IGNORED

Can the devil tell the truth, especially when he knows it hurts?

FreeinChrist

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

So I was in the middle of a spiritual high praying for someone else, when the thought came to my mind of an old pray request which I have had for the longest time, of which God could be saying wait or more than likely NO!   Talk to a fellow believer at work and she quoted the verse I have been thinking about:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do.  He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him.   When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

John 8:44

So what do you think could the devil tell the truth if by doing so he can really inflicted pain?

I ask because i'm so tired of being ignorant of his devices, II Corinthians 2:11, and having him spoil a spiritual high and turning it into such low,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

if we recall, if you go all the way back to the garden, the devil did mix in some truth with the lie. Its a trick that goes back in-tell enough truth so that they dont think twice when the lie appears.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

i can tell you from personal experience that he and his minions can live with you for months feeding you truths and getting your trust before they do their dirty work on unsuspecting people.   That's one of the major needs to know the Word of God......   and I do mean all of it.

It is very dangerous to have the idea that either Satan or any demonic entity can't tell you the truth.    It is my understanding that they will not tell you that Jesus came in the Flesh and is Lord of all.....   though I do not know that as a irrefutable fact.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Satan is the prince of lies.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

So I was in the middle of a spiritual high praying for someone else, when the thought came to my mind of an old pray request which I have had for the longest time, of which God could be saying wait or more than likely NO!   Talk to a fellow believer at work and she quoted the verse I have been thinking about:

I wrote about whether or not the dark side can use the truth to confuse/hurt people, but I would like to address this particular happening specifically.    When you are deeply involved praying for someone else, you are doing great harm to the workings of the dark side.....    you should expect them trying to interrupt your prayers and feel blessed that they do for if you were not a serious problem for them they would not bother.     In this case you might want to remind them of your trust in the Lord and your patients in waiting for him.....   and remind them of your place and their place and your future and their future and ask them to leave you in peace, and if they don't ask the Holy Spirit to interfere in your behalf..

As for your old request for a friend, you might give thought that God might not think it in that persons best interest to grant the request...    I've asked him many times to heal my wife and he tells me basically to mind my own business.....   so I have to assume that there is some reason why she needs to have MS.   He did give her her legs back functionally though and for that we are grateful.

My grandmother died from a brain tumor and it really was kind of ugly though not really painful.....   my mom for weeks and weeks didn't understand how God could let her suffer the way she was for so long, till late one night just before grandma died a couple from across the hall came by and told mom that her sister had been watching how grandma and the rest of our family handled the terriable situation that grandma was in and how she was always upbeat and seemingly happy as her body slowly just stopped functioning.....   when that sister managed to see and get to know grandma while we were not around it seems that she was introduced and accepted the Lord as her savior in the nursing home..  she saw the peace that grandma had and wanted to find the source of it.        So, I think I can say that I believe that my grandmothers suffering resulted in the salvation of at least one person.....    and who knows how many other seeds were planted during all those weeks she was there.

I just wanted to mention that as an example of how things we pray for are not always the best for everyone involved and many times we never really see the reasons why.

So what do you think could the devil tell the truth if by doing so he can really inflicted pain?

:thumbsup:

He

A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips; [and] a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue. Proverbs 17:4

Ain't

Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:16

The Only One

A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. Proverbs 11:13

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

He is known as the father of lies so I would say no.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

i can tell you from personal experience that he and his minions can live with you for months feeding you truths and getting your trust before they do their dirty work on unsuspecting people.   That's one of the major needs to know the Word of God......   and I do mean all of it.

It is very dangerous to have the idea that either Satan or any demonic entity can't tell you the truth.    It is my understanding that they will not tell you that Jesus came in the Flesh and is Lord of all.....   though I do not know that as a irrefutable fact.

Similarly, I think the enemy can tell you a 'truth' but not THE truth.  Jesus is absolutely THE way, truth, and life.  For instance, I totally accept that God lavishes abundance grace upon us.  But I don't agree, as some preachers would have us believe today, that then I can continue to sin and it won't make a difference to my walk with God.  Check it out:

Romans 5v19 - 6v16

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

6 1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Now if we just read 5v19-21, what would our flesh tell us God is saying?

Don't get me wrong, God's Word is full of encouragement, but the whole truth isn't always acceptable to flesh.  Solution: crucify flesh.  And that's the truth.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

When Jesus was fasting in the desert for 40 days and satan came to Him, he spoke truths to Jesus. It was that Jesus knew that He was being tempted by him and rebuked him by quoting words which Satan knew to be true because Satan knows the Bible probably better than we do to quote it. So can Satan tell the truth? Yes, if it suits his purpose but we must be more cunning than he.

Yes the devil can tell the truth, especially in exorcisms. If you're about to perform an exorcism get ready to have all your deepest secrets revealed. (secrets as in sin). The devil is an accuser. (Rev 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.)

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible http://biblehub.com/revelation/12-10.htm

but here it refers to the accusations brought against the Christians in the primitive times, during the ten persecutions, which were very horrid ones indeed; as that they had their private suppers, at which they ate their own infants, and their nightly meetings, for the gratifying of their lusts, in which they committed adultery, incest, and all manner of uncleanness

Hostage to the Devil by Malachi Martin is a good book too. It has more info in there.