• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

Yeah, but that's not the doctrine of original sin. The doctrine says that I'm going to die because I'm guilty of Adam's sin.

You're guilty of sin because of what Adam did, thus living in a fallen world and needing the repentance of the cross.

I'm guilty of sin because of what I did, not what Adam did.

No you're guilty because of what Adam did to God, thus needing the cross.

No, I'm not. I am not guilty of eating from the tree of life.

Yeah, but that's not the doctrine of original sin. The doctrine says that I'm going to die because I'm guilty of Adam's sin.

You're guilty of sin because of what Adam did, thus living in a fallen world and needing the repentance of the cross.

Adam and Eve ate from the tree of good and evil, not the tree of life. There was two trees in Genesis, the tree of good and evil was the tree of temptation and sin. Saying you're not guilty is saying you don't need a savior because you are without sin, but in reality Jesus was the only sinless person.

Adam and Eve ate from the tree of good and evil, not the tree of life. There was two trees in Genesis, the tree of good and evil was the tree of temptation and sin. Saying you're not guilty is saying you don't need a savior because you are without sin, but in reality Jesus was the only sinless person.

I meant the tree of Knowledge. No, saying I'm not guilty is not saying that, that's an inference you're drawing. This is what you've done with the Scriptures. just because you infer something doesn't mean it's right.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Rom 5:12 - Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man (Adam), and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.

We all die because of Adams sin.  We all sin because of Adams first sin.  We are all infected with a sin virus. (genes, blood).  It all came through Adam.

Even with the Holy Spirit in us, we are all still sinners.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I meant the tree of Knowledge. No, saying I'm not guilty is not saying that, that's an inference you're drawing. This is what you've done with the Scriptures. just because you infer something doesn't mean it's right.

Ok then, so you admit you're a sinner that's good. So since Jesus died on the cross for your sins, have you accepted Jesus as your Savior yet?

Ok then, so you admit you're a sinner that's good. So since Jesus died on the cross for your sins, have you accepted Jesus as your Savior yet?

Seriously? The Scriptures don't say to accept Jesus as your savior. They say if one believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God one will receive eternal life.

Seriously? The Scriptures don't say to accept Jesus as your savior. They say if one believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God one will receive eternal life.

So you don't believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

If you have a sin nature by birth

Can you get rid of it ? can you change

No, you do not "get rid of the sin nature", you put it to death through the power of the Holy Spirit. (Mortify) Unfortunately this monstrosity is tied to us until Christ gives us our new glorious bodies. We as believers have two natures now. Our new nature is wholly good, and created in righteousness. It's a new creation and not a reformation of the old nature. It delights completely in God's will, and in reality it cannot and will not sin. It is our old nature that wars against our new nature that leads a believer to fall in sin.

Rom 7:20  Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 

Gal 5:17  For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 

Eph 4:22  You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 
Eph 4:23  to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 
Eph 4:24  and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. 

1Jn 3:9  No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

By believing on Christ, you are believing and accepting him as your saviour. His death was the penalty paid for YOUR sins, his Resurrection is the Guarantee that you have Eternal life. Because he lives you will live. You are believing the record that God gave concerning his Son. Essentially, God supplied the sin offering for us. DRS81 is right on all accounts. To come to Christ one must see a need for a Saviour, not just believe historical facts about the Christ. 

If you have a sin nature by birth

Can you get rid of it ? can you change

No, you do not "get rid of the sin nature", you put it to death through the power of the Holy Spirit. (Mortify) Unfortunately this monstrosity is tied to us until Christ gives us our new glorious bodies. We as believers have two natures now. Our new nature is wholly good, and created in righteousness. It's a new creation and not a reformation of the old nature. It delights completely in God's will, and in reality it cannot and will not sin. It is our old nature that wars against our new nature that leads a believer to fall in sin.

Rom 7:20  Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 

Gal 5:17  For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 

Eph 4:22  You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 
Eph 4:23  to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 
Eph 4:24  and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. 

1Jn 3:9  No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 

Very well said, Blessings.