Spock

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Does anybody see any similarities between these two passages, particularly, the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Compare the first four seals to the passage I am citing below in Ezekiel 14.

Do you see any similarities that perhaps we can use to help interpret rev 6? Thanks in advance.

12The word of the Lord came to me: 13“Son of man, if a country sins against me by being unfaithful and I stretch out my hand against it to cut off its food supply and send famine upon it and kill its people and their animals, 14even if these three men—Noah, Daniela and Job—were in it, they could save only themselves by their righteousness, declares the Sovereign Lord.

15“Or if I send wild beasts through that country and they leave it childless and it becomes desolate so that no one can pass through it because of the beasts, 16as surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, even if these three men were in it, they could not save their own sons or daughters. They alone would be saved, but the land would be desolate.

17“Or if I bring a sword against that country and say, ‘Let the sword pass throughout the land,’ and I kill its people and their animals, 18as surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, even if these three men were in it, they could not save their own sons or daughters. They alone would be saved.

19“Or if I send a plague into that land and pour out my wrath on it through bloodshed, killing its people and their animals, 20as surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, even if Noah, Daniel and Job were in it, they could save neither son nor daughter. They would save only themselves by their righteousness.

Ezekiel 14:

21“For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: How much worse will it be when I send against Jerusalem my four dreadful judgments—sword and famine and wild beasts and plague—to kill its men and their animals! 22Yet there will be some survivors—sons and daughters who will be brought out of it. They will come to you, and when you see their conduct and their actions, you will be consoled regarding the disaster I have brought on Jerusalem—every disaster I have brought on it. 23You will be consoled when you see their conduct and their actions, for you will know that I have done nothing in it without cause, declares the Sovereign Lord.”

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

You can also compare Revelation 6 to Zechariah 1:8-11

Does anybody see any similarities between these two passages, particularly, the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Compare the first four seals to the passage I am citing below in Ezekiel 14.

Do you see any similarities that perhaps we can use to help interpret rev 6? Thanks in advance.

What specific word or scripture in Ez 14:12-23 reminds you of Rev 6.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

14:21 doesn't sound the first four seals in rev 6?

14:21 doesn't sound the first four seals in rev 6?

King Nebuchadnezzar was from Biblical times so no, this is not speaking about the future seals in Rev 6. Rather, these were birth pains in the times of King Neb. (Ez 14:21 "For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: How much worse will it be when I send against Jerusalem my four dreadful judgments--sword and famine and wild beasts and plague--to kill its men and their animals!)

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/14-21.htm

For thus saith the Lord God, how much more,.... If the Lord would not be entreated by such good men as those mentioned, for a land that had sinned against him, to whom he only sends some one of the above judgments, either famine, or noisome beasts, or the sword, or the pestilence, how much more inexorable and deaf to all entreaties must he be; or if anyone of those judgments makes so great a desolation in the land, then how much greater must that detraction be,

when I send my four sore judgments on Jerusalem: or "evil" (a) ones; as they are to men, though righteously inflicted by the Lord; when all these four are sent together, what a devastation must they make! namely,

the sword, and the famine, and the, noisome beast, and the pestilence,

to cut off from it man and beast; three of them, it is evident, were sent upon Jerusalem at the time of its siege by Nebuchadnezzar, the sword, famine, and pestilence; and no doubt the other, even the noisome beasts; and if not literally, yet figuratively, for Nebuchadnezzar himself is compared to a lion, Jeremiah 4:7.

http://www.easyenglish.info/bible-commentary/ezekiel1-24-lbw.htm - Verse 21-23 The previous verses had not mentioned Jerusalem and Judah by name. But now God says that he will bring these 4 *disasters on Jerusalem. But a few people will escape. The *Lord will send them into *exile in Babylon. Then the *exiles will see how evil were the deeds of those in Jerusalem. They will understand why God punished them. They will know that God was right to do it. The people in Jerusalem and Judah deserved it. God does not punish for no reason. He had been kind to these people for a long time. But now God had to act because the *sins of the people were so severe. They did not deserve to live.