• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

You must have a local flood for OEC..... one of their "proofs" is that all the rocks and fossils were laid down by slow gradual processes with an occasional local rapid deposition.  If there were a Global Flood, it's sayonara to that a priori assumption.

Questions:

1. If the flood wasn't the WHOLE EARTH then why did Noah have to take the animals on the Ark?  Wasn't there animals some place else?

2. Or why build the Ark....why not just tell Noah to move?

3. Why build an Ark over 400 feet long if it was only a local Flood?

4. If the Flood was local then did God break his promise not to Flood the world again? Hasn’t the Mesopotamian Valley been flooded many times since Noah?

5. If the Flood was local, why would birds have been sent on board? These could simply have winged across to a nearby mountain range.

(Matthew 24:37-39) " But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  {38}  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,  {39}  And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

So if people would have happened to not live in the Mesopotamia vicinity they would have not been affected and would've escaped GOD's Judgement.  What did Jesus mean when he likened the coming judgement of "all" men to..."in the days of Noah"?  Is the coming judgement a partial judgement?

Then.....

(Genesis 6:7) "And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them."

(Genesis 6:13) "And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth."

(Genesis 6:17) "And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die."

(Genesis 7:17) "And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth."

(Genesis 7:18) "And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters."

(Genesis 7:19) "And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered."

(Genesis 7:20) "Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered."

(Genesis 7:21) "And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:"

(Genesis 7:22) "All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died."

(Genesis 7:23) "And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark."

(Genesis 7:24) "And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days."

Guest shiloh357

Yeah, the Bible pretty much puts the whole "local" flood hypothesis to bed.   I can't believe Christians refuse to accept what the Bible says about the extent of Noah's flood.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

1. If the flood wasn't the WHOLE EARTH then why did Noah have to take the animals on the Ark?  Wasn't there animals some place else?

4. If the Flood was local then did God break his promise not to Flood the world again? Hasn’t the Mesopotamian Valley been flooded many times since Noah?

5. If the Flood was local, why would birds have been sent on board? These could simply have winged across to a nearby mountain range.

How about some questions for your questions?

1. How did animals like penquins (flightless birds), Koalas (limited diet) etc that were not native to the middle east get to the ark?

2. Why did God promise not to destroy the world in a flood again?  Why did he seem remorseful?  did he make a mistake?

3. Do you believe that at least of 2 of every species, and their food could be housed on a 400 foot ark for the time it was afloat?

4. Do you believe that the physics that cause rainbows did not exist before the flood?  (i.e. prismatic affect)

5. What good did it do to send out a bird if the ark had no means of steering or propulsion?  What about all the civilizations that existed continuously before and after the flood?

Edited by jerryR34

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Additionally, where on earth did all that water go afterwards?  And why do we see kangaroos in Australia only and not scattered along the way if descendants took them there?  I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but there are many such puzzles.

How about some questions for your questions?

1. How did animals like penquins (flightless birds), Koalas (limited diet) etc that were not native to the middle east get to the ark?

2. Why did God promise not to destroy the world in a flood again?  Why did he seem remorseful?  did he make a mistake?

3. Do you believe that at least of 2 of every species, and their food could be housed on a 400 foot ark for the time it was afloat?

4. Do you believe that the physics that cause rainbows did not exist before the flood?  (i.e. prismatic affect)

5. What good did it do to send out a bird if the ark had no means of steering or propulsion?  What about all the civilizations that existed continuously before and after the flood?

Congrats, I'm speechless!!

Just this...Remember that Heavy Homework we talked about on the other board?  This applies here.

Guest shiloh357

How did animals like penquins (flightless birds), Koalas (limited diet) etc that were not native to the middle east get to the ark?

They were not on the ark, most likely.   Remember that Noah only took two of each kind, not two of each species.   Many species we know of today were probably not even in existence at that time.  So it is likely that many of the animals we are familiar with today were not actually on the ark, but their ancestors were and it was from those ancestors that we have the many modern species alive today.

No, He didn't make a mistake.   Nor was God remorseful.  God still judges man.  

Again, Noah didn't take two of every species.  Noah took two of each kind.   For example, German Shepherd, Beagles and Cocker Spaniels are species.   "Dog" is a kind.  Noah only had to to take two of each kind.

Why does that even matter?

The bird was simply a means of gaguing how fast the water was receding.   What about those civilizations?   What are you asking in reference to them?

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

They were not on the ark, most likely.   Remember that Noah only took two of each kind, not two of each species.   Many species we know of today were probably not even in existence at that time.  So it is likely that many of the animals we are familiar with today were not actually on the ark, but their ancestors were and it was from those ancestors that we have the many modern species alive today.

What is the process that it would take for a flying bird in the middle east to become the flightless bird in the South Pole?  Could you go through the steps that would be necessary for this to happen and how long each change would take?

Additionally, where on earth did all that water go afterwards?  And why do we see kangaroos in Australia only and not scattered along the way if descendants took them there?  I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but there are many such puzzles.

Yes....any answers to the 1st Post?

"where on earth did all that water go afterwards?"

Could you be looking @ a good portion of it?  You're presupposing that the Topographical Features of the Earth are the same now as they were then.

"And why do we see kangaroos in Australia"

I haven't the first clue; Unfortunately, kangaroos are outside the scope of expertise. :(

Guest shiloh357

What is the process that it would take for a flying bird in the middle east to become the flightless bird in the South Pole?  Could you go through the steps that would be necessary for this to happen and how long each change would take?

No, I can't explain that process.   I don't need to, either.  Micro-evolution shouldn't be a problem for you, as we know it takes place within a given kind/species.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

From RTB...

A close examination of the text reveals that only two Hebrew words are used in the Genesis flood account to refer to the animals destroyed by the flood and to those taken aboard the ark. The words are nephesh and basar. The word nephesh translates as "soulish" animals and refers to those creatures endowed with characteristics of mind, will, and emotions, creatures with a unique capacity to relate to humans. We call them mammals and birds. It is their soulishness2 which makes them particularly susceptible to the effects of man's sin. The word basar refers more specifically to those birds and mammals that are part of man's economic system, that is, to livestock, poultry, game animals, any birds or mammals that have had contact with man.

So, the animal species rescued via the ark were nephesh, particularly those in the category of basar, living within the reach of the flood's devastation. They may have numbered in the hundreds and probably did not exceed a few thousand. The ark, then, would have been adequate to house them and their food, and eight people could have cared for them, as well as for themselves, for many months. There is no problem of credibility on this point.