• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

God bless you,as you look into my post,ever since the day i encounter this revelation,i has been thinking what was God trying to tell me through this chapter and verses,God reaveled this,Revelation 2:4-7" in a dream to me:verse 4" yet i hold this against you:you have forsaken your first love.5Remember the height from which you have fallen!Repent and do the things you did at first.if you do not repent,i will come to you and remove your lampstand from it's place.6But you have this in your favour:you hate the pratices of Nicolaitans,which I also hate.7He who has ear,let him hear what the spirit says to the chuches.To him who overcomes,I will give the right to eat from the tree of life,which is in the paradise of God.please i will like someone to help me with his /her own Holy Spirit leading understanding:in many occasion i has encounter this kind of dreamed,when ever i woke up and picked my bible,i always understand what God is telling me,but this time around i'm a little bit confuse,Immedaitely i woke up that very day,i heard a voice telling me that: this is a mystery:i encounter this dream 3 days ago,even up till this moment,i'm yet to understand what God was telling me,and the dreamed is yet to vanish from my mind,when ever i encounter this kind of dream,immedaitely i understood what God was telling me, the dream will vanish from my mind.your opinion can be of help.

Revelation 2:4-7" in a dream to me:verse 4" yet i hold this against you:you have forsaken your first love.5Remember the height from which you have fallen!Repent and do the things you did at first.if you do not repent,i will come to you and remove your lampstand from it's place.6But you have this in your favour:you hate the pratices of Nicolaitans,which I also hate.7

but this time around i'm a little bit confused,

What are you confused with. Blessings Jerry.

Revelation 2:4-7" in a dream to me:verse 4" yet i hold this against you:you have forsaken your first love.5Remember the height from which you have fallen!Repent and do the things you did at first.if you do not repent,i will come to you and remove your lampstand from it's place.6But you have this in your favour:you hate the pratices of Nicolaitans,which I also hate.7

but this time around i'm a little bit confused,

What are you confused with. Blessings Jerry.

let assume you are in my shoe,and God reavel Revelation 2:4-7" what do you think God is trying to tell you in that verses,like the day God revealed Hebrews 5:14 to me,i understood what God was telling me.even the day i encounter this revelation a voice kept on telling me this is a mystery,

let assume you are in my shoe,and God reavel Revelation 2:4-7" what do you think God is trying to tell you in that verses,like the day God revealed Hebrews 5:14 to me,i understood what God was telling me.even the day i encounter this revelation a voice kept on telling me this is a mystery,

Well, take a look at Rev 2:5, because that's really the meat of this passage..(Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.) Maybe God is telling you to repent of a sin that you've kept secret. It sounds like God is convicting you by using dreams. What a blessing that is. Stay strong Jerry, fight the good fight my friend and repent repent repent. - David

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/revelation-2-5.html

Believers cannot totally and finally fall away from the grace which they have received; but they may fall into sin, and from a degree of grace, and the exercise of it, as these first and pure churches did, from some degree of their love to God, and Christ, and one another; and therefore are called upon to remember, mind, and observe from what degree of it they were fallen; in order to bring them under a conviction and acknowledgment of their evil, and a sense of their present state, and to quicken their desires after a restoration to their former one:

Well, take a look at Rev 2:5, because that's really the meat of this passage..(Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first. If not, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.) Maybe God is telling you to repent of a sin that you've kept secret. It sounds like God is convicting you by using dreams. What a blessing that is. Stay strong Jerry, fight the good fight my friend and repent repent repent. - David

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/revelation-2-5.html

Believers cannot totally and finally fall away from the grace which they have received; but they may fall into sin, and from a degree of grace, and the exercise of it, as these first and pure churches did, from some degree of their love to God, and Christ, and one another; and therefore are called upon to remember, mind, and observe from what degree of it they were fallen; in order to bring them under a conviction and acknowledgment of their evil, and a sense of their present state, and to quicken their desires after a restoration to their former one:

God bless you David,I appreciate your contribution and your level of understand,ever since last year"may 27" 2013" i had a supernatural divine encounter with God,I have always try my best to be a good son to my heavenly father,to the glory of God, well as a matter of fact,i know that any day i understand the reason why God reaveled that very chapter and verse to me, it will vanish from my mind as usual,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

These verses were written to churches rather than individuals. It may be more addressed to the church you attend. While churches are comprised of individuals I would think you should apply it more to a church body. Can fear of persecution be affecting it? Do they lack the zeal and boldness they had when first saved? Do they still hunger for God's Word and for communion with Him as they once did? Perhaps they need to be reminded of the hights and depths of God's love for them.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/28/1967

I believe God wants you to deliver this to the church you attend.

