IGNORED

Darwin's Illegitimate Brainchild

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Even if a scientist is a mass murdering pedophile, that would still have zero effect on the veracity of their claims.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Given that evolution is the Genesis for the racist eugenics of Margaret Sanger and the madness of Hitler's murders of over 11 million people, I find your statement rather telling.  

Guest shiloh357

The concept of evolution by natural selection is sometimes referred to as Charles Darwin’s brainchild, and indeed he often referred to it in his letters to his friends as his dear ‘child’. However, this is a far cry from the facts. At best it was an adopted child; at worst an illegitimate child.

http://creation.com/charles-darwins-illegitimate-brainchild

How is any child "illegitimate"?  All children are conceived in the same way - no difference among them at all. Why are you disparaging children to try to make a point about a scientific theory with which you disagree?  Sorry, that is a very poor and mean analogy.

The point is that Darwin took credit for something that he didn't originate.  He was not an honest man.  

How does that impact the veracity of the theory of evolution?  There are many discoveries that happened at the same time independently.  Research calculus.

If a man is dishonest at his core, if he is willing to completely plagiarize and accept credit for something he did not really originate, why would you trust anything else he has to say???    Wouldn't the credibility of his clams be suspect?   If he is willing to lie about his research as if it was his idea alone, why would you trust him in anything else he has to say about his research???

I would say his integrity would have a huge impact on the credibility of his claims about Evolution.

But if people are so adamant about evolution that they would accept  the word of a liar simply to protect the theory, it is a sad statement about humanity in general.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But if the theory of evolution was popularized by someone else, one of the men that Darwin built his theory upon, and was named after him rather than Darwin, could you still disclaim the theory based on authorship?

(I'm arguing this from a neutral perspective.)

Guest shiloh357

But if the theory of evolution was popularized by someone else, one of the men that Darwin built his theory upon, and was named after him rather than Darwin, could you still disclaim the theory based on authorship?

Not on the basis of authorship, but on the basis of it not being a genuine theory.   I mean the argument agaisnt evolution would go to the fact that it was postualted before modern science even existed.   It would discredit the theory even more if it were an earlier invention from someone else.  

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Not on the basis of authorship, but on the basis of it not being a genuine theory.   I mean the argument agaisnt evolution would go to the fact that it was postualted before modern science even existed.   It would discredit the theory even more if it were an earlier invention from someone else.  

I'm not following your train of thought in this. Sorry. Would you expand on that please?

(Again, I'm not arguing against you, nor arguing for evolution by any means.)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Suppose we discovered Einstein to not only be a cad, but a habitual liar and so on. Should we, in that circumstance, stop using the theory of relativity?

The case is even more stark here insofar as, Darwin didn't even know what physical mechanism was behind evolution, and his guess was wrong. Since we know about genes now, the theory is on a firmer scientific foundation than it ever was during Darwin's time.

Guest shiloh357

Suppose we discovered Einstein to not only be a cad, but a habitual liar and so on. Should we, in that circumstance, stop using the theory of relativity?

That is a spurious comparison.   The issue is not about Darwin simply being a liar.  The issue is wether or not Darwin illegitimatley took credit for an idea that wasn't his.  It is a specific kind  of lie we are dealing with.

If you are a graduate student in a university and you present a thesis or dissertation  and it is discovered that even a paragraph was lifted from someone else without proper attribution and presented as your own, you can be subject to any number of disciplinary actions up to expulsion from the university, depending on that university's policy.

No credit will be given to the correctness of your information.   Your credibility and your honor are in the toilet after something like that.  You will forefeit the degree you were endeavoring to obtain.

Yet when it comes to Darwin and possibility that he took undue credit for an idea that wasn't his own, the attitude seems to be, "So what?"   Why don't we hold Darwin to the same level that we would any graduate student of science?

The case is even more stark here insofar as, Darwin didn't even know what physical mechanism was behind evolution, and his guess was wrong. Since we know about genes now, the theory is on a firmer scientific foundation than it ever was during Darwin's time.

Given what is known now about the single cell and the complexity it contains, had Evolution been introduced TODAY instead of over a century and a half ago, it would never have gotten off the ground.

Guest shiloh357

I'm not following your train of thought in this. Sorry. Would you expand on that please?

(Again, I'm not arguing against you, nor arguing for evolution by any means.)

What I mean is that Evolution isn't a theory.   It is an untested hypothesis.   The fact that this hypothesis pre-dates even Darwin means that it isn't scientific. It is an assumption that isn't based in science, but rooted in an unbelief in the Scriptures during the age of enlightenment.  

So if Evolution predates even Darwin that discredits evolution as being scientific and only shows that it is an untestable hypothesis with no basis in reality.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

What theory might that be??...please be very Specific concerning the Tenets?

Are you talking about "Macro" Evolution?  If so, lets see how "firm" that foundation is with Genetics.....Provide your "Scientific Evidence"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

shiloh alright. Let's say he was a complete liar, took false credit and so on. If anything, that means we should think about renaming the theory, but that doesn't make the theory itself any more or less true about the world.