• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/10/1989

Ten years ago, my older sister was brutally raped and beaten nearly to death by a man she once considered her friend. She got pregnant and made the choice to keep the baby.What came was a beautiful angel of a little girl. My older little niece. Her attacker got thirty-five years in prison. Ten for rape, twenty-five for attempted murder. Well, now he went and killed a prison guard who tried to break up a fight between him and another inmate. He stabbed him several times. Now he's awaiting trial and could get the death penalty. Here I am hoping he will and I know as a Christian, I shouldn't.

Beloved You Are In Good Hands

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Romans 12:19

Confess Your Sins

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

And Be Blessed

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Praying~!

I'm also asking you pray for that guard's family.

The death penalty is Biblical.  If I were in your shoes, I would feel the same way, because I wouldn't want someone like that ever getting out of prison or harming anyone else.  The man isn't even safe when locked up.  You have nothing to feel bad about.  The man should get the death penalty. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Hope for the death penalty-not out of spite but for justice, and pray he finds Jesus before he goes.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Grew up in Florida (my teen years anyway) I know what kind of whack jobs there are down there...

Do not think less of yourself for being human about this subject. Just don't be like most who lie to themselves and others about the way they truly feel. Read the Psalms and the imprecatory prayers... be honest with God and yourself and if there needs be any changing the two of you will certainly manage.

I do pray for the families of all this evil person has hurt.

I hope he finds Jesus before they pump in the potassium chloride.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

It sometimes helps me to remember that but for God in my life, I might be just as perverted, corrupt and heartless as that man. I deserve the death penalty for my sins, too, but Jesus took that upon Himself for my sake, so I might live in His righteousness. I do hope that he gets the death penalty because our God is also a God of justice and righteousness. But I am so thankful that He is a God of grace. It is hard to believe that He could love such and evil person and come to die for him. But it does help me to get a glimpse of how deep and wide and high God's love is--so beyond our comprehension.

Willa

Well, the trial starts in early March. He does not stand a chance in that county. It's a rather red area so I doubt any prosecutor won't ask for the death penalty. Maybe a merciful jury will give him life.

Edited by SemperFidelis07

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/04/1986

FresnoJoe put it best with the very first scripture he quoted.

On a personal level, of course you are going to want revenge! It's our human nature to get back at those who have wronged us or our loved ones. We need to realize that God is the ultimate judge. Not us, not the Supreme Court, not local judges, etc. Sure this perpetrator may received years in prison, or even a death penalty, but what's 70 million times worse than those would be his soul in Hell for eternity.

There is always an opportunity for foregiveness, no matter how extreme the crime was. When Jesus was hanging on that cross bleeding to death, in his mind, right next to you and I, was that man's name. Even 2000 years ago before me, you, or he was born, Christ knew and wanted to die for his sins.

I pray that he will find Salvation before he meets his ultimate end. Weather by death penalty or other causes. I pray that your family as well as your own heart is not troubled for years to come on this matter as I know it has probably brought about a lot of painful memories and monents for yall. I couldn't imagine going through what your sister did and I hope that it does not ever happen again.

P.S.: I bet your niece is a very beautiful young girl and has brought many blessings to your life.

P.S.S.: I'm a prison guard in a federal prison myself so I also know the pain it was to the guard who's life was taken. Praying for them as well.