IGNORED

What does it mean that Scripture is "Inspired"

a-seeker

To be inspired by something you would need to be influenced by something or someone.

The writers of the Bible were inspired by God the Father, mainly because the holy spirit was with them the whole time.

They were inspired by the holy spirit which came from God the Father, and the Father is alive and active.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

You need to stop reacting emotionally, and respond with the kind of intellectual analytical qualities I grew so accustomed to in the past.

Sorry, I'm tired.

Plus the new semester just started, and I'm still pulling things together. So please forgive me if I'm losing the energy to keep up with the debates.

Guest shiloh357

You need to stop reacting emotionally, and respond with the kind of intellectual analytical qualities I grew so accustomed to in the past.

Sorry, I'm tired.

Plus the new semester just started, and I'm still pulling things together. So please forgive me if I'm losing the energy to keep up with the debates.

That's okay.   No worries. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think the Bibleis a science book, but I also don't think that the Bible disagrees with modern science. 

"modern science" overwhelmingly espouses evolution, so I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Evolution isn't science.  It is an untested hypothesis.  Modern science and evolution aren't the same thing.

Creation is not science either given its super-natural aspect.  Should we leave both out?  Could you read a Biology text and redact any of it that relies on evolution without having the text be meaningless?

What you will find on this website that there are individuals who believe in a Young Earth and Universe (YEC) and those of us who believe in an Old Earth and Universe (OEC).  Those of us who believe in OEC believe that aspects of science can support the Bible.  We do not believe science is in great conflict with the Bible.  We do not believe, as do some YEC, that science is untrustworthy and very flawed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

I don't think the Bibleis a science book, but I also don't think that the Bible disagrees with modern science. 

"modern science" overwhelmingly espouses evolution, so I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion.

Evolution isn't science.  It is an untested hypothesis.  Modern science and evolution aren't the same thing.

Creation is not science either given its super-natural aspect.  Should we leave both out?  Could you read a Biology text and redact any of it that relies on evolution without having the text be meaningless?

What you will find on this website that there are individuals who believe in a Young Earth and Universe (YEC) and those of us who believe in an Old Earth and Universe (OEC).  Those of us who believe in OEC believe that aspects of science can support the Bible.  We do not believe science is in great conflict with the Bible.  We do not believe, as do some YEC, that science is untrustworthy and very flawed.

"We do not believe, as do some YEC, that science is untrustworthy and very flawed."

I wouldn't go that far; However, they are men....

(Romans 3:10-13) "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:  {11} There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.  {12} They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.  {13} Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:"

So I'll take the LORDS WORD for it and Just TRUST HIM

"Those of us who believe in OEC believe that aspects of science can support the Bible."

Support the Bible? ....are you implying that the Bible states how old the Earth/Universe is?  If so, can you show EXACTLY where?

And what is the "Scientific Evidence" that supports an Old Earth/Universe?

Thanks