• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

By:  Marshall Ramsey II, Worthy News U.S. Correspondent

ABYDOS, Egypt (WorthyNews)- An amazing discovery has been made that will cause controversy for many years to come.

As you may have heard, the tomb of a previously unknown Egyptian pharaoh, Woseribre Senebkay, was found at South Abydos in Sohag province about 300 miles south of Cairo, Egypt.  Woseribre (also spelled Waseribre) is believed to be a king of a forgotten Abydos dynasty that ruled from about 1650-1600 B.C.

According to an article at www.discovery.com, the tomb was found by people from the University of Pennsylvania working with Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities.  'It rested in a four-chambered tomb amidst the fragmented debris of his coffin, funerary mask and canopic chest. Such chests were used to contain the organs of an individual.'

The evidence offered that Waseribre Sebenkay is Judah, son of Israel, is in the name.

A was in ancient Egypt is often called a scepter.  In Genesis 49, when the patriarch Israel was giving blessings to his children, he said this concerning Judah:  "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."

As is common among ancient cultures, vowels are not used when spelling.  This can give a wide variety of spellings of the same name.  In this case, Woseribre could be spelled Waseribre, Waseriber, Wasreibre, and others.

Another feature of ancient cultures, including some modern ones in northern Africa, is to worship ones ancestors.  Occasionally, these ancestors would be deified, perhaps being referred to by other names.  In the case of Israel, he was called Kronos by the Greeks.(3) According to the Phoenician historian Sanchuniathon, Kronos (called Israel by them) had a special son named Zhe-ut.  Zhe-ut is a variation of the Greek word Zeus, both of which are variations of the word Yehudah, or Judah.  This establishes a link that sometimes real-life people take on mythological names, whether the name was taken by themselves or given them by later generations.

Judah also came to be known by other names, including Djehuty and Thoth.  The father of Thoth was Re/Ra, the Egyptian sun god.  As Thoth is Judah, and Thoth is the son of Ra, this would make Re Israel.

Take a look back at the name of the newly discovered pharaoh, Woseribre.  Woser, or Wasre would be rendered, given the information above, scepter of Re.  Judah, when receiving his father's blessing was associated with the scepter.  The scepter was a staff that signaled that the bearer of the staff was the new head of the tribe.  Judah, who is Thoth, and identified with the scepter, thus takes on the name Woser, or Wasre.

The next part of Waseribre Senebkay's first name is ibre.  Ib is likened to the Muslim word ibn, which means son.  With Re having previously being identified as Israel, ibre is thus rendered "son of Israel."  Combined with the first part Waser, Waseribre, is rendered "scepter of Israel, the son of Israel."  This is a clear identification of Waseribre as Judah ben Israel.

The word Senebkay also points to Judah.  Judah is identified Genesis with a lion.  Lions are known for power and strength.  Seneb in Egyptian is rendered power/strength.  This would give the interpretation of Wasreibre Senebkay as "scepter of Israel, the son of Israel, the lion."  I am unsure as to what the suffix 'kay' means, however, it appears that it would not affect the meaning of the name Woseribre Senebkay, and its identification as Judah the son of Israel.

www.discovery.com contributed to this report.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Another feature of ancient cultures, including some modern ones in northern Africa, is to worship ones ancestors.  Occasionally, these ancestors would be deified, perhaps being referred to by other names.  In the case of Israel, he was called Kronos by the Greeks.(3) According to the Phoenician historian Sanchuniathon, Kronos (called Israel by them) had a special son named Zhe-ut.  Zhe-ut is a variation of the Greek word Zeus, both of which are variations of the word Yehudah, or Judah.  This establishes a link that sometimes real-life people take on mythological names, whether the name was taken by themselves or given them by later generations.

Dear "Da Servant",

The next time you mention surprising information like this and include a footnote reference to it, would you please actually provide that footnote reference?

I've been having to look this up on my own, and kept getting led to the Lost Tribes settling in Britain sites.  :fryingpan: 

That said, it is a very fascinating interpretation, and I hope other people will look into this.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

That said, it is a very fascinating interpretation, and I hope other people will look into this.

I actually went through and tried to eliminate the reference notes.  I guess I missed one.  Here is a link to where you can investigate the references:  http://conspiracyprophecyguy.blogspot.com/2014/01/burial-place-of-judah-ben-israel-found.html

I actually went through and tried to eliminate the reference notes.  I guess I missed one.  Here is a link to where you can investigate the references:  http://conspiracyprophecyguy.blogspot.com/2014/01/burial-place-of-judah-ben-israel-found.html

OK, thanks!

I do not understand why you wanted to eliminate references, though.

If this tie-in is correct, how fascinating would that be!

Guest shiloh357

If the genuine tomb of Judah had really been found, it would be in every archeological journal, particular the Biblical Archeology Review.   This is really nothing and a complete fabrication.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone,

It is interesting but it does not even make sense to me,how would Judah become an Egyptian Pharoah?Very confusing to say the least.

With love,min Christ-Kwik

Guest shiloh357

Blessings Everyone,

It is interesting but it does not even make sense to me,how would Judah become an Egyptian Pharoah?Very confusing to say the least.

With love,min Christ-Kwik

Yes, it doesn't make sense. The rulerships of the Pharoahs were dynastic in nature and it would not have been likely that Judah, who would have been a very old man by the time he settled in Goshen at the end of Genesis, would have been elevated to Pharoah. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Shiloh

Exactly......and although it does not mention in the Bible,according to the Book of Jasher ,Judah was said to have lived to be 129yrs old & his bones placed in a coffin that was carried by the Israelites in the Exodus...which of course would mean that he was finally laid to rest somewhere outside of Egypt....I do believe I read somewhere that there is a tomb in Yehud,Israel that is supposed to be where Judah lies?I don't know if any of this is factual as none of it is written about in the  Torah but it makes much more sense than Judah being named an unknown pharoah entombed in Egypt.....

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Guest shiloh357

You are right, kwik.

The thing is that while the Bible mentions books like Enoch and Jasher, that doesn't mean that those books were part of what the Jews considered Scripure.  I think some modern folks don't understand the process of canonization and the principle of inspiration and those things work.  They mistakenly assume that Jasher and Enoch were considered Scripture.   The Bible uses those books as historical references and cites them to make didactic points, but never presents them as Scripture, and never refers to them as the word of the Lord.