IGNORED

People who never heard the gospel

Guest DRS81

What scripture out there refers to the man in the village on the other side of the world that can't read, has no internet and has never heard the gospel, (who is already condemned). (John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son) is speaking of people who have already heard the gospel so....if there is any scripture out there that condemns the man in the village please don't be shy, and share it with us. If there is no scripture to confirm this then the man in the village would simply be in God's hands, because God is just in his judgment. And please do not use Romans 1:20 because that passage is not speaking about people who never heard the gospel. - DRS81 :)

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary http://biblehub.com/john/3-18.htm

Christ's discourse of gospel truths, ver. 11-13, shows the folly of those who make these things strange unto them.

Christ is plainly set forth to us in the gospel.

Here is gospel, good news indeed. Here is God's love in giving his Son for the world. God so loved the world; so really, so richly.

Here, also, is the great gospel duty, to believe in Jesus Christ. God having given him to be our Prophet, Priest, and King, we must give up ourselves to be ruled, and taught, and saved by him. And here is the great gospel benefit, that whoever believes in Christ, shall not perish, but shall have everlasting life.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Is there a difference in a person who does not believe in Jesus and a person who never heard of him?

Jesus talks about making that decision in the last half of chapter 25 in the book of Matthew.......    I personally think it wise on our part to just let Jesus make that decision..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Everyone is accountable to God whether they have heard the gospel or not.The Bible does say that God has revealed Himself in nature Romans 1:20 and in a person's heart Ecclesiastes 3:11.

And please do not use Romans 1:20 because that passage is not speaking about people who never heard the gospel.

The Bible does say that God has revealed Himself in nature Romans 1:20

?

Is there a difference in a person who does not believe in Jesus and a person who never heard of him?

Jesus talks about making that decision in the last half of chapter 25 in the book of Matthew.......    I personally think it wise on our part to just let Jesus make that decision..

There is a difference yes. What decision? Can you show me scripture of what you're referring too in Matt 25.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

Romans 2:11-16

King James Version (KJV)

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

And please do not use Romans 1:20 because that passage is not speaking about people who never heard the gospel.

The Bible does say that God has revealed Himself in nature Romans 1:20

?

There is a difference yes. What decision? Can you show me scripture of what you're referring too in Matt 25.

the decision is whether one goes to heaven or hell......    we have no right to decide who can and who can't be saved.           We can tell people what they need to do to be saved, but it's not our place to decide who can and who can't go to heaven.

the decision is whether one goes to heaven or hell......    we have no right to decide who can and who can't be saved.           We can tell people what they need to do to be saved, but it's not our place to decide who can and who can't go to heaven.

what specific scriptures in Matt 25 are you focused on. Ty other.

what specific scriptures in Matt 25 are you focused on. Ty other.

Oh, just start with verse 31 or so and go from there.

I applaud your effort, but Matt 25:31-46 has nothing to do with the OP.

I asked if there are any scriptures that state "the man who never hears the gospel is condemned already."

The people in Matt 25 were literally walking and talking with Jesus and has heard the gospel.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I applaud your effort, but Matt 25:31-46 has nothing to do with the OP.

I asked if there are any scriptures that state "the man who never hears the gospel is condemned already."

The people in Matt 25 were literally walking and talking with Jesus and has heard the gospel.

Personally, I think that you answered your own question with a verse from your first post.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Whoever, is not limited to only those who have a bible they can read, or have heard the gospel. Gods desire is that everyone would be saved but not everyone will be saved. Everyone is condemned already, with Jesus being the one and only way to salvation. But we have a God who knows our hearts, and knows the beginning and the end. So, if there is a single person who does not have a bible, and no one to share the gospel, but if they heard, they would be saved, God will not let that person perish, but God also will not break His own 'rules', that Jesus is the only way.

I personally had never heard the gospel, but after praying one night, asking 'what is the truth', I woke up the next morning with the most strangest of urges, to buy and read the NT. That urge would not go away, so I finally did go buy a NT and I read it. I know people who had never read the bible, and with no Christians around would never have heard the gospel, but had a dream about Jesus and knew from the dream to believe on Jesus.  So, even those who can not read, and never heard the gospel, there is sufficient evidence of God in His creation/nature, so, God can give them a dream about Jesus.

We are to be the vehicle God uses to spread the gospel, and from scripture, God could zap us/beam us to the location of a person who is ready to hear and accept, like the Ethiopian eunich. But rather then let even one perish who God knows will accept Jesus but there is no other way , God can give dreams, or some other form of revelation .