to anyone who comes hungry & thirsty........it's not our job to judge anyone but it is our job not to lie to anyone just to make them comfortable(no matter what sinful lifestyle we are talking about)

Our main concern is introducing the sinner to Jesus,standing by their side as they get to know Him & hopefully to rejoice with them in the joy of their Salvation    If any sinner(gay or whatever)truly comes to Christ with a repentant heart & asks him to be"Lord " of their life then the Holy Spirit will do all the convicting & all the renewing & transforming

Sin is sin,its not a matter of discrimmination....its a matter of being truthful & honest

With love-in Christ,Kwik

While I myself have not experienced hatred from the evangelical community (and I myself am straight), I do have several friends who I have met online who have felt strife from their areas evangelical community, one for being gay, the other being atheist. And I know that all evangelical churches are not like that, it's just the loudest ones who give you guys, and ultimately all of Christianity (especially my Roman Catholic faith) a bad name. And here's another thing. Is homosexuality really a sin when compared to the likes of murder? One has proof that the action negatively affects the parties involved, and the community as a whole (murder) but the other (in which is not a sin) is not (homosexuality). And besides, is gay marriage really affecting heterosexual couples marriages? That so called theory makes no sense to me and holds no logic.

But what is the real sin? Homosexuality, or the homophobia?

The Bible is unmistakably clear that homosexuality is a genuine sin and that God hates it.  God judges it.    Homophobia is a myth.  It is a fake term used by people like you to demonize others who don't accept homosexuality.      A phobia is an irrational fear.   We are not afraid of gay people.  We simply reflect what the Bible says about that lifestyle.

Yes the real sin here, homosexuality and I would add, advocating for homosexuality, defending it.

That isn't really true.  The hatred is actually coming from the gay community toward those who don't accept their lifestyle as good or normal.  Gay organizations have shown a high degree of hostility and militancy towards anyone that doesn't accept their lifestyle.  

Most Christians don't hate gays or anyone else.   There a may be a few who do, but it is unfair of you and others to hold up the few who do hate gays as representative of the rest of us.

Well if it were true that the hatred is from the homosexual community, then how do,you explain gay people committing suicide out of being bullied, more often than not in the Bible Belt, and being bullied by people who would generally call themselves Christians?