• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1989

I personally believe all the various races were formed at the time when men were scattered throughout the earth at Babel.  I believe that when God created all the different languages, and scattered the people to different nations, he also gave them a distinct appearance.  That is my opinion. 

I don't think that fully answers your question, because it doesn't tell how Adam and Eve looked, and there is no way we can know the answer to that question with absolute certainty.  I would tend to think they probably looked like a typical Jewish person would look, but that is pure speculation, as is everything I said. 

I find this a to be a very plausible explanation...of course, there's no way to know for sure, but it is believable in my opinion. It's an interesting question, but it's one that I don't normally think about it because A) the 'how' really makes no difference to me, and B) I see no importance or benefit in knowing the answer, and C) if there was any serious significance about it I think God would have made it relatively clear so that we might understand. No, not everything in God's Word is crystal clear, but He does always give us an answer, clear or no. 

Edited by Шарон

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Heck that is an easy answer, they were of the human race. When it comes to people there is only one race, the human race. Maybe you haven't read the scriptures very well but God never made more than one race. When he changed body appearance and mixed up the language to keep people apart He knew it would work because we are the ones that make the division, it is a development in our own minds. There are ethnic groups, if you so choose to divide people, but only one race here on this planet when it comes to human kind. Perhaps you would like to reconsider your choice of words.

Perhaps my choice of words are correct:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Race (classification of human beings)

Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, and/or social affiliation

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/24/1959

Perhaps the authority of the bible supercedes any work you may find elsewhere. Wiki is banned in all academic institutions in addition to that, for good reason. Race is a lie straight from the devil and it contradicts Gods word. However if  you choose your reference to be something of this world that is your choice. However remember what Christ told us all:

The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Perhaps the authority of the bible supercedes any work you may find elsewhere. Wiki is banned in all academic institutions in addition to that, for good reason. Race is a lie straight from the devil and it contradicts Gods word. However if  you choose your reference to be something of this world that is your choice. However remember what Christ told us all:

The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.

I don't see your reason for judging or trying to argue about something insignificant as this. Everyone else knows what I meant by race, it's the point I made with the word to understand the thread, not the meaning of the word itself. Sorry if this word offends you so much, don't know why you're letting it get to you like this. I forgive you for your bitterness and pray for peace to come upon you...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

They were jewish

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

There is no possible way of proving Adam & Eve were saved or even knowing

Really? 

So when God says the that the seed of the women will crush the head of Satan, and then when Eve gives birth to her first born son and she praises God by saying, 'I have got the man from the Lord' - none of that is evidence of faith? 

King Saul once professed faith too. Was he saved?

Did he really? I don't recall Saul ever making a statement that comes close to the one Eve makes at the birth of her first child. 

Thing is, the bible doesnt say whether or not they were forgiven for their sins, as it does Abraham etc in hebrews 11.

So, are we to assume that unless the Bible tells us they were saved that we cannot draw conclusions ourselves. With all due respect my friend, that is not how the Bible works. Throughout scripture we are given principles to apply to all kinds of situations and people and we are expected to apply those principles throughout. So, for example, the Bible tells us drunkenness is wrong, and it tells us Noah got drunk - hence we conclude that Noah sinned. The Bible doesn't tell us that, rather we are meant to reason it out for ourselves. 

In relation to Saul there are certain principles we can apply, for example we are told that we know each other by the fruits we bear - just what fruit to we see in his life? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  01/01/1973

I don't see your reason for judging or trying to argue about something insignificant as this. Everyone else knows what I meant by race, it's the point I made with the word to understand the thread, not the meaning of the word itself. Sorry if this word offends you so much, don't know why you're letting it get to you like this. I forgive you for your bitterness and pray for peace to come upon you...

Actually he has a point - we are all one race and most geneticists today would agree with that statement. What is commonly understood by the word 'race' is social construct - however now that has been point out lets get back to the discussion. 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Heck that is an easy answer, they were of the human race. When it comes to people there is only one race, the human race. Maybe you haven't read the scriptures very well but God never made more than one race. When he changed body appearance and mixed up the language to keep people apart He knew it would work because we are the ones that make the division, it is a development in our own minds. There are ethnic groups, if you so choose to divide people, but only one race here on this planet when it comes to human kind. Perhaps you would like to reconsider your choice of words.

wrong, God confused the people's languages and all back in the building of the tower of Babel. Gen 11:6

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Our pastor preached on this once, with all the genetics. Sadly, I don't remember the details. lol. But my first reaction was Jade's.

Here is the end part of one of my lessons to our Church. I live in South Africa, so you can imagine what the word "race" can mean...