The church needs to repent. The majority of them need to repent.

God bless you brother.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

This is a favorite passage of mine, actually, and has been on my heart lately.  ^_^

My faith has had its ups and downs, and I am very easily distracted.  When I start to stumble, this is usually what brings me back on track:

"Yet I hold this against you: you have forsaken your first love.  Remember the height from which you have fallen!  Repent and do the things you did at first."

As for the rest of the passage:

"If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from it's place.   But you have this in your favour:  you hate the practices of Nicolaitans, which I also hate.  He who has ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."

This warrants further study, but this is what I have so far:

The Tree of Life is first seen in Genesis 2:9 "Out of the ground the LORD God caused to grow every tree that is pleasing to the sight and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."  We lost access to it when Adam and Eve first turned from God. Gen 3:22-24 "Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"-- therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken. So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life."   It also appears again in Revelation in the last chapter of the Bible.  Rev 22:2 "in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."
Rev 2:7 "To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."

The lampstand may be referring to the one in the Holy Place of the Tabernacle in Exodus 37, Leviticus 24, and Numbers 8.  It's interesting that its design seems to resemble a tree.  In Zechariah 4, the prophet has a vision of a lampstand and some olive trees, and I think this represents the Spirit or anointing.   Hebrews 9 mentions it, also, and verse 23 indicates that the earthly things of the tabernacle were "copies" of heavenly things.
Rev 2:5 "If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from it's place."

I'm not sure about the Nicolaitans, though.  Did a quick google search and found this:

The doctrine of the Nicolaitans appears to have been a form of antinomianism, which makes the fatal mistake that man can freely partake in sin because the Law of God is no longer binding. It held the truth on the gratuitous reckoning of righteousness; but supposed that a mere intellectual "belief" in this truth had a saving power.
Nicolaitans of the 2nd century seem to have continued and extended the views of the 1st century adherents, holding to the freedom of the flesh and sin, and teaching that the deeds of the flesh had no effect upon the health of the soul and consequently no relation to salvation.
Today, the doctrine is now largely taught that the gospel of Christ has made God's law of no effect: that by "believing" we are released from the necessity of being doers of the Word. But this is the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which Christ so unsparingly condemned in the book of Revelation.

The Ephesians were praised for their deeds (v 2 and 3) and their hatred for the teachings of the Nicolaitans, so what did they need to repent of?

Maybe putting their ministry and "works" above their love for God.   Rev 2:4 "Yet I hold this against you: you have forsaken your first love."

Hope that helps!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

1 John 5:5

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

KJV

How do we overcome, through "our" works? This is what most would answer, But he that believeth :

1 John 5:4

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

KJV

Faith is the only Way to overcome. for by grace through faith are we saved, and not that of ourselves.

What is our first love? most would answer our love toward God/ Jesus Christ! as some one else has pointed out that the Nicolaitans didn't preach against sin. sin, transgressing of the law. So what is the first law? the first law is what is our first love. The First commandment To Love God with all our heart, soul and Mind. to be as the Nicolaitans would be the Church has put people( their love of the people)as the first commandment, rather than our Love toward God. How have we done this, we can't preach against the sin of homosexuality for we will offend the homosexuals, we can't Preach Jesus for we will offend the Jews and the Moslems, thus doing these things we have put people or our love toward people over what is suppose to be our First Love. Revelation is so symbolic at times it can be misunderstood, or viewed from so many different interpretation of what each symbol means. some preach that each Church in Revelation is the Same Church in different time periods, some preach that each instruction gave to the churches mentioned here, are to that very Church at the time John was.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

James 2:13-24
r judgment.

14 What use is it, my brethren, if a man says he has faith , but he has no works ? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? 17 Even so faith , if it has no works , is dead, being by itself. 18 But someone may well say, "You have faith , and I have works ; show me your faith without the works , and I will show you my faith by my works ." 19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. 20 But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that faith was working with his works , and as a result of the works , faith was perfected; 23 and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness," and he was called the friend of God. 24 You see that a man is justified by works , and not by faith alone.
NASB