• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

anyway, while the title maybe misleading-the article is not. it said what she said-but then went on to speculate why. 

I see your point, but the speculation presented by this and similar articles apparently actually have put her in the cross-hairs she was trying to avoid, which is why she posted her defense statement.

So, you are correct about the article, if that one didn't add the "or may she left because of the gay marriages" speculation, like I read in another article. But a misleading title does set the stage for how one interprets the article, so in that sense it is misleading.

Anyway, I didn't respond to fight against you or your intentions, just to bring clarity to everyone who read this and other reports like it that Natalie never stated why she left, nor did she intend to. I thought it fair to her for this to be pointed out. That's all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I agree the article did lead people to jump to conclusions but that's the media for you. I think she woulda been better off if she had just stated her reasons but hind sights 20/20. Problem is with today's liberal media no matter what you do as a Christan your likely gonna get dragged through the more.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

Apparently there was a marriage ceremony onstage conducted by Queen Latifa. Many of the couples were same sex. The song I heard briefly on the radio clip this morning began with words to the effect of, "It doesn't matter which god you worship, they all lead to the same place, it doesn't matter who you love because love is all the same." It was clearly an open display and approval of homosexuality, and it was slap in the face of anyone who thinks differently.

I read about this... Very disturbing.

Now hold on there a minute, Bobba-Louie!  I happen to know a few Grammys who are wonderful women and love their grandbabies very much!  Not all Grammys are bad grammys!  The Grammys I know are right up there with Santa Claus with the twinkle in their eyes and all!  These Grammys are totally committed to praying for their children and grandchildren and they are the "glue" that holds the entire family together.

Now, having said that and bringing you all into understanding, on a more serious note, I want to suggest a full-out blitz on this evil that threatens our young.

I have suggested to many people that we choose an entertainer and pray diligently for them for a period of time.  Let's pick Katy Perry for now.  Her father is a preacher and I know nothing about him, or his family, but I would imagine his daughter is breaking his heart.  For a fellow believer and brother in Christ, we can do this!  We might even consider a prayer thread where we select various singers and/or famous people who are in need of Christ and focus on them.

I can testify to the results of prayer hits like this and have seen the power of prayer and the way it has affected famous people.  In my day, short of 100 years ago, there were popular bands and groups that we prayed for and they have now come to know the Lord.  Some of you remember Grand Funk Railroad whose lead singer, Mark Farner, now sings for the Lord.  Another example is the rock group, Kansas.  Not only has their lead singer become a Christian, but other members of the band have, too.  Kerry Livgren and John Elefante, John being the more famous in contemporary Christian music, have both written and preformed wonderful and very uplifting Christian songs.

A very controversial artist, Bryan Welch, was saved and sings for God and another artist who is being prayed for is Marshal Mathers aka. Eminem.  I do not think he has committed himself to the Lord yet, but he has definitely cleaned up his life.  He is no longer addicted to drugs and that is a start.  I continue to pray for him.

I will begin now with a prayer for Katy and you all can decide if this is something that you want to join.

Our Dear Lord and Father God, we praise You Lord and we thank You for loving us and saving us through Your Son Jesus Christ.  We know, Lord, that it is Your will that all come to the knowledge of salvation, for this is stated in Your Holy Word.

Lord, we lift up Katy Perry to You now, in Jesus' precious Name, and by His blood, Dear Lord, that You reach Katy and save her.  Do this for Your glory, Lord.  Do this for her father, Lord, and because we have asked You.  Lord, our hearts break at the evil influence affecting our young ones.  We long to see such talented young people like Katy serving You.

You gave us music, Lord, and You have blessed us by this, but the devil has stolen some of it away and we are know joining in agreement to take it back.

You have told us in Your Word, Lord, that whatever we bind on earth is bound in heaven and whatever we loose on earth is loosed in heaven, so we now bind up the evil influence behind this music and we loose the power of the Holy Spirit to take control over the thoughts, the words, the singers and the writers of these songs that they will turn away from the devil and evil and begin to glorify You through their music.  amen

Save our children, Lord!  Bring them out of darkness and into the light!

We bind up the influences that hinder them and hold them captive and we loose truth, healing and love into their lives and souls that they will hunger and thirst for You, Dear Father God.

