IGNORED

The Gospel for a Gay Friend

Guest shiloh357

Humans are not capable of not committing sin.  So, what are the criteria for giving yourself to Christ but still sinning?  Anyone here who says a gay person should not get into the kingdom needs to cast the first stone – there is but one judge, he was sinless, and he is judging you as well…

The problem isn't that we are saying that a gay person should not get into heaven.   God said it Himself ~ I Cor. 6:9   We are simply saying what the Bible already says.  We are not judging gay people.  We don't need to.  They are already under God's judgment.   We are letting them know what God says about their sin.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

We are letting them know what God says about their sin.

Would it help you if I let you know about your sin?  You know that you cannot stop sinning - no matter how badly you want to.  So, in God's eyes, you are no  better than the gay people you rail against...you don't want to sin but you do.  There is only one Man who could not sin.  Throw your stone and run underneath it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

"Gay" means happy & carefree.

One is advancing the propaganda-vocabulary purpose of those who practice sodomy by calling them "gay," just as one may advance fornication by calling it, "being sexually active."  I recommend using Biblical terminology.

Guest shiloh357

We are letting them know what God says about their sin.

Would it help you if I let you know about your sin?  You know that you cannot stop sinning - no matter how badly you want to.  So, in God's eyes, you are no  better than the gay people you rail against...you don't want to sin but you do.  There is only one Man who could not sin.  Throw your stone and run underneath it.

I am no better than anyone,even homosexuals.   Its' not a matter of being better. It is a matter of accepting the free gift of salvation from sin that Jesus offers.   But that first means I had to go to Jesus and accept His forgiveness in order to no longer be under His judgement.   God hates the homosexual lifestyle but He is willing to forgive anyone who comes to Him and repents.

Christianity is one beggar telling another beggar where he found bread.   The homosexuals are sinners and they need forgiveness just like those of us who were never homosexuals. We all need the same forgiveness.   I am simply telling gay people that they need it and where they can find it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

But there is a huge difference between making a mistake in judgement or a momentary weakness and in living a life of willful, habitual sin.  

We all live a life of habitual sin.  We are born into it, and we will sin all our lives.  Your mistake in judgment is no different than any other sin.  We cannot earn heaven; it has to be given to us, and once it has, cannot be lost. 

"Gay" means happy & carefree.

One is advancing the propaganda-vocabulary purpose of those who practice sodomy by calling them "gay," just as one may advance fornication by calling it, "being sexually active."  I recommend using Biblical terminology.

A word can only have one meaning?  And why do you get to decide who uses it and in what context?  I think you are taking a little too much on yourself there.

Using the word "gay" does not mean that anyone is advancing some form of homosexual propaganda.  That assertion is ridiculous.  It is not necessary to brand homosexuals as sodomites every time the subject is discussed.  In a forum such as this, when the word "gay" is used, people are quite familiar with the term, what it means, and the actions it denotes.

IMHO:

I don't mean to insinuate that the poster of the topic meant to advance the sodomist agenda.  But I do call attention to the importance of the vocabulary we use.  The sodomist wants to use a certain vocabulary to advance his ends (gay & homophobe).  The vocabulary is important in the cultural war.  As to "homosexual," that is another confusing term, which should be avoided.  One should not oppose the idea that some men prefer the company of their own sex -- that is not an issue.  To keep the issue in proper focus requires Biblical terms.  The issue regarding men is "men lying with men" and behavior typical of the city of Sodom. 

To call them gay is a misnomer.

Humans are not capable of not committing sin.  So, what are the criteria for giving yourself to Christ but still sinning?  Anyone here who says a gay person should not get into the kingdom needs to cast the first stone – there is but one judge, he was sinless, and he is judging you as well…

We are not saying that.  God says that.  Everyone sins.  But there is a huge difference between making a mistake in judgement or a momentary weakness and in living a life of willful, habitual sin.  When people say that a person can be "gay" and still be "Christian," then they totally remove repentance from Christianity.  They discard it completely, meaning that you could now repetitively commit anything God calls a sin until the day you die with complete impunity, and more to the point, without repenting and turning away from it.

