Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bestrfcplayer

Personal Journey

50 posts in this topic

Hello. Many of you here may remember my thread a few months ago where I I professed myself a Christian, at least according to your standards. Since then, I have undergone a journey as onto where I No longer really call my self a Christian, but one who still follows Christ's teachings that are found only in the Gospels, excluding everything else in the Bible. Though more so, I call myself a Jedi. Yes, that religion based on the famed series a Star Wars by George Lucus. This is all.

Hello. Many of you here may remember my thread a few months ago where I I professed myself a Christian, at least according to your standards. Since then, I have undergone a journey as onto where I No longer really call my self a Christian, but one who still follows Christ's teachings that are found only in the Gospels, excluding everything else in the Bible. Though more so, I call myself a Jedi. Yes, that religion based on the famed series a Star Wars by George Lucus. This is all.

Where do you think you will be when you die?

Heaven or the Death Star?

It saddens me that you would take your fate so lightly as to make a joke of it. It is not by "our standards" as you speak, but what God has called us to do. Eternity is a long, long time and I hope you will think this through and never stop asking yourself the question, "Where am I going to spend eternity?"  You might think you will just return to the dust and it is over, but energy cannot be destroyed, as I am sure you know.  We are more than mere dust and our being will go on, maybe in another form, but it will continue somewhere and in someway.

Jesus was the only perfect human that ever lived.  He was totally without sin, yet He willingly gave His life that you might live.  He was beaten by the Roman soldiers, spit upon, they pulled out His beard, mocked Him, laughed in His face, and placed a crown of large thorns upon His head.  

Isaiah 52 said the He was marred more than any man.  He was unrecognizable after the beatings He suffered.  His back and front were whipped so many times that His flesh hung off of Him in shreds.

He was humiliated.  The thorns upon His crown of shame caused blood to roll into His eyes, blurring His vision and stinging His eyes.  Yet His vision for us was not blurred.  He gave up His life that we may live.

They hammered large spikes through His feet and wrists and hauled Him up on the cross.  Can you imagine how painful this was?  Not every offender was nailed, this was special treatment for the Son of God, like all the other special torture He received, the beatings, the crown of thorns, the condemnation and humiliation.  Yes, special treatment for this One, because He was a special case that the rulers and religious leaders made sure would be remembered.

The custom for the crucified was that their legs were broken to hasten their death.  The weight upon their lungs was incredible, making every struggling breath excruciating, but if they did not suffocate quickly enough breaking their legs made it impossible for them to lift themselves up in order to take a breath.  But, when they came to Christ He was already dead fulfilling the prophecy that not a single bone would be broken.  So, to make sure He was indeed dead one soldier pierced His side with a spear that thrust up into His heart.  This caused blood to flow freely from His body.

It was a total blood bath!  The blood flowed down His face from the thorns pressed deeply into His head.  His wounds from the blows He took to His face bled profusely.  After His mock trial, He had been blindfolded and punched as they said, "Prophesy to us, Son of God!  Who hit You that time, Jesus?"  Mocked, beaten, humiliated all for you.  Those wounds bled as He hung on the cross and that blood mixed with the blood pouring from His other wounds.

His reaction to all of this was to say, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."  As He died He gave up His Spirit to God saying, "Father, unto Your hands I commit my Spirit!"  Then it suddenly grew dark and an earthquake shook them all.  The rain began to pour down, mixing with all that blood He had shed.  Yes, it was a total blood bath.  All for you and for me.

Some joke, right?  We witness the mocking going on still today, but you know what?  He still loves you!  He loves me!  Praise God!  And, He willingly gave up His life that you may live.

God allowed us to make our own decisions.  We were given free will so that you are free to joke and to decide to throw away this gift of life, or to humble yourself, admit that you are a sinner, that you have missed the mark and messed up in your life.  You can choose to repent for those mistakes and ask Jesus to come into your life, save your soul, and be the Lord of your life from this day on until the day of His coming, or you can make jokes, refusing to hear what He has done for you.

The choice is yours, but I pray that you will choose Jesus and choose life, amen.

Peace to you and may God bless you much.  Please do not take this gift of love lightly.  God loves you so much that He was willing to die for your sins that you will live through all eternity with Him.

Always in His care, guided by His love and His Holy Spirit,

PrairWarur

All I can think of to say right now is.....   "I'm sorry."

Thanks for sharing. But Jesus Christ is more than just a teacher found only in the Gospels. He is found throughout the entire Bible. If you do not know that Jesus, you do not know Christ at all. It is GOD's standards that you must measure up to, not ours. I cannot even measure up to my own standards, let alone GOD's. That is why we need Jesus!

Feeling sad for you, CF. You've made your choice, and God will honor your decision.

Where do you think this journey will bring you?

John3:16

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that who ever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.:)

Amen, Parker! and everyone else....  we'll keep praying....  that's what we do.  

What do you believe about Jesus then?

Feeling sad for you, CF. You've made your choice, and God will honor your decision.

So I could be one of the nicest people that you've ever met and once of the purest hearts in the world (both of which I like to think myself as), and could still go to hell because I don't prescribe to your version of God? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0