• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I really need to stop trying to hold a discussion with a Dalek.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

These questions I ask keep getting lost in the debates of other issues, so I would like to see if anyone can actually produce an answer that makes sense. (My apologies if you feel I misrepresented anything you have said, but in the end I never perceived my questions to be given clear answers.)

Genesis 1:2

The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

(I posted the NAB version; you are free to post another version if you prefer the wording.)

1.Why was the eretz (earth) "formless and void"?

Spock: a result of judgment. God judged for Lucifers sin.

2. How long did this eretz exist at this point?

Spock: no clue; dateless past.

3. Where did this "darkness" come from? Why was it there? How did it get there?

Spock:came from God as a result of judgment. God doesn't create anything formless and void so it's origins were good.

4. What is the "deep"? Where was it? Where did it come from? How long did it exist before this point?

Spock: the deep is the water as a result of the flood judgment due to Lucifers sin.

5. What were "the waters"? Where did it/they come from? How long were they/it there?

Spock:the flood. Don't know how long, but came from God.

6. Where were "the deep" and "the waters" in relation to the eretz?

Spock: over the entire earth.

7. Where was the darkness in relation to the eretz?

Spock: over the surface of the deep waters

8. Is there or is there not a connection or correlation to the eretz and "the deep" and "the waters"? If so, what? If not, why not?

Spock: yes, as stated, the land was created good -Isaiah 45:19; lucifer was a prince and a ruler over Eden -Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28;12-19; lucifer sinned which brought about gods judgment- a flood that was global. This land became formless and void. Then God restored the land in Genesis 1:2 on.

Guest shiloh357

Which of us are insulting by referring to us as a Dalek (yes, I know what that is)?

Guest shiloh357

Spock: yes, as stated, the land was created good -Isaiah 45:19; lucifer was a prince and a ruler over Eden -Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28;12-19; lucifer sinned which brought about gods judgment- a flood that was global. This land became formless and void. Then God restored the land in Genesis 1:2 on.

Wow, talk about baselss conjecture...

I didn't write Ezekiel 28 or Isaiah 14. I hope God doesn't hold this against you.

Guest shiloh357

I didn't write Ezekiel 28 or Isaiah 14. I hope God doesn't hold this against you.

The conjecture lies in your assumptions of how those passages relate to each other chronlogically, and I think you know what I meant.   You penciled in  a lot extra information as well and misrepresent the Scriptures.  

I am not the person whom the Lord has a problem with.  I'm the one defending His word, not adding extra things to it.

I love those guys! Dr who's finest episodes.

"Exterminate, exterminate......."

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

"If Gen. 1:2 is such a perfect fit to YEC"

THIS is a Textbook Strawman Argument......"You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack" https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

YEC doesn't claim anything concerning Genesis 1:2.  Why?  Because there is not enough information in verse 1:1 or 1:2 to conclude anything whatsoever.  Every claim of AGE or TIME regarding these 2 verses, are extrapolating from an absolute conjecture.

OK, Enoch, if this is the case, then would you mind explaining to me how Genesis 1:2 is in synch with the YEC theory which claims a 6000 year-old universe?

No one else is.

I already answered you, I'll make it Bigger and BOLD it.... LOOK UP :rolleyes:

"It could have been any amount of time for all we know"

Exactly my point... SEE: Extrapolating from an Absolute Conjecture above.

So....I figured, lets move to something that rises above Absolute Conjecture and is Quite Relevant.  What is that??....well the BEDROCK of the OEC . . .

:bored-1:

If you can explain to me what the Great Flood has to to with Genesis 1:2, I might be inclined to try to answer your question.

It has nothing to do with it.  Due to Genesis 1:2's Absolute speculative nature with the Age, I thought we could spend some time on something that has a more concrete relationship with the Age question......The Local vs Global Flood issue

And, You needed to carry this over.  I guess just reading it doesn't do it justice.....

"You can't have a Strawman on a Strawman....it's logically incoherent.  I can't misrepresent your argument...it's already misrepresented to begin with.  Follow?  It's tantamount to me shooting a dead horse then you charging me with killing him."

I was walking around all day saying....."You can't Strawman a Strawman!!" :24:

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

Interesting thread, I am confused by part of it.  YEC claims the earth is 6000 years old based on the bible and then they admit that the earth existed prior to the start of creation (which seems like an oxymoron, something was created before it was created) and they do not know how long it existed prior to the start of creation which I guess in the YEC model is verse 3 of Genesis 1.   So a simple question, did the earth exist prior to verse 3 of Genesis 1?

Guest shiloh357

Interesting thread, I am confused by part of it.  YEC claims the earth is 6000 years old based on the bible and then they admit that the earth existed prior to the start of creation (which seems like an oxymoron, something was created before it was created) and they do not know how long it existed prior to the start of creation which I guess in the YEC model is verse 3 of Genesis 1.   So a simple question, did the earth exist prior to verse 3 of Genesis 1?

You're confused because YEC doesn't address what was or wasnt in existence in Gen. 1:2.  That is not part of the YEC model.   Your confused because you are assigning something to us that we didn't say.