Homosexuality is a sin.  There is no credible debate, from a biblical standpoint, that it is not a sin, because the Bible states very clearly that it is a sin in both the Old and New Testament.  It doesn't have to repeat that it is a sin in every chapter of every book for those statements that it is a sin to have validity.  The expectation when one becomes a Christian is always that gross repetitive and willful sin will cease.  If one is committing a sin such as homosexuality or adultery over and over and over again, and saying it is perfectly acceptable to do so, they are not repentant, and they are not sorry for the sin. 

My bro, "homosexuality" is not a sin.  Neither does the Bible use such language.  Probably you & I don't disagree on the substance, but the vocabulary.  "Homosexual" confuses the issue.  Psychologists might call boys at a certain age homosexual, because they prefer to play with boys instead of with girls.  Preference of company is not the issue.  Loving (agape) persons of the same sex, is not the issue.  The proper terms are "men lying with men" and Sodomite.  If you describe precisely the abominable practice, you will probably find yourself censored here.  But it is by describing precisely what is done that the abomination appears.

Fornication comes in many varieties, and it is a sin characteristic of heading to the Lake of Fire.

Guest shiloh357

But there is a huge difference between making a mistake in judgement or a momentary weakness and in living a life of willful, habitual sin.  

We all live a life of habitual sin.  We are born into it, and we will sin all our lives.  Your mistake in judgment is no different than any other sin.  We cannot earn heaven; it has to be given to us, and once it has, cannot be lost. 

You're missing the point.   No one is saying that one sin is worse than another.   What is being compared is the difference between an individual lapse and a lifestyle of sin. I think you are capable knowing the difference between a person who lies one time to get out of trouble and a person who makes a habit of lying so much so that they cannot be trusted by anyone.

Homosexuality is a lifestyle that God hates and He says so.  He hates all sin, but what I have found is that people try to defend homosexuality by trying to drag everyone else's sins into the discussion.   That kind of tactic doens't change the fact that God says that those who practice homosexuality will not enter the Kingdom of God.   Nothing you say will change the Bible's position on it.

Trying to muddy the water about which is sin is worse is a futile line of argumentation.

Guest shiloh357

We are not saying that.  God says that.  Everyone sins.  But there is a huge difference between making a mistake in judgement or a momentary weakness and in living a life of willful, habitual sin.  When people say that a person can be "gay" and still be "Christian," then they totally remove repentance from Christianity.  They discard it completely, meaning that you could now repetitively commit anything God calls a sin until the day you die with complete impunity, and more to the point, without repenting and turning away from it.

Homosexuality is a sin.  There is no credible debate, from a biblical standpoint, that it is not a sin, because the Bible states very clearly that it is a sin in both the Old and New Testament.  It doesn't have to repeat that it is a sin in every chapter of every book for those statements that it is a sin to have validity.  The expectation when one becomes a Christian is always that gross repetitive and willful sin will cease.  If one is committing a sin such as homosexuality or adultery over and over and over again, and saying it is perfectly acceptable to do so, they are not repentant, and they are not sorry for the sin. 

My bro, "homosexuality" is not a sin.  Neither does the Bible use such language.  Probably you & I don't disagree on the substance, but the vocabulary.  "Homosexual" confuses the issue.  Psychologists might call boys at a certain age homosexual, because they prefer to play with boys instead of with girls.  Preference of company is not the issue.  Loving (agape) persons of the same sex, is not the issue.  The proper terms are "men lying with men" and Sodomite.  If you describe precisely the abominable practice, you will probably find yourself censored here.  But it is by describing precisely what is done that the abomination appears.

Fornication comes in many varieties, and it is a sin characteristic of heading to the Lake of Fire.

It doesn't matter what you call it.   Homosexuality is a sin.

"Humans are not capable of not committing sin."

Where does the Bible say that?  Christians are capable of abiding in Christ & walking by the Spirit.  Now to be sure we sin a lot, but at no time is sin necessary for a Christian.

You refer to an apocryphal story in corrupt texts of John 8 about throwing the first stone -- not in the oldest manuscripts & contrary IMHO to the rest of the Bible.

It is all fornicators (not just men who lie with men) who have a destiny in the Lake of Fire.

As to judging, we are to judge righteous judgment.  There is nothing improper about citizens voting guilty when on a jury.  There is nothing wrong with a church excommunicating gross sinners (see Mat 18 & 1 Cor 6).  The sin of judging is jumping to conclusions for which you have insufficient or no evidence or assuming heart motives, which no one can know.