missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I can not believe the horrible rental prices for homes.I am looking for a rental home and it is ridiculous.It can be $2,000.00/mo. and it is a dive.Why are people doing this?Are they in horrible debt so they need alot of extra money in their pockets?Are they just starting with really high prices to see if they can get that and then come down?What a RIPOFF  :foot-stomp:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I can not believe the horrible rental prices for homes.I am looking for a rental home and it is ridiculous.It can be $2,000.00/mo. and it is a dive.Why are people doing this?Are they in horrible debt so they need alot of extra money in their pockets?Are they just starting with really high prices to see if they can get that and then come down?What a RIPOFF  :foot-stomp:

you live in a high priced part of the country land/house wise..    

Apparently.Any way you look at it I consider it highway robbery......GREED.  :mellow:

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

a lot depends on the economy and where you live. A lot of people have gone out and bought high priced homes, and when the economy dived, they could no longer afford them and couldn't sell them, many turned to renting them out-and you can't rent a house out for less then what your paying mortgage wise (just not wise) and if your house payment is 1500 a month, and the local economy is supporting 2000 a month rent, then it makes sense to go that high. It stinks, but thats the way it is. You may consider looking at apartments-in most areas if you know what your looking for you can usually find decently priced apartments that may not be what you want or entirely comfortable, but will suit your needs.

a lot depends on the economy and where you live. A lot of people have gone out and bought high priced homes, and when the economy dived, they could no longer afford them and couldn't sell them, many turned to renting them out-and you can't rent a house out for less then what your paying mortgage wise (just not wise) and if your house payment is 1500 a month, and the local economy is supporting 2000 a month rent, then it makes sense to go that high. It stinks, but thats the way it is. You may consider looking at apartments-in most areas if you know what your looking for you can usually find decently priced apartments that may not be what you want or entirely comfortable, but will suit your needs.

Can not do apartments.Been there done that.It was a disaster.Personally I think a person is going to see just how much someone will pay.The more money extra in their pocket the better.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  133
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/04/1986

I'm actually on the cusp of never having to pay rent again hopefully. Currently I pay $525 for my rent on a 1st floor apartment in a small suburb town which does just fine for my fiance. She lives there while I still live with my family before we get married this Summer.

I just bought a house that will almost double my housing payments, but it'll be an investment in something I "own", instead of something I'm paying someone else and will never get back. I am glad I am doing this as soon as possible. No matter if home prices go up or down, I've got something to call my own. In most cases it's cheaper to buy your own home than rent anyway.

I'm actually on the cusp of never having to pay rent again hopefully. Currently I pay $525 for my rent on a 1st floor apartment in a small suburb town which does just fine for my fiance. She lives there while I still live with my family before we get married this Summer.

I just bought a house that will almost double my housing payments, but it'll be an investment in something I "own", instead of something I'm paying someone else and will never get back. I am glad I am doing this as soon as possible. No matter if home prices go up or down, I've got something to call my own. In most cases it's cheaper to buy your own home than rent anyway.

one of the best feelings I can remember was the week we got our house paid off.   Did it on my 55th birthday....   You are right about it being better to put your money into something that is yours.  I would say though that houses are a lot of work over the years...  but if you do most of it yourself it's much cheaper than renting.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

Can not do apartments.Been there done that.It was a disaster.Personally I think a person is going to see just how much someone will pay.The more money extra in their pocket the better.

This is how free market works.  Market dictate what rental price it would be.  This isn't greed.  If it is greed to charge as much as what people would be willing to pay, then it is also greed to find to cheapest rental house you can afford (demand the highest wage for a job).  Just the flip side of the coin from the owner's perspective.

You may think it would be a good idea for the govt to dictate lower prices, but that would just make matters worse as no one would want to rent houses out or there are to much demand that you won't be able to find any available house to rent. They did that in NYC before, it didn't work out so well.

On the side note. I find it ridiculous that people say corporations are greedy because they are not willing to pay higher wages. They are simply finding the best value for their money, just people use their money to buy the best value products.  If a person's skills is worth more the company would pay more for it just as you would pay for a higher quality product.

This is how free market works.  Market dictate what rental price it would be.  This isn't greed.  If it is greed to charge as much as what people would be willing to pay, then it is also greed to find to cheapest rental house you can afford (demand the highest wage for a job).  Just the flip side of the coin from the owner's perspective.

You may think it would be a good idea for the govt to dictate lower prices, but that would just make matters worse as no one would want to rent houses out or there are to much demand that you won't be able to find any available house to rent. They did that in NYC before, it didn't work out so well.

On the side note. I find it ridiculous that people say corporations are greedy because they are not willing to pay higher wages. They are simply finding the best value for their money, just people use their money to buy the best value products.  If a person's skills is worth more the company would pay more for it just as you would pay for a higher quality product.

and unions give the worker an even break with the corporations...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

wow that is high $2000.00 a month,,,I live in a military/tourist town and i see rental houses here at 1500.00/mon. So, i guess it depends on where your located and some people probably are horribly in debt, a way for them to get out of debt, but the more they make the more they spend usually.