alphaparticle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Nebula's thread got me thinking, and it seems like it wouldn't be that insane to see references to modern cosmological ideas in the Genesis creation account. That leads to my question, those of you who are OEC, what do you think about the broad Big Bang picture?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Nebula's thread got me thinking, and it seems like it wouldn't be that insane to see references to modern cosmological ideas in the Genesis creation account. That leads to my question, those of you who are OEC, what do you think about the broad Big Bang picture?

Makes sense to me.

14.6 billion years ago God spoke the universe into existence and BANG! And it was BIG!

Makes sense to me.

14.6 billion years ago God spoke the universe into existence and BANG! And it was BIG!

Spock I'm curious. How do you interpret the days in Genesis specifically?  I mean not only interpreting the word day, but if you see these as something like epochs, what do you see happening in them? If you have gone over this before I apologize, but I am curious.

Makes sense to me.

Spock I'm curious. How do you interpret the days in Genesis specifically?  I mean not only interpreting the word day, but if you see these as something like epochs, what do you see happening in them? If you have gone over this before I apologize, but I am curious.

Not dogmatic, but since you asked my thoughts, you may have them-

Of course, I see those six days as a RESTORATION of planet earth. I believe in the beginning god created the heavens and earth (dateless past), thus a old earth, Satan was allowed to rule here in some form or fashion, got on Gods bad side, God judged earth with a global flood (became void and darkness), and then God restored earth in six days.

Yes, I do believe these were six literal days, but I wouldn't bet my house on that. I do not believe it has to be literal either. God said a day is like a 1000 years onto him, so what if this were 6000 years in the making? I don't think it was, but you get my drift.

So, I'm 95% certain our earth is old and 60% certain God restored the earth in six literal days.

Good enough

Spock out

Makes sense to me.

Of course, I see those six days as a RESTORATION of planet earth. I believe in the beginning god created the heavens and earth (dateless past), thus a old earth, Satan was allowed to rule here in some form or fashion, got on Gods bad side, God judged earth with a global flood (became void and darkness), and then God restored earth in six days.

Yes, I do believe these were six literal days, but I wouldn't bet my house on that. I do not believe it has to be literal either. God said a day is like a 1000 years onto him, so what if this were 6000 years in the making? I don't think it was, but you get my drift.

So, I'm 95% certain our earth is old and 60% certain God restored the earth in six literal days.

Good enough

Spock out

This is really interesting Spock. Thanks for sharing.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Makes sense to me.

Good enough

Spock out

"God said a day is like a 1000 years onto him, so what if this were 6000 years in the making? I don't think it was, but you get my drift."

(2 Peter 3:8) "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

You forgot the 2nd half of the verse.  Could it be he was speaking to his Timelessness?

Makes sense to me.

Good enough

Spock out

This is really interesting Spock. Thanks for sharing.

Anything for you my dear scientific brother in Christ. Thanks for asking.