It's long, but it is only part of the lesson. It's how I feel...

So maybe the Holy Spirit just wants me to spread a message about racism while teaching me about agape love....

So just in case that’s what He wants, here it is.....

The first thing to understand that in biblical terms there is only one race—the human race. White, African, Asian, Indian, Arab, and Jew are not different races. Rather, they are different ethnicities of the human race. All human beings have the same physical characteristics (with minor variations, of course).

More importantly, all human beings are created in the image and likeness of God!

(Genesis 1:26-27).

26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; Male and female he created them.

Scripture tells us that God created us all in His image.

All equal.

That’s not what I was taught in my formative years at school, or in the army, or in the police. I was taught to march, to shoot, and to fight and did not question who I was supposed to fight against, or more importantly, what I was fighting for. It was just the way it was, the way I was raised, the way I was indoctrinated with fear and distrust.

But God loves the world so much that He sent Jesus to lay down His life for us.

(John 3:16). 16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

The “world” obviously includes all ethnic groups.

But that’s not what I was taught at Sunday school, or school, or at home. I was “cushioned’ against the “world’, I was, like most of us, isolated from the reality that is the world. I was not taught to hate others at Sunday school, or at home, but through a very careful orchestration of ignoring, I was “taught” that everyone else did not matter, that they were inferior. The “world’ was “us”, and us alone.

So I was taught to “Love” “us”, and at best ignore all others, and at worst to later in life fear and hate them, to the degree that like many others I was taught to kill in the name of the state. (remember where I was born and raised)

The Jesuits say “give me a child until he is seven, and I will give you the man” How true that can be. And how, over the years has history proved that it can be misused for evil purposes. Stalin, Hitler, and later, Mao, are examples of that.

But our God does not show partiality or favoritism.

What is the meaning of the word partiality?

The Miriam Webster dictionary says this “an unfair tendency to treat one person, group, or thing better than another”. Which presupposes that you then treat others worse, or at best differently. Words that are often used with the word partiality are words like prejudice, discrimination, or bias.

(Deuteronomy 10:17

17 For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords,  the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who is not partial and takes no bribe.

Acts 10:34

34 So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality,

Romans 2:11;

11 For God shows no partiality.

Ephesians 6:9

Masters, do the same to them, and stop your threatening, knowing that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and that there is no partiality with him.

And neither should we show partiality or favoritism because in doing so we go against His Holy Word. In doing so we sin and do not Love, and in the absence of love, darkness thrives.

James 2:4 Describes those who discriminate as “judges with evil thoughts.”

have you not then made distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?

Rather, we are to love our neighbors as ourselves

(James 2:8). If you really fulfil the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbour as yourself,” you are doing well.

In the Old Testament, God divided humanity into two “racial” groups: Jews and Gentiles. God’s intent was for the Jews to be a kingdom of priests, ministering to the Gentile nations. Instead, for the most part, the Jews became proud of their status and despised the Gentiles. The Gentiles in kind despised the Jews. (Sound familiar in pre and post apartheid South Africa?).

Jesus Christ put an end to this, destroying the dividing wall of hostility.

(Ephesians 2:14). For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility

All forms of racism, prejudice, and discrimination are affronts to the work of Christ on the cross.  Look to your heart. Look to the way you “Love”. And then look to the way Jesus would have you love. Can you answer the question the Holy Spirit asked of me? Can you love like Jesus? Is your answer also no, I cannot?

Don’t panic, Jesus has you and I covered in Grace, but the first step to healing is admitting you have an illness.....

Jesus commands us to love one another as He loves us

(John 13:34). A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

If God is impartial and loves us with impartiality, then we need to love others with that same high standard. Jesus teaches in Matthew 25 that whatever we do to the least of His brothers, we do to Him. If we treat a person with contempt, we are mistreating a person created in God’s image; we are hurting somebody whom God loves and for whom Jesus died.

Racism, in varying forms and to various degrees, has been a plague on humanity for thousands of years. This should not be.

Victims of racism, prejudice, and discrimination need to forgive. 

Ephesians 4:32  declares, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

Racists may not deserve the forgiveness of those they abuse, either by thought, word or deed, but all of us deserve God’s forgiveness far less.

Those who practice racism, prejudice, and discrimination need to repent.

(Romans 6:13). Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness.

We need to take heed of the scripture in

Galatians 3:28 

“There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

close_up_of_egyptian_man_smiling_BLD0373

Where does this guy come from?  Is he Italian?  Is he Arabic?  Is he a light skinned African man? 

10 worthy points to anyone who can guess :)