Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nebula

Peace doves released by pope attacked by predatory birds

43 posts in this topic

Angry birds attack peace doves released by Pope Francis

January 27, 2014 - 8:46AM

Two white doves that were released by children standing alongside Pope Francis as a peace gesture have been attacked by other birds.

As tens of thousands of people watched in St. Peter's Square on Sunday, a seagull and a large black crow swept down on the doves right after they were set free from an open window of the Apostolic Palace.

Read more

Well,that is not a good thing.A premonition?

hilarious, is what it is. to bad it wasnt a bald eagle lol.

Why is it hilarious?

Why is it hilarious?

lol I see you don't have much appreciation for irony. We live in a world at war, always have. The catholic church, has even been at the heart of many of these wars. and they release "doves" as a sign of peace, only to have them taken down by warlike birds. its ironic. And I enjoy irony. 

It's also ironic because so many in our society think that spreading good vibes of peace will make everything better, symbolized by the releasing of the doves. Reality however is that there are those who seek to destroy and no amount of good will can stop them.

WW 2 should have taught people that. But you know what they say about those that don't learn from history.

The pope recently called Islam a religion of peace. He launches his doves and they get savaged by the predators. That's appeasement for you.

Why is it hilarious?

lol I see you don't have much appreciation for irony. We live in a world at war, always have. The catholic church, has even been at the heart of many of these wars. and they release "doves" as a sign of peace, only to have them taken down by warlike birds. its ironic. And I enjoy irony. 

I see your point.A little sarcasm in there....hey?

mister-rogers-lets-be-together-today_l.j

All right :thumbsup:  I liked Mr.Rogers.....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0