• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Hello,

I was listening to a Q and A online and the topic of the identity of the woman in Revelation 12 came up?  Is she Mary or someone/something else since the book is mostly symbolic?  Bible texts for support please.  Gracias!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Hello,

I was listening to a Q and A online and the topic of the identity of the woman in Revelation 12 came up?  Is she Mary or someone/something else since the book is mostly symbolic?  Bible texts for support please.  Gracias!

Woman = Israel.

No texts, I just know. ;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Remnantrob......

I don't know what Scripture vou want posted because you simply asked who the woman in Rev 12 is....it is the account  of Jesus birth & the woman is Mary & the serpent is lucifer who was cast out of heaven taking a third of the angels with him & so on......

With love,in Christ-Kwik

I don't know what Scripture vou want posted because you simply asked who the woman in Rev 12 is....it is the account  of Jesus birth & the woman is Mary & the serpent is lucifer who was cast out of heaven taking a third of the angels with him & so on......

With love,in Christ-Kwik

It sounded like Mary up until this point-

6The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

That is why I see the woman representing Israel. Remember Joseph's dreams with the 12 stars bowing down to him? The 12 stars were the 12 tribes of Israel.

What do you think?

And then we had this to follow-

13When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. 14The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the wilderness, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent’s reach. 15Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. 16But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

This is the great trib time and who is being protected for 3.5 years? Not Mary, but who? Remnant Israel, right?

Thoughts?

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Hello,

Woman = Israel.

No texts, I just know. ;)

The woman is Israel ,the  sun,moon and stars portrays  the glory and dominion which has been promised to her in the coming kingdom,just as they pictured Joseph,s ultimate rule over his father,mother and brother (Gen37:9-11

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Content Count:  18,097
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Spock,

Are you addressing me ?I never do know who anyone is talking to by posting quotes(even started a thread on that-lo)Anyway ,I will join in with you if you like?

Many say the woman in Rev 12:6  is now symbolic of Isreal ,some even say the Church........Personally,I am really not fully persuaded but I lean towards the earthly city of Jerusalem since that is where the Israelijtes that were referred to as Gods Bride were from(Jer 2:2) and as this remnant of people are going to flee into the wilderness,God prepared a place where they can be safe & supernaturally provided for by Him for the 1,260 days.......like he did in 1 Kings 19: ?(dont remember verse ) whe He took care of the remnant of Israelites then

I like the literal translation........                                                            With love,in Christ-Kwik

I must apologize for this post as I am being distracted by some things here & have to leave ,,,,,,I will be back

Hello,

Rev 12 Woman is Israel. Rev 12:6 is also speaking of the seven year great tribulation.

Rev 12:4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it.

and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born; http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/revelation-12-4.html

just as the dragon Pharaoh lay in the midst of his rivers, in the river Nile, ( Ezekiel 29:3 ) ; to slay the male children of Israel as soon as born;

Rev 12:6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.

that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days: http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/revelation-12-6.html

in allusion to the children of Israel in the wilderness, where they were fed with manna forty years; so the overcomers, or true Christians in the Pergamos church state, have hidden manna given them to eat,

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If you read the book,  "The star of Bethlehem" you will hear of the stars and their configuration at the time of Jesus's birth.

The lady is Mary the Virgin, and  during the time that Jesus was born the constellation of Virgo (who is Mary) was just above the horizon with stars above her head and the sun  shining on her from the late sun and the moon went just under her feet.    Only time within a 30 year period that it happened according to the book.

I don't remember all the details for it's been years since I read it, but is was a fascinating read.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

With love,in Christ-Kwik

It sounded like Mary up until this point-

6The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

That is why I see the woman representing Israel. Remember Joseph's dreams with the 12 stars bowing down to him? The 12 stars were the 12 tribes of Israel.

What do you think?

The woman is not Israel