We thank You now, Lord, that this is done.  Jesus said, "It is finished."  All work was accomplished on the Cross.  We know Your heart, Lord, and we know Your love.  We are forever grateful that You had mercy on us and You saved us from sin.  We ask with humble hearts that you do for others what you have done for us, amen.

We pray this in the precious Name of Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ,  amen.

To God be the glory forever and ever,

PrairWarur

• Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

just thought youd all find this interesting 

http://toprightnews.com/?p=1052

Actually, that was a misrepresentation of Natalie Grant.

She wrote a response to that article on her FB page: Click here for full quote

She did not appreciate someone claiming her reason for leaving early.

The post:

I've tried to read all of the comments on my previous post but I can't respond to them all. Most of you have always been so supportive and encouraging to me & I'm grateful. It does sadden me when people argue, judge and hurl insults at each other from both sides of the fence. I'm not going to engage in arguments, but just have a few things I'd like to say:

I NEVER said I left during any particular performance. I only said I left early.

I never pointed out any one particular performance, I only said I had many thoughts about the entire show, which were best left inside my head and that is where they will stay. So those who say I condemned one performance but then condoned others clearly did not read the post.

What I DID say is this: I am honored to be a part of the Christian music community. I've had many people throughout my career ask why I never tried to go in to mainstream music and last night was a beautiful reminder that I love singing about Jesus and FOR Jesus.

I've judged no one. I hate no one. And I believe that every person has been created in the image of God. I will never stand on a street corner and wave a sign, I won't use my platform to engage in political arguments that will only divide and not unite. I will continue to pray that my life will be my message. I do have my own personal convictions that I live by, and I will continue to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling before the Lord. (Philippians 2:12)

I was honored to be nominated for 2 Grammy awards last night. I'm so grateful that NARAS and The Grammys continue to recognize the contribution that gospel and Christian music make to the world. And I'm so thrilled for those who won in my categories. And I can say that with all sincerity.

My last thought:

"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus for it is the power of God who brings salvation to ALL who believe."

Romans 1:16

~ Natalie

• Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Sounds like what she's hearing from people that are commenting on her post is very similar to what happens here.  A misunderstanding here, innuendo there, before we know it, we are agreeing to disagree.

She's in my prayers, she left early and tried to avoid stirring up any controversy over that.  Unfortunately for her, just being a Christian is very controversial in this country and every thought or action done privately or publicly, by Christians, will be scrutinized by a very cynical and hostile public.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Amen!

Our Dear Lord and Father God, we praise You Lord and we thank You for loving us and saving us through Your Son Jesus Christ.  We know, Lord, that it is Your will that all come to the knowledge of salvation, for this is stated in Your Holy Word.

Lord, we lift up Katy Perry to You now, in Jesus' precious Name, and by His blood, Dear Lord, that You reach Katy and save her.  Do this for Your glory, Lord.  Do this for her father, Lord, and because we have asked You.  Lord, our hearts break at the evil influence affecting our young ones.  We long to see such talented young people like Katy serving You.

You gave us music, Lord, and You have blessed us by this, but the devil has stolen some of it away and we are know joining in agreement to take it back.

You have told us in Your Word, Lord, that whatever we bind on earth is bound in heaven and whatever we loose on earth is loosed in heaven, so we now bind up the evil influence behind this music and we loose the power of the Holy Spirit to take control over the thoughts, the words, the singers and the writers of these songs that they will turn away from the devil and evil and begin to glorify You through their music.  amen

Save our children, Lord!  Bring them out of darkness and into the light!

We bind up the influences that hinder them and hold them captive and we loose truth, healing and love into their lives and souls that they will hunger and thirst for You, Dear Father God.

We thank You now, Lord, that this is done.  Jesus said, "It is finished."  All work was accomplished on the Cross.  We know Your heart, Lord, and we know Your love.  We are forever grateful that You had mercy on us and You saved us from sin.  We ask with humble hearts that you do for others what you have done for us, amen.

We pray this in the precious Name of Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ,  amen.

To God be the glory forever and ever,

PrairWarur

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Whats a grammy? What does it do and why is it evil to watch?

How do I avoid meeting grammy's?  :whistling:

:thumbsup:

The Gramophone

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/berlhtml/berlgramo.html

Once Outstanding Now Not So Much

:) :)