Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shaney777

A Plea for Understanding

27 posts in this topic

This is my first post here, and I am just going to throw my main objection to Christianity out there. This is really a call for understanding, though.

If there really is a "truth" to reality, how is man supposed to sort through the plethora of religious/philosophical information, find the reliable stuff, and develop a worldview that has no serious objections? History's brightest disagree on why humans are here. How can this not mean that we'll never know the truth? How does it not mean that there isn't a truth?

If the same Holy Spirit instructs believers on the true meanings of scripture, why are there so many sincere Christians with different interpretations of how to gain salvation (the most important thing that could possibly be known)?

Thank you for your time, 
Shane

This is my first post here, and I am just going to throw my main objection to Christianity out there. This is really a call for understanding, though.

If there really is a "truth" to reality, how is man supposed to sort through the plethora of religious/philosophical information, find the reliable stuff, and develop a worldview that has no serious objections? History's brightest disagree on why humans are here. How can this not mean that we'll never know the truth? How does it not mean that there isn't a truth?

If the same Holy Spirit instructs believers on the true meanings of scripture, why are there so many sincere Christians with different interpretations of how to gain salvation (the most important thing that could possibly be known)?

Thank you for your time, 

Shane

There is only one way to salvation and that is through the Lord Jesus Christ.   He died on the cross to save us from our sins, there is no other way.

....my main objection to Christianity....

....how is man supposed to sort through the plethora of religious/philosophical information, find the reliable stuff, and develop a worldview that has no serious objections....

....If the same Holy Spirit instructs believers on the true meanings of scripture, why are there so many sincere Christians with different interpretations of how to gain salvation....

~

Simple

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Read Your Bible And Pray

A Worthy welcome to you!  If you will ask Jesus for yourself, not listen to so many other voices, just wait on His "still small voice", then you will find the answers to what you seek.  IMHO

I think there are so many different religions because there are so many different people.  Some listen to the Word of God and follow, and some make up the rules for themselves, the "truth" that they want to hear.

The best thing to do is what was mentioned in another response, just pray and read your Bible each day.  I am praying for you, too.  

The one thing I do know is that He did not die for nothing!  "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life...."  Jesus Christ

Peace to you and God bless you much,

PrairWarur

John 14:6

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

The advice you got about just being still and hearing that still small voice is just what you should do.

Jesus "I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except through Me.

The Bible tells us we are to walk by faith and not by sight.  Walk knowing that the Father will never let you go and that He loves you with an unconditional love.  Bask in that love instead of trying to figure everything out.  I heard faith as this

"Walk to the edge of all the light you can see and then take one more step."  I love that because that is what faith it, taking that one more step, knowing that it's going to be OK because God has already been there and He knows the ground is solid on the other side.

Much love to you, Shane...

Having been on both sides of the fence...for a long long time ...Without Hope on the one side; almost dying a real death without Him (God) in my life...and With Hope on the other; coming To Know The One True God and The Christ Whom He sent (John 17:3), Well...it's just that my desire now is for Life and not death...And that Life Is In Him...so I will make time to Read (The Loving and Living Word, Whew) and Pray (Which is the only way to communicate with Him)...to gather together with others that believe...and hear The Word preached...and so as a result I have been led and guided into All Truth...and for thousands and thousands and millions to believe the same thing I do and we all live in different parts all over the whole world...Ummm...Something good is going on...and He is bigger than all of us...(I tried being my own god...didn't work out so well)

And as far as I know there is only one way to the Father and that is through Jesus Christ...John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

We are all in different places on the journey...His Word (The Bible) describes all of it...Every answer is in there somewhere...and so some of us have come to the place of Loving God and Our Neighbor as ourself...to the very best of our ability...

Romans 10:8-11 is amazing...As is all of God's Word...[8] But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): [9] that if you  confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. [10] For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. [11] For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."

I didn't know I needed saving...but when I finally knew it...He was there...The Goodness of God leads us to repentance...Romans 2:4

Much love and I pray you find The Way, The Truth and The Life...He is Amazing!!!

Welcome to worthy! There is only one way to salvation and that is through Jesus Christ. God made us all different. There are different belief systems held by all people; however the Christian fath should have roughly the same Christian values. In the body of Christ there many denominations and that is because God created us all different. There are slight differences in belief within denominations.But most all true Christians hold the same core values.

I suggest you read your bible and pray that God would give you understanding and point you in thedirection you should go.In the meantime I hope you enjoy your time at worthy and maybe even find new friends here.

Please read the bible and understand it and am sure god will give you the wisdom.

Hi Shaney! I understand you are wondering why this God over all other gods? 

I suggest that you ask God himself to show you the truth. If you are sincere in your pursuit of truth, if you are open to the idea that God exists as described in the bible, if you can cast aside your doubt and willing to believe in truth--whatever it is--and PRAY to God, I am sure He will show you Himself. Our God loves us but we must open up ourselves to Him. He is a gentleman. 

Not all believers are led by Holy Spirit. Many people profess to be Christians yet dont read Bible or attend church regularly, or even follow the 10 commandments. But the Scripture is Word of God, and it says Jesus is the only way, and you must repent of your sins once and for all. When people step outside the Scripture, they are prone to error.

Hi Shaney. You just got to open up your heart and let the Holy Spirit do the rest. It is a force that you cannot possibly